Menu
Expat.com

Visit to Bahrain through the causeway

Last activity 09 April 2021 by Guest9875462

BAK

I need to visit Bahrain for a couple of days for some work through the causeway and return after that. I was wondering if that would be a problem and is visa on arrival provided to Saudi Residents as it used to be provided before Covid.

Some one I know went to Bahrain last week and came back the same day without an issue but that person also had a Bahraini Residency.

Looking forward to your input if you are aware of this process or some one you know has travelled recently.

dluxarun

I recently did a 14 day vacation in Bahrain round tripping thru causeway. No issues. Just follow the requirements.

knightruler

Brother,

Yes the process for entering and exiting Bahrain is same through the Causeway. The only difference is you need a PCR TEST both ways even if you are staying in Bahrain for 1 day. The most important in last 14 days you should not have a history of travelling to other countries.

BAK

Thanks a lot. That is a relief as I needed to travel next week. Did any one of you take a PCR test in KSA from a specific lab before going to Bahrain or used the drive though test arrangements provided by the Government.

dluxarun

Sehatty app result is acceptable to Bahraini immigration. I advice you immediately get tested once you get into Bahrain which will give you 72 hours to come back into Saudi.

XTang

As I mentioned in the private message, no issue to go to Bahrain if you have Bahrain residency or visa.   Otherwise, sometimes Saudi immigration create issues and don't allow you to exit.   I travel quite frequently and in one of out 3 trips, Saudi immigration asks me to show them my Bahrain CPR (Iqama) prior to allowing me to exit.   The Sehatty tests are fine and Bahrain accepts that.

Guest9875462

Any idea of current rules for going to Saudi from Bahrain? I know you need the Tawakklana app to get into any bank, office, store mall etc, but how many days are required for quarantine? I need to get some papers from Samba bank and am crossing the causeway on Saturday, with a PCR test from Bahrain on Friday. Someone told me I only need to quarantine in a hotel for two days, take another PCR via Sehatty in Dammam, and then the Saudi app will show a green shield (like my BeAware app in Bahrain) and I should be good to go in Saudi. Do you know if this is true, or even if I can use my vaccine cert from BeAware in Saudi?

XTang

Two days quarantine followed by a test. If negative and Tawakkalna status turns green, you can go out.   Sometimes there is an issue and it doesn't turn green.

You can't use your vaccination certificate from Beware at this point in time.  I have been trying to get MOH to upload it into Tawakkalna and they say it is possible if you have both Saudi Iqama and Bahrain CPR.   But I have been waiting since 1.5 months now for it to be done.

Guest9875462

Many thanks.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles