Car insurance for foreign cars.

After almost a year of not being with my wife due to covid cancelling four holiday we had booked this year, I'm now planning on visiting Ukraine over the Christmas holidays providing we are allowed to travel, I will be using my own car from the UK as I have to go to Hungary to visit my works new factory on my way home. I have been told I can get insurance over the border when I arrive in Ukraine, but my wife wants to buy it for me so I do not have to stop after entering Ukraine, she has been told that you can only buy third party insurance as Ukraine do not offer comprehensive cover for foreign vehicles. I find this strange but does anyone know if it is true.
Thank you.

Why don't you contact your insurer in the UK that would be the easiest?

I have but they don't cover Ukraine like most insurance companies they only cover Europe, I know I can get third party insurance so I will probably get that, I was just asking if anyone knew if I could get comprehensive.

Does anyone know of a good insurance company that will insure a foreign car for 15 days, my wife usualy uses Vuso but they don't seem to be too keen on selling anything other than civilka insurance.

I am not sure about insuring a foreign car.  But I imported a car from the U.S. and bought an insurance covering third party and my car.  Company I used is "Обериг"
Contact center: +380 800218 201.

Thanks Gregorypak, after looking with various insurance companies it is not possible to get temporary comprehensive cover for a UK registered car so we have had to purchace third party (Autocivilka) insurance.

Sorry to hear that a comprehensive ins cannot be purchased for a foreign registered car.  If you are still interested in, you might look into a company called Clemens ins under written by Lyoids ins company in London. They provide full ins world wide. They are not cheap but for a couple of weeks, it shouldn't be that high. But what you have to do is buy for one year and then cancel it after your trip and get a refund. I don't think you can buy for one or two etc.. weeks. If you ever drive through Kiev, let me know perhaps we can share information each other. I am married to an Ukraine woman, built a house outskirts of Kiev and been living here for almost two years. I am retired.

TAS company cover foreign car i drive belgian car and i have insurance.