Marriage Visa Status

Hey everyone,

I applied for marriage visa on the 28th October and my Fiance got interviewed on the 8th of December 2020 at department of marriages in Belgium.  4 weeks after her interview, the status of our visa on the website changed to this .......

(In afwachting ontvangst van documenten die de visumaanvraag ondersteunen en die door de Belgische diplomatieke/consulaire post per diplomatieke valies verzonden wordt.)

The embassy in my country knows nothing and nothing from Brussels too, Can anyone who has gone through the same enlighten me a little with the documents needed for this status.
Thank you in advance.

There's nothing to worry. It's just following the process.

So you mean they won't even ask for extra documents in my case?

no, it means your file is inside a diplomatic bag, ready to be send to Brussels or already gone.
Then they'll put your file into the queue and it will be checked later~

Thanks Alex

May I ask did you get the six digit file number to track your application on this website: https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Appl … ssing.aspx
and you can track it? your marriage is a short stay visa, right?

Yes i have a reference number to track my application online and it's a C-type visa with the view to marriage.

and you can see the status of your application?

rather to see sth like this:
Le fait que votre commande de recherche ne donne pas de résultats, peut être la conséquence des circonstances suivantes :

-vous avez introduit des données incorrectes

-vous avez introduit le numéro d'une demande de visa / de réference qui est traitée par un poste diplomatique ou consulaire qui ne dispose pas encore des moyens nécessaires pour envoyer une demande de visa par voie électronique (consultez la liste); pour le moment, il n'est pas encore possible de consulter l'état de traitement d'une demande de visa envoyée à l'OE par valise diplomatique 

-le poste diplomatique ou consulaire n'a pas envoyé la demande visa parce qu'il a la compétence de délivrer des visas d'office;

-la demande de visa n'a pas été introduite auprès d'un poste diplomatique ou consulaire belge mais auprès d'un poste représentant la Belgique ((*)consultez la liste);

-le poste diplomatique ou consulaire n'a pas encore envoyé la demande de visa ou l'OE na pas encore reçu la demande de visa du Ministère des Affaires étrangères.

La procédure pour le transfert de demandes de visa se déroule somme suit:

Poste diplomatique ou consulaire
Demande de visa

Serveur Affaires étrangères

because I am unable to track it at all.
on the website it says: Please note that due to a shortage of staff to process short-stay visa applications, the registration is currently being done when the application is processed. Therefore, the search will not give any results until a decision is made.

Yes I can track my application, which says I need to submit extra documents to the embassy, I believe you should be able to see the status of yours after a month once submitted. Remember to insert the correct reference number and consulate where you submitted your application.

Indeed, it takes some time for the file to start showing up in DOFI tracking website.