Menu
Expat.com

Where are all the friendly people?

Last activity 21 July 2012 by Adim

mkitava

I find that people aren't as open and friendly as i am, and given the world we live in i get it. It seems it's not that easy to make friends on the blog. Does anyone else experience this?

My fun-loving, free, open-minded age-mates.... get in touch!!!

mallo

Hi Mkitava,

I just joined the Expat Forum today and happened to see your post.  I totally agree with you and sometimes I feel that people and true - open friendships have evolved to almost non-existence. I may not be of the same age as you but would love to connect with you and as my dad once told me "surround yourself with people from all age groups and you will draw inspiration from each of them" I know we can both learn great things from each other.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Harmonie

Hello mallo and welcome to Exat Blog!smile.png

And mkitava, I am sure that you will soon have a lot of friends.

Harmonie.smile.png

mallo

Hello Harmonie and thanks.

legacy

au contraire dear mkitava, i find it easy to make friends on the blog smile.png

that is accomplished thru selflessness, u give people advice, help them, in a way that shows u want nothing in return, and that fosters friendship. that is what i have found in my case.

however, u have to be careful. as a girl especially (and a pretty one at that big_smile.png ), u will get a lot of people who want "the wrong things". it is pertinent for u to be able to discern what people want by their tonality.

the good people of expat-blog are in the midst of working out a system of reporting any foul behavior, to keep this site clean and friendly, and above all, helpful to all who wish to travel the world.

today i travel back to my homeland, to meet with my future father-in-law, to ask for his daughters hand in marriage big_smile.png

so continue being who u are, always be friendly, and always believe the best about people, until the prove otherwise.

i find that i trust everyone at first, with no preconceived notion, until i speak to them once, twice etc. then, if i judge them to be different than i initially thought, i do nto speak to them.

the world is your oyster, and u have a potential 3billion friends in it!

mkitava

Thank you legacy! i shall keep the faith and be careful smile.png

I wish you all the luck in the world with asking for your girlfriend's hand! Although i'm sure you don't need it you seem like a very decent guy!

Have a safe trip!

legacy

now if only her dad can see me in that light; can i use ur name as a reference? tongue.png

many thanks big_smile.png

zackisback

I'm here...

ochie

morningg all,greeting from indonesia

zackisback

Good morning all from Jeddah

Bella Syam

Yea I feel the same damn way too. I've tried to be nice, hoped they would be nice o me too, at least to spend time together cause I'm so stressed out sometimes, but they always take it wrong.. Think I'm a bad girl, trying to flirt or any dirty thoughts and then they try to treat me like a dirty girl and say dirty thing to me. What the hell is wrong with these people, I think. I can't even touch them, even though I can I won't.

legacy

Dear Bella,

I am sorry u have to go thru that; unfortunately i was just having this very same discussion with my friend yesterday. people misinterpret the smallest of gestures as being something other than it is, and always wrong.

dont let these people get to u smile.png

starkhan

I am very friendly but never got a good response from you friends. Why am I so alone among you?

Salman_umer

Hello Makita Sorry if i have write wrong name words, i think in this world and time there is no any target which can't be impossible, i have made many friends on Internet At many websites but i have found very less honest and long term relationship buddies but i have not lose my heart....i am still in search of good and honest friends. so what about you can we talk can we try to become friends....Have you use Facebook or SKYPE...???

Best Wishes

Salman

digitalhunk

I am here!

David1946

I comment but havent got a response i guess they dont like old people LoL.   

David1946

ericwt

I think there are all kinds of friendly people here.

Read around, it seems the number one issue with expats is loneliness. There are tons of people wanting to be friends with others.

I do not have an actual blog here, I mainly post in the forums. What I have noticed is you get out of this place what you put into it.

It takes time and interactions with others. Friendly people are here. If that was not the case, I would not be here.

starkhan

better u hav one active friend, a true & regular one than u have 100 out of which less are active on blog..........

HaileyinHongKong
David1946 wrote:

David1946

Old people should be treasured & respected.

That's what old people tell me anyway.

David1946

Thanks Hailey i needed that.   

David1946

HaileyinHongKong

De nada.

lukme

here is ur all friends:lol:

ericwt

You know I was thinking here. I was rude to someone here a few months ago. I really should not have been.

But when they posted the situation that they were about to get into, I kind of lost my head.

It flashed in my mind...what if my dad or grandpa was in that situation? The mere thought of my dad in his 70's trying to move and drive in a dangerous situation when they did not have a lot of money scared me.

I could see my own dad in that situation and I did freak out on my response.

But it was not to be mean. It was to make the poster examine the situation closely and to look before you leap.

The same topic came up later and I learned how to properly respond to that type of post. I make mistakes, but I do learn.

starkhan

i am here. seeking for sincere and gd pplz to communicate around the globe to share info. contact me if u feel the same.

Regards.

ishar18
HaileyinHongKong wrote:
David1946 wrote:

David1946

Old people should be treasured & respected.

That's what old people tell me anyway.

totally agree smile.png

babablacksheep

hello from jordan... I welcome positive thinking friends  cool.pnglol.png

francaiscuisine

hi i'm jean pierre! smile.png
I'm from Illinois and I could help you a lot with your baking needs. So if you need any help, feel free to message me or leave a comment at this post so that we could discuss your needs and your interests in baking cool.png

rajrana1981

its either your perception or your intuition

Adim

Agree with u guys and gals, true friendship is no easy to get..I have nice friends and sometimes also get experiences of people disapearing without telling...Happily there are still tons of wonderful people smart and open, that's why i am on this forum.Hope to connect frendly to you!!!

HaileyinHongKong
francaiscuisine wrote:

hi i'm jean pierre! smile.png
I'm from Illinois and I could help you a lot with your baking needs. So if you need any help, feel free to message me or leave a comment at this post so that we could discuss your needs and your interests in baking cool.png

I have many baking needs.  For instance, how do I bake without an oven?

Adim

Hi Jean Pierre, thank u for your offer to help in baking use...Bread is so good, can you stay a day without having it, me i can't lol:D

Articles to help you in your expat project

All guide articles