Work/Visit Visa - Query

Hello,

First of all, thanks to all contributors on this forum since I have learnt a lot about my upcoming move to Bahrain through navigating around various topics here.

I will be shortly moving to Bahrain in February 2021 for employment purposes with a reputed international organization. My employer had filed for a work visa and successfully got it processed but there were some problems with the personal details filled out so they had filed for a correction request in early January 2021. However, three weeks on, there hasn't been a positive response from the Ministry. Now in the interest of time, my employer has advised me to move in to the country on a Visit visa and they would file for a fresh work visa and subsequently Family Visa (for my spouse) once I have arrived in the country.

The employer is reliable enough in my interactions so far with them and I am well aware that they have tried everything possible to get my work visa in place for a smooth immigration experience.

My query - would it be legal for me to work on a Visit Visa while awaiting my work visa? Are there any actual instances where people have been deported/actioned upon while working on a visit visa?

Is there any reliable immigration consultant available on this forum who can guide me with this process.

Appreciate all forum members' inputs on this. Thank you.

BahrainiExpat wrote:

Hello,
My query - would it be legal for me to work on a Visit Visa while awaiting my work visa? Are there any actual instances where people have been deported/actioned upon while working on a visit visa?

Is there any reliable immigration consultant available on this forum who can guide me with this process.

Appreciate all forum members' inputs on this. Thank you.

No it is not legal.  It really depends on your luck or bad luck and your sponsor's standing.  There are cases of people who have suffered and some even posted on the forums here.

One of our friends family need to Travel back India need to do extension or they can pay at airport immigration extension charges until February....

It is always advised to pay early before travel so that you do not have to go through unforeseen circumstances after you have booked the tickets.

T&R