Neighborhoods

Hi everyone!

I am new in Addis and currently trying to decide, in which area I want to live.
I was already warned about traffic and being close to work, which I currently am (OAP), but it seems somewhat remote from the restaurants, supermarkets and generally from everyone else ;)

I don't really consider Bole, as I've heard that it can be difficult there in terms of muggings and robberies. It is also quite far from my place of work. However, I was thinking about Kasanchis, as it seems to be quiet central and the commute would be doable.
Could you give me your opinion on the safety? I will not be walking at night anywhere in Addis, it is more about being able to walk around during the day.

How does it compare to OAP in terms of safety? Any other advice/thoughts on neighborhoods?

Thanks in advance.
Angelika

Hi!
I advise living around the Old Airport - between Carl Square and Bisrate Gabriel Church. It is peaceful, and safe for walking and you have easy access to nice supermarkets, and other services. It is also well located area to go to central areas in Addis Ababa.
With best wishes,
Muluken

Hi there, welcome to Ethiopia. I highly recommend you old airport area. It's close to African Union. It is safe and you can find everything close by. There are so many embassies and expats.

I own a few apartments for rent in a beautiful area on the road leading to the British Embassy. You can call the site manager at 0913 72 6396.  His name is Kassahun. It is a beautiful neighborhood and there is 24 hour security at the apartment. I am thinking of providing shuttle service for tenants who don't have cars. Check it out.

Hi Angelika,
ich habe ein super schönes Haus und sicheres zu vermieten in einem gated compound called  country club homes in Ost Addis.
bei Interesse, melde Dich

LG
Markus