Menu
Expat.com

OMAN EMPLOYEMENT VISA POST CORONA

Last activity 02 December 2020 by OMANJOBVISA SEEKER

OMANJOBVISA SEEKER

Dear all,

Just curious to know ( post corona period) new employement visa processing time

Though there are already posts and threads available on employement Visa in Oman, they are mostly before corona breakout period.

I had job offer from Oman based company. However due to pandemic, new employement visas were on hold.

Now ROP has started accepting applications for new employement Visa from 29th Dec 2020.

My question is if original GAMCA medical etc have been delivered to company and company claims that labour clearance etc are ready and they will apply for new visa from ROP, How long will it take to get it?

Regards,

OMANVISASEEKER

Mbg09

As you are saying labour clearance is ready, so hopefully you will get visa within few days.

OMANJOBVISA SEEKER

Thanks. Again my question is few days means how how many days ? 7 days after application?

Superboo

This week they started issuing new visas for employment. Be assured.

OMANJOBVISA SEEKER

Thanks. I know that they have started accepting application from 29th Dec 2020. Normally what is the standard time frame if labour clreance and GAMCA medical FIT report has been in place with company.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Sohar

• General visa requirements for Oman
    General visa requirements for Oman

If you are moving to Oman, it is important to be aware of the country's visa options and entry requirements ...

• How to get passport and visa for a newborn in Oman
    How to get passport and visa for a newborn in Oman

This article has useful information about the step-by-step process on how to obtain the Indian passport for your ...

• The Omani lifestyle
    The Omani lifestyle

Before moving to Oman, people should be aware of the local lifestyle. The Omani way of life is a unique blend of ...

• The health system in Oman
    The health system in Oman

Most of the time, when securing a job in Oman, your employer will provide you with health insurance, but it is ...

• Driving in Oman
    Driving in Oman

Expatriates tend to prefer to drive in Oman, as public transportation isn't fully implemented across the ...

• Banking in Oman
    Banking in Oman

Oman's banking sector is characterized by a mix of well-established local banks, international bank branches, ...

• Setting up a business in Oman
    Setting up a business in Oman

A major change came a few years ago when it was officially decided that expatriates do not need an Omani partner ...

• Finding a job in Oman
    Finding a job in Oman

While it's not recommended for anyone to go to Oman to look for a job, it's important to ensure you have a ...

All of Sohar's guide articles