Process of moving to Iran of a foreign national married to Iranian

Hi dears,

Does anyone here know the process or been through of migrating to Iran who is a foreign woman married to Iranian man ? I am a Filipina and I wanted to know the lengthy process of moving to Iran once the marriage has been officialized/registered in Iran government. Like is there any required bank balance or property to show to the government that I can live there and documents needed.

Appreciate any of response/ideas shared.

Thank you all and keep safe.

Hi, you need nothing here in Iran
You can easily move here forst then marry anyone you want then you are a citizen of Iran.
Thats all
Call me if you want other information

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : please do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am already married to Iranian and it's been officialized in Iran government. Now we're in the next step of living together in Iran. My Iranian passport and ID is still with the government because currently I'm still in Philippines. Would you know what are the next steps for that? Thank you so much

Hi I married my husband in Australia who is Iranian we settled everything through the embassy in my home country and waited until the passport came back to the country before we immigrated here. If you don't have the passport and ID don't come to Iran unless you have a tourist visa or they won't let you in you will have trouble at the airport. I have been living here the last 4-5 years if you need any advice from another expat I'm available to help cheers Tanya 😀

I would contact the embassy and request they send the passport to you in the Phillipines or better yet get your husband to do it they tend to respond better to the partner that is Iranian 😝

Thank you for this! I would definitely love to hear more of your experience! Can I drop you a private message here?

Can I ask about your process of what you needed to do to be able to travel to / move to Iran? I have read that you need to do a number of things including declare that you are Muslim, have your marriage certified, give them your original birth certificate from your country of birth which they will not return and then they give you an Iranian birth certificate, ID and passport which allows you to travel. I would like to be able to travel freely to Iran with my fiancé but don't like the idea of giving up my birth certificate to be replaced with an Iranian one.

Hi I didn't have that problem why would you give up your country off births birth certificate? What country are you coming from? I am assuming that your fiancé is Iranian if you get married outside of the country do all the paperwork from the Iranian embassy and all your original paperwork gets shipped back to you they keep certified copies of the paperwork. You can also get Muslim married in your own country. If you are only engaged you can get a tourist visa and travel upto 3 months here to see how you like Iran, at the moment with covid being high you won't be able to travel around and visit, I would wait do everything at home and then when the country is safer come here to live. If you need to ask more questions I am an Australian by birth my husband is Iranian and we are living here the last 4-5 years I can answer some questions for you private message me x Tanya

Hi I also noticed that you are living in Melbourne the Iran embassy is in Canberra you can ship everything to them and they ship it back but you need to actually be married in Australia first, do a court marriage, Muslim marriage, apply for everything online and when you come here have a wedding ceremony ( this year ceremonies are banned due to covid) living here is extremely different to Australia 🙈 I struggle sometimes and miss alot of things if you need to ask me anything else just private message me I'm happy to help 😀

Thank you, it's so useful to hear from someone who has actually been through the process. I thought it was strange that they would keep the birth certificate but I don't know of any other countries that are so keen to turn people into their own citizens and I know they don't recognize dual nationality so I thought it may be linked to that. I found the information here http://www.daftar.org/forms/vitalrecord … ge/411.pdf where it said 'The birth certificate will not be returned'.

I'm originally from Scotland but we are both currently living in Australia. My fiance really misses his family so I wanted to find out more about the process of getting a passport so it would be easier for us to visit and perhaps live there at some point. Being British it is quite difficult for me to visit on a visa because I am supposed to be on a tour unless his family can sponsor me and I know that can be tricky to do. It would be easier if we are recognized as being married in Iran.

I would do everything from Australia BUT say that you are resident in Australia that way you can leave when you want and won't have a problem - I have both my Australian passport/ birth certificate and all my Iranian stuff it is only an issue if you say you live in Iran. Do everything from Australia it us so much easier we won't be here forever probably only another 2 years then we will either come back to Australia or go to Spain see how we feel, at the moment with corona it is not good here lots of lockdowns not like Australia and with US sanctions the cost of living has gone up and people are struggling, it is nice to visit and stay for a while but for a foreign woman is hard as everything is political and religious based and you will need to pop on a scarf and cover up all the time I am so sick off scarfs 😂😂 I like the traditional culture and visiting the sites is great but unless your Farsi is good (mine isn't) it's a struggle Iv had a few expat friends here and all have been miserable (I am so sorry for the negativity I'm having a I hate Iran say lol) I think everyone has problems when they move to a new country I have a toddler as well so extra stress 😝 I'm here if you need any help you can private message me

Hi,
How are going up cost of living in Iran?

Hi mili its okay if you buy everything local most foreign products have gone up again in price due to sanctions red meat is high and chicken is slowly going up in price if you are a vegetarian is no problem as plenty of local markets with fresh produce, we still have a corona situation as not alot of vaccines have been distributed so masks and hand sanitizer in Tehran hope that helps 😊

Hi, thanks for your answer. I have another question. A woman who born and get married outside Iran, and after that start living in Iran, does she still needs permission from her husband to leaving iran? Also, such a woman, can she live inside Iran anywhere she likes without her husband permission?
Can I talk to you privately please?
This is my email: ***
Send me a massage please if you don't mind.
Have a good day

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct