Menu
Expat.com

Paquera expat living

Last activity 20 April 2021 by Justagirl8870

Justagirl8870

Any expats in the Paquera area?  What do you think about the real estate there?  Expat life?  Thanks for your help!  Love Guanacaste but looking elsewhere.

JBuonopane12

I was looking at places in Paquera thinking about moving from Escazu after being here a 1 1/2 years here it just felt like I never left NYC with traffic and over populated. The beaches are gorgeous and definitely high accommodations in Paquera , found it to be expensive for land or housing but  love the ferry
I decided to head in to the mountains where it’s remote and quiet Puriscal La Palma

Paquera I heard is a big tourist spot that’s what turned me off with the Gunacaste area but both are beautiful places. I think it gets to busy

davidraycr

If your not stuck on 10 minutes to the beach  check out San Ramon. 1 hour to several beaches

Henrych

Place in Osa, where I am buying is quiet, no traffic but has all services. Gated development. Close to Corcovado park.

Justagirl8870

Thank you for the reply!  I spent a week there and saw NO tourists, beaches were empty, even stayed at Barcelo Tambor and rented a home in Bellevue Isla Tortuga and it was amazing!  I felt it was too good to be true.  Yes, San Jose is New York or MPLS lol.  Thank you for the insight!  I loved San Ramon too but I'm a beach girl to the end!

Justagirl8870

Are the roads paved?  What kind of restaurants are there?  What is the name of the development?  If I may ask, what kind of prices are the homes?  THANK YOU!!!!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Costa Rica

All of Costa Rica's guide articles