Menu
Expat.com

New members of the Cyprus forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Last activity 10 December 2021 by Ginger Andy

Julien

Hi all,

Newbie on the Cyprus forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you wink.png

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Cyprus if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Jeremie Bastien

Hi everyone,

My name is Jeremy, I'm French, working at my own count as a property renovator. I work a lot in my area during 8-9 months / year, so i like to enjoy other beautiful warm places during winter time. I'm intersted to go spend next winter in Cyprus. Trying to see how it could be possible.

I love sailing so I prefer to live on sail boat, i don't know wich is the best way to find one for a good price, is there a famous second hand - people to people, selling website for that ?

I wille have to work a little bit to get enough money to stay as longer as possible. Is there a possibility to work, under wich conditions ?

That is why i suscribed to that forum

Thank you very much for any informations you could share with me !

Stevie T

My wife and I are looking to initially visit and  buy a holiday home in the Peyia area when we are able to visit the Island freely. The grand plan is then to locate more permanently in 4-5 years time

Regards Steve

Toon

Welcome to the forum

Stevie T

Many thanks forthe welcome Toon

summerhouse

Hi Stevie

My wife and I moved to Cyprus from Northumberland in December 2020 and have built up lots of contacts including a very good solicitor who we trust completely. We got a Cyprus residency a few months ago. If you need any help we would be glad to help.

Neil

Stevie T

That’s very kind of you Neil, will get in touch as soon as we can establish a date to get out the

steve

Richardjcf

Hi Everyone.

My name is Richard and I am currently living and working in Malaysia. We are considering retiring to Cyprus in 2022, hopefully. We would love to retire here in Malaysia but it is a bit too far from our families and we miss having seasons. No doubt over the next year I will be asking many questions and asking for advice.

Richard

Toon

Welcome Richard

Silver4321

Hi
Our names are malcolm and jill from Scotland,thank you for letting us join.
Can you tell us what area holds the most expats? We are looking to buy a holiday home in Northern Cyprus we would want to be near beach and amenities plus expat community any info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Malcolm & jill

Toon

Welcome Malcolm and Jill

Rossloloscarmia

Hi everyone, my wife and I are hoping to move to Cyprus in October. Ross and Loraine.
I'm finding since Brexit quite a long winded exercise in completely understanding, what we have to do. Anyhow we are thinking of checking out the north before making a permanent settle.
I will be reading all your posts to give me more valuable insight about Cyprus.
Stay safe all 😎

Toon

Hopefully things will change for you in the next 6 months

Rossloloscarmia

Thanks Toon, hopefully 😎

Sally Sunshine

Hello, which area of Cyprus did you move to? Please share the name and contact details of the trusted solicitor as I hear that finding a good, honest and licences one is very difficult to find!

Thanks in advance.

Sally Sunshine

Hello, which area of Cyprus did you move to? Please share the name and contact details of the trusted solicitor as I hear that finding a good, honest and licenced one is very difficult to find!

Thanks in advance.

Rossloloscarmia

Hi Sally,I haven't moved there yet hoping to in October.

Ozzy01

Hi I’m maria from Yorkshire England looking to live and buy a property in Cyprus so any advise like medical cover ect would be great I am retired and my husband isn’t but won’t be working as he will take retirement early and we will live off my private pension  and his price pension and my state pension we will have savings too

Toon

Welcome to the forum. Please feel free to ask specific questions under a heading to target the answers

Karl Harmsen

Hallo:
I have a property in Peyia (groundfloor, 1-bedroom, small garden, all facilities). It is not on the market, but if you like you would be most welcome to see it and in case you would like to purchase it, I presume we could come to an agreement.
Regards,

Julien

Karl, could you please post your ad in the appropriated section: housing in Cyprus and not on the "new members, introduce yourselves" thread, which is dedicated to introductions ?

Thanks in advance,

Julien

Karl Harmsen

i just pushed the reply button and wrote my message

cmcneill86

Hi,

My name is Chris,
My wife and I are hoping to move to Larnaca by the end of July.
She is Cypriot and we will be moving in with her parents short term.  yikes.png

Currently making lista of everyone I need to contact before the move, a little dazed and confused.

Thanks,

Toon

Welcome Chris  = it can be a little daunting to to make the move but its so worth it.. Dont stress it too much, just do your research ask questions plan well and have an exit plan if it doesnt work out the way you expect it to.. Dont worry about making a mistake we all make them.....

Good luck

halstonwitch

Am i welcomed because Iam abroad student. Ya I'm new here.

AndreCB

Good evening everyone,

I'm Andreea and I'm super giddy to be moving to Cyprus in June!
I am in the UK at the moment, I have my own recruitment business and I have decided to spend 1 year (initially) in sunny Cyprus.
After a bit of research, I chose Paphos, and currently, I'm checking the rental market around the area. I know word of mouth is the best way, but the circumstances don't allow me to be there just yet, and so for the moment, I'm gathering a bit of info on the areas, prices, quality of life etc.

I'm welcoming any advice you could kindly offer & I appreciate your time.

Andreea

Cheryl

Hello AndreCb,

Welcome to Expat.com   cheers.png

Thank you for introducing yourself and also for sharing your project with us.  up.png

Should you have any question, do not hesitate to create a new thread on the Cyprus forum.

Best of luck.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

Toon

Welcome

Guest5873

Hi everyone,
My name is Kelechi. I’m an international student from Nigeria, pursuing a master’s degree in International Relations at CIU.
I have extensive knowledge about logistics as I used to work with FedEx as a sales executive when I was back at home in Nigeria.
I’m hoping to find some work as well as study here in Cyprus.
I would sincerely appreciate any and every instruction or advise given to me here.
Many thanks everyone

cmhoenderkamp

I have been living in northern cyprus with my wife for 6 years with my wife and dog but a run of bad luck and they have both passed so I am feeling very lonely

alisonrich1958

Hi my name is Ali
My husband and I are hopefully looking to buy a property in Cyprus in the near future. We are coming to Cyprus for a holiday in September this year and intend to hire a car and have a look around the island. We have stayed in kissonerga 4times so are familiar with coral bay and the surrounding villages but we also want to visit Famagusta and Frenaros too.
We will be retiring in Cyprus so hopefully if anyone can help with advice on healthcare and everyday costs etc I would be extremely grateful
Many thanks Ali

Toon

Best to ask specific questions  on separate threads and we shall do our best to answer them that way you get more detailed targeted  answers

crimping28

Hello day lovely people,am Seth Ghana but currently in Qatar please I want to move to Cyprus be cause is my dream country and I don't where to start, anyone who wants to guide can whatapp me ***
Thanks

juliebatey

Hi I’m Julie I came here Cyprus 2 and a half years ago and live in Paphos. I’m a retired food safety/ technical manager now living the dream in this beautiful country. Hoping to learn a lot from this site

Diksha

Hello Julie,

Welcome to Expat.com smile.png

Glad to hear that you are living happily in Paphos as expat for quite some time now! smile.png

Whether you are looking for information on a certain subject, or just seeking to connect with other expats to befriend them and compare notes, feel free to start a new thread on the Paphos forum/Cyprus forum.

Cheers cheers.png

Diksha
Expat.com team

Guest5873

Hi all, 

Newbie on the Cyprus forum? Don't know how to start? 

My name is Wayne I was living in Cyprus many years ago when I was a kid with my family my step dad is a citizen Cypriot and when I was older moved back too Cyprus in 2016 as I married my Philippine wife in Nicosia in October 14th then I got here yellow slip as I had mine in 2016 but we moved back too UK in 2019 in November 20th and now been in UK for me 3years and two years for the wife looking to get some advice about how to move back to Cyprus me British citizen and my wife Philippines can anyone help us within the right steps to take as I still have an unlimited yellow slip but I've been out the country more than 6-months can I apply for the MEU3 being in the UK.

Wayne

jacquelinesmolders

Dag,
Ben Jacqueline uit Nederland.
Kom naar paphos zou graag kennis maken met…..
Iedereen die dat ook leuk vindt.
Hapje, drankje, zonnetje, zeetje ….
Groetjes…

jacquelinesmolders

Ben aan het zoeken....
Heb ik dit al ingevuld ??
Géén idee.
Enniewee....
Ik ben Jacqueline uit Nederland. Kom binnenkort naar paphos. Zou graag Mensen ontmoeten. Wil kijken of een verschil blijf in de winter een idee is. Net gepensioneerd...vandaar.
Brede belangstelling !!!
Groetjes Jacqueline

jacquelinesmolders

Hi. Ben nieuw lid....
Wordt dit vertaald ??

Toon

English is the usual language - i can translate using google but its not too accurate

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Cyprus

All of Cyprus's guide articles