Higher Education in Argentina for international students

Hi,

I searched a lot about English courses but I couldn't find it.
It seems like education is all in Spanish language in Argentina. Can you guys please help me find a Master degree program being taught in English ?

I want to take admission in Information technology/ Software Engineering field.

Hope to get some help.

Hi, I'm sorry to tell you that you most likely won't find any subjects being taught in English at a university except maybe the English language itself. All public universities teach their careers in Spanish. Maybe you could find a private university that teaches in English but I have friends in Buenos Aires that tell me they don't know of any that teach in English. Unfortunately Spanish is the only official language in Argentina so if you want to study for free it's going to have to be in their language.

Thank you Melipyde.

Do private universities offer Master level studies in English ? Especially IT/ Computer Sciences courses ? If yes, kindly guide me about that.

Do you have any information regarding IT / Software industry of Argentina? Its growth and future prospects? If no, then can you connect me to the right person please.

Thanks

I live and study in Argentina and have had to learn Spanish to do that. I'm 99.9% sure that no university offers any carreer option in any other language then Spanish. And as for the future of IT / Software engineering I have no idea and no contacts in that field. But surely in Buenos Aires or Córdoba the industry is booming

Thank you so much Melipyde.

This is very helpful info. I think in Argentina and all surrounding countries, the situation is almost same. I couldn't find any degree program in English. So I am left with 2 choices, either learn Spanish or target English speaking countries.

My plan was to get the Higher education first, then get a decent job and then permanent residency. But It looks difficult to me now :)

I had heard a lot about Argentina and Chile, and the affordable and decent lifestyle.

Anyways, thanks a ton.

I've been an expat in Argentina from the U.S. for about 15 years running a software company in Cordoba Argentina. From when I arrived until now, there is a strong shortage of programmers. It's the only career in which the salaries have kept up with or surpassed inflation. Keep in mind that wages are still very low in comparison to the U.S., but so is the cost of living. Your native English skills would be very desirable since much of the work done is for International clients. But, you're obviously going to have to have fairly good Spanish skills to be able to work in an Argentine office. You also have the issue of being able to legally work in Argentina.
Your best plan by far is to establish work in the U.S. in which you can work remotely, and then move to Argentina to continue working from here.

Thank you Sam,

I think working legally in IT sector shouldn't be an issue. I don't want to work illegally and would follow all the legal requirements and get the work permit.

The only hurdle I can see now is the Spanish language. I really want to move to Argentina or Chile to establish myself there and get the Permanent Residency.

I also have plan to establish my own business after spending few years.

Hi! I am Fabiana, Spanish language teacher from Buenos Aires.
I am afraid you won´t find any course in English at University here. Our only official language is Spanish. *** And good luck!

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct