Money Transfers to Argentina

Hello Everyone!

Our US-based company currently has a couple of employees in Argentina, and we struggle to transfer money from the US to them.
I mean, there are lots of money transfer services (paypal, remitly, wester union etc.), but the problem is that any US dollar we send is automatically converted to peso per OFFICIAL currency rate, which is twice less! Those who live in Argentina know what I mean. Our mates are losing money.

Please share your experience with us, we really need your advice to help our Argentinian colleagues!
How do you get paid from abroad? Is there any way the Argentinian recipients can get transfers in US dollars??? Or  Peso, but not losing money?

I look forward to hearing any feedback!

+1000 to your karma

Kind regards,

Eugenia

Hello Eugenia,

There is no simple solution to this problem.
I would encourage them to look into ways to use the El dólar MEP (la sigla de "mercado electrónico de pagos"). This is a slightly more complex way of bring money in and you will need the help of an accountant. But the MEP dolar tracks very close to the Blue Dollar.

I also have a question regarding this. If my SS check is deposited in my Fl bank and I want to withdraw the pesos for my rent, how will I be able to do if there is a limit of 1000. Pesos a day? At least so I have heard. I plan to get a pensionado and with an NDI I'd be able to open up a bank account but until then, what do people do?

We have friend in argentina. He working in bank . Please whataap : ***

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct