Menu
Expat.com

New members of the Cyprus forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Last activity 10 December 2021 by Ginger Andy

jacquelinesmolders

Oké sorry. I ll tray again.
Comming to paphos on the 28 of september. Like to meet new people. I AM 66 years Young, psycologist, and want to Stay ....
One week or.....longer....winter in Holland is cold. Hope to het some reactions. Do speak french german and english. See you soon 👍

Brkeeng

Hey there. I am in the North for the next two years for an international airport project. Working as an engineer and would love two meet people for an afterwork beer drinking expedition in Nicosia. smile.png

Diksha

Hello Brkeeng,

Welcome to Expat.com smile.png

Thanks for introducing yourself!

The forum is the right place to connect with fellow expats. You can start new threads on the Cyprus forum to interact with the other members of the Expat.com community.  iagree.gif

All the best,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Brkeeng

Thanks Diksha.

garywaters325a

Hi everyone, my name is Gary Waters, my wife Trish and I are about to recce TRNC with a view to a permanent move. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

ingridvella

Hi all i am ingrid from malta and will be moving to Cyprus with my husband this January. We will be based in nicosia due to work. I am desperately trying to find a way to also get my dog with us, but haven’t managed so far. He’s a boxer and hence he won’t be accepted on aircraft because he is a snub faced breed. The only way is by boat, however i cannot find viable options yet.

Any ideas appreciated

Thanks

Toon

Yiu could try a ferry journey from malta to cyprus via Grimaldi notviseal for sure but worth looking at .. Good luck

phildraper

Hello ExPats and Merry Christmas to you all!
I have joined to ask for feedback and information from members who have trodden the path we are contemplating in moving from the UK to Cyprus to live and start a new business. Also some new friends in Cyprus to hook up with when we move over.
Retirement looms and my plans are to stop working in the current line of work in the UK and move to Cyprus to sail in a warmer place! I intend to start a sailing business with my partner and have started the research and info gathering to work towards this.  Locations we are considering are Paphos, Latchi or Limassol. The UK house is up for sale and I am expecting to move to Cyprus and either buy or rent when setting up. We also have a small dog to come with us. He does not know he is emigrating yet. I understand the process will be different now Brexit is completed.
If anyone can throw in some experiences or is happy to point me in the right direction for the things I need like visa’s, accountants, solicitors I will be very grateful. As you already know there is a lot to do and every long journey starts with the first step 😊
Best regards
Phil & Lara

Toon

Hi Phil and Lara welcome
Its best to ask specific questions so as not to get lost in large threads and keeps the subject matter in focus and in one place

phildraper

Toon
Thanks for the advise. Should I start a new thread/topic for each in another area?
Cheers
Phil

Toon

I would suggest search first then if you don't find what you need or need an update then start a new topic

Ginger Andy

Hi, I'm Andy and I currently live in London. My wife and I, both in our 60s, have finally decided to take the plunge and move over - our children are all grown and I work online so it doesn't matter where in the world we are (I will still, in effect, be employed in the UK). We know the north better than the south, but we're coming over just after Christmas to have a look around the Paphos area and try to get a feel for it.

All a bit daunting, but really quite an exciting time. I shall doubtless be plaguing people on here for advice, so apologies in advance.

Andy

Toon

Welcome .. ask away try and keep to just one subject pers topic for targeted responses ok ..

Ginger Andy
Toon wrote:

Welcome .. ask away try and keep to just one subject pers topic for targeted responses ok ..

Thanks, and noted  smile.png

Julien

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969280

Thanks!

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Cyprus

All of Cyprus's guide articles