CORU Period of Adaptation

@VIM115 thanks for your response.

Which topic CORU asked to undergo POA or aptitude test for you.

How you finding the POA place, and it seems very hard isn't it, and visa also a problem for it.

What about aptitude test, do we need to do only in specific topics or whole optometry syllabus, do they provide any guidance for the test before the test?

Have you got any contacts who have done before and successful CORU registration.

@Ijaz Ali75 ..hi dear did you get any help please reply

@Shravanss746

Hello,

Did you opt for aptitude test?

@nikhitaverma03

Hello nikhita, are you optometrist?, which country your from?, have you recovered your decision of recognition?

If you don't mind can I email you for further details?

Thanks

Shravan

@Shravanss746

Hi

You can email me on ***

Moderated by Bhavna 11 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Shravanss746

hii,

i am from Pakistan.i also got my decision for recognition of my qualifications and CoRU asked me for adaptation period.

regards,

Bushra Toufeeq

@VIM115 Hi,

did you get coru registration now and what you chosed, POA or Aplitude test.

@VIM115

Hi,

Did you get Coru registration now or not and what did you choose, POA or Aplitude test

Hi everyone I was told  to start registration while awaiting for decision. It was optional though . I started the registration . Thus , I submitted all the necessary documents required for registration and went through Garda vetting but 3 months later my decision came stating that I undergo Period of Adaptation for 2 months or take an aptitude test. To make it clear , my registration is currently on hold since my qualification was not recognised outright. Thus, unless I complete period of adaptaion or take the aptitude test in ireland and pass then I could serve the registration board a copy of the recognition or accreditation letter for them to add my name to the register.

currently i am at this stage where i have only two options left

1. 2 months POA
  2. Aplitude test

Q:1 I am at this stage, where and how do i get POA in ireland or can i do POA in my home country ?

Q:2 if there is only situation where i have to complete POA in ireland then from where and how can get visa for this ?

Q3: What about the aplitude test, can someone guide me about this ?

@Huseyn Gilani

Hi, have you got POA? I have the same case. Can we connect?

@rameezahassan yeah sure

Yes ok dear, where is your locat at the moment?

@Huseyn Gilani Please share your contact details so I can connect.

i have the same issues as you do, how can one come for POA without a a visa, now i had paid for the registration before the decision finally came out in February 2023,what can be done now,im in the UK now for studies

@Ijaz Ali75

Hi there, I may suggest start looking in the acute hospitals (level 4) in Ireland and send your CV as well as the POA proposal provided by CORU. Best to send directly to the HR department and follow up weekly if you don't receive any responses. There is high demand for POA, particularly outside Ireland, and be ready mentally if they decline your request as the majority of hospitals in Ireland are fully subscribed for Irish students and short staffing everywhere.

Hope this helps! :)

@Ijaz Ali75

I'd say, finding POA is quite challenging at this time particularly post COVID. I think CORU requires at least 50% POA has to be done in level 4 hospitals (acute settings), so best start sending emails (attach CV and POA proposal from CORU) to HR department or physiotherapy managers in the hospitals. You can search list of hospitals from HSE website and start ASAP as hospitals are fully subscribed to Irish students for their placements in year 2 and 4 and shortage staffing everywhere.

Hope this helps! Good-luck :)

@VIM115 hi now I am stuck in same situation and I don't  know what to do. i am in Dublin already but how to find a supervisor ? is it costly ? what should i chose aptitude test or POA?

Hi there! I am in Dublin already and now stuck to make a decision between POA and aptitude test and I want to go for POA but before replying to coru officially i have some queries.

Am I suppose to find my own supervisor?

is it costly? if yes then how much is it (expected)?