Get a visa on arrival at the airport in Entebbe.

Hello all,

Is it still possible to get a visa on arrival at the airport  in Entebbe, and has anyone done that recently? I would like to come in contact with such a person.

Hello Anne Marie66,

Please note that I have created a new thread with your post for more visibility on the Uganda forum;)

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you very much. I hope it helps  :top:

Greetings,
Anne

Is it still possible to get a visa on arrival at the airport  in Entebbe, and has anyone done that recently?

Technically it is possible to get visa on arrival at the airport, however it is strongly advised that you apply for your Visa online in advance before you board your flight at point of origin.

Although Uganda has been running the two systems at the same time, with Covid, airlines don't want to have to cover the cost of people who are barred entry from the country.

I have heard instances of some people not being allowed to get on the plane because they did not have their Visa approval letter. However, you can call your airline and ask what their guidance is.

The situation is fluid at the moment, as it is everywhere and you don't want to get caught out.

I am monitoring the situation and shall be writing more about visas, etc over the coming days. I am a travel writer / blogger based in UG since 2009.

Here are some other blogs you may find useful

muzungubloguganda.com/travel-tips/entebbe-airport-reopens/

muzungubloguganda.com/travel-tips/when-can-i-travel-to-uganda-post-lockdown-faqs/

muzungubloguganda.com/travel-tips/now-is-the-time-to-take-precautions/