Travelling to India for child birth

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some information. My wife is pregnant, and she has a residence permit which will expire by the end of Jan 2022. We are planning to give birth in India. We will be applying family reunification visa for the new-born (due date Aug 1st week) around end of September, but we are not sure how long will it take for the visa to be approved. If approved before December 2021 then my wife can travel with the baby before end of Jan. In case if my wife's RP got expired before baby's visa can be approved, will my wife be able to apply for RP renewal from India or will she need to apply for dependent visa again?

Your response would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Ravi

Hi Ravi,

I am currently in the similar situation could you please share your experience here.

Kr,
Gautam
Hello,

she will not be able to renew her RP from India as she's not physically at the commune.
She'll have to request a return visa (C) and explain why she couldn't renew her RP in time and if Belgium is still her main interest.

About your child, well... technically the visa can take up to 9 months...
but if the child is born in Belgium, he/she'll get the resident permit immediately...

@GAUTAM SUDHIR KANITHI

Hi Gautam

Am in that situation currently , could you please let me know the status of you? If it is resolved, How did you overcome it? Appreciate your help

@Raviraman hi Ravi,

Am in the same situation now, Could you please share your answer . It is certainly helpful to us.

Hi Ravi @Raviraman

Can you please tell us how long it took for your to get the VISA arranged for the new born baby?

What is the type of VISA you applied for the baby.

I am an expecting father. My wife is in India and I have to apply for dependent visa for the baby. Your feedback will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Karthik

Hello,

Here are my 2 cents.

My wife went to India for child birth and she was out of Belgium for more than 6 months. I have applied family reunification visa for my wife & kid and the visa took 3 months to get it approved.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Thanks Siva :)