Menu
Expat.com

Covid vaccinations for Expats?

Last activity 09 May 2021 by Ed Howard Williams

Lorelle Champion

Has anyone heard about a plan for expats getting Covid vaccinations?

The Australian Embassy website has no information and I haven't seen any mention of foreigners in the rollout plans for different priority groups.

Guest2023

There is nothing at the moment, maybe down the track something will happen. Forget about the Aussie govt, they don't give a damn.

TC-in-DaNang

Hi Lorelle. I emailed the Aust embassy and the response was effectively "find your own solution". The last time I went to an Australian embassy for help was over thirty years ago, in India, and they were no help then either :-(

Rumour has it that it may be possible for foreigners to pay to get vaccinated at private clinics here in Vietnam. I enquired recently at a Da Nang clinic and they had no vaccine supply, and didn't know if/when they would get some. They said they would get in touch if that changed. I"ll probably check with them again in a few weeks.

It doesn't seem like the vaccine rollout is going particularly fast here,  presumably because of supply issues.

That's all I know.

Jimpdxusa

Got my first shot of Pfizer today.  No discomfort or any other issues.  I go back in two weeks for the follow up shot.  Sure would be nice if VN opens its borders to vaccinated Americans on 90 day tourists visas again. 

Q4 2021?  Q1 or Q2 2022?  I know nobody knows, just wishful thinking.

goodolboy
Lorelle Champion wrote:

The Australian Embassy website has no information and I haven't seen any mention of foreigners in the rollout plans for different priority groups.

Try contact the " fat & broke" guy for info! He recons on this video that his name is on a waiting list here in Vietnam to get the vaccine. I asked him to share the info for us all to get on it & no reply & he deleted my query on the video comments page!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZvtoK-0MiI&t=24s

Guest2023
goodolboy wrote:
Lorelle Champion wrote:

Try contact the " fat & broke" guy for info! He recons on this video that his name is on a waiting list here in Vietnam to get the vaccine. I asked him to share the info for us all to get on it & no reply & he deleted my query on the video comments page!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZvtoK-0MiI&t=24s

Great to see that the Australian govt is donating 40 million dollars to help Viet Nam  with its vaccine rollout, yet, can't spend a dime to help it's citizens here in Viet Nam and other countries.

paulmsn

The US will not help overseas Americans get vaccines, either, so it's not just the Australian government.

Hung Cao30

I saw that on hcm us embassy website also.

Rahj_Devon
Lorelle Champion wrote:

I was told to take the fly home and get one on your own... They will not support any citizen living oversea.

Corey Pu

Does Vietnamese government allow more flexibility if you have taken 2 doses of Moderna vaccines prior to arrival?  I got here on April 22nd, and fully vaccinated with documentation (vaccine card and health insurance digital vax info).

Ed Howard Williams

lol.png

Articles to help you in your expat project in Vietnam

• The healthcare system in Vietnam
    The healthcare system in Vietnam

Moving to Vietnam is going to present you with an abundance of challenges, from the logistical aspect to customs ...

• Pregnancy in Vietnam
    Pregnancy in Vietnam

As an expat couple or an expat in a relationship with a Vietnamese person, the notion of having children has ...

• Health insurance in Vietnam
    Health insurance in Vietnam

If you're planning to travel to Vietnam or intend to stay in the country long term, then it would be wise to ...

• Accidents and emergencies in Vietnam
    Accidents and emergencies in Vietnam

If you're thinking about moving to Vietnam, may we be the first to congratulate you on this splendid decision! ...

• Dating In Vietnam
    Dating In Vietnam

If you're considering moving to Hanoi, or Ho Chi Minh City, the dating scene may be of interest to you. ...

• Making phone calls in Vietnam
    Making phone calls in Vietnam

The telecommunications sector in Vietnam has flourished throughout the past two decades. Like many foreigners, ...

• Moving to Vietnam with your pet
    Moving to Vietnam with your pet

If you are planning to move to Vietnam with a pet, there are a number of formalities that have to be completed ...

• Getting married in Vietnam
    Getting married in Vietnam

Have you met that perfect someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Luckily, getting married in ...

All of Vietnam's guide articles