Finding the cheapest car rental in Panama

The first time I planned my trip to Panama, I spent several hours looking for the rental company that offered the best prices. I googled and of course, the first companies that appear, as in any other destination either in Latin America such as Cancun or Madrid in Europe are the multinationals: Kayak, Hertz, Expidia ...
But I was already convinced that I must look further. From previous travel experience, I already know that local companies can surprise you, especially if you are looking for better prices, since in their fight in the competition with these large companies they have to make a difference and add value to the client, either by offering better prices or giving a personalized service.
In Cancun I have had this experience, renting with Easy Way Rent a Car, a small local company that offers unbeatable prices. Something like that I was looking for in Panama.
I was short on budget, so finding a cheap car was a matter of life and death. Looking for advice on the cheapest companies the blogs were very useful to me: PanamaEquity
but the tips to find a cheap car I found in:
America Travel Info
In particular, I found the tips for spotting price traps very helpful when Liability Insurance is not included in the preliminary rates. This is mandatory in Panama, so if you see striking prices such as a compact for $ 4 per day, that is really not the final price, since at least the price for Liability insurance will have to be added, which usually exceeds $ 10
Finally with Coronado Car Rental I bargained for a good deal. This company specializes in long-term rentals. For a period of 15 days I got a discount of 8% and a compact came out with a daily rate of $ 7 including only liability insurance and without accessories.
To save money, I did not include the GPS among the accessories, but I used google maps on my phone and I had no problems.

Whew, that's a lot. So you want an economical car rental? Where? Panama City? Coronado?

cheap car rentals are remote and not open 24/7
economic cars insurance is about $12-$16 for mandatory and about $32-$36 for full coverage
find a rental company that's in the airport terminal and open when you arrive and depart
always get full coverage with NO deductibles