Hungary you tube channels

There are quite some you-tube channels on Hungary, often in German, some I hate, some neutral and some I love. If you speak German I would advise ungarn-tv, transmitting all week-days at 9.30

Also on youtube.

I have so far only noticed English speaking channels on U Tube and a few Hungarian ones only because my husband and I share the wifi and whatever is recommended to me or him is passed on down the line.
Only thing that slightly gets me and really not all that ften is he "hogs" the newer laptop that has the Netfix link on it.
I lately for the past year or so am interested in world events since C-19 .So going off into fantasy land with Netflix is a once a week luxury for me.
I have been watching a ton of various sites about the British and the French Royal families and their little misdeeds going back to the 1200's. Very entertaining to me. I love anything to do with real lives and real people. I find people more interesting then fictional charactors.
I admit I do tend to watch far too many anti-vax sites and conspiracy sites but everything is taken in with a grain of salt.
I'm looking forward to reading books again once my eyesight is sorted out.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I have so far only noticed English speaking channels on U Tube and a few Hungarian ones only because my husband and I share the wifi and whatever is recommended to me or him is passed on down the line.
Only thing that slightly gets me and really not all that ften is he "hogs" the newer laptop that has the Netfix link on it.
I lately for the past year or so am interested in world events since C-19 .So going off into fantasy land with Netflix is a once a week luxury for me.

Just go to netflix.com and put in your username and password on your other device.

You can have up to 5 profiles sharing the same account.  So just have His and Hers profiles.

Nothing to stop you both watching different things at the same time and to keep those preferences separate.

You could always connect your older laptop up to the TV using an HDMI cable (assuming both your TV and laptop has this option).  Then you can use the TV as an extra and larger screen.  Be easier on your eyes.

fluffy2560 wrote:
Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Just go to netflix.com and put in your username and password on your other device.

You can have up to 5 profiles sharing the same account.  So just have His and Hers profiles.

Nothing to stop you both watching different things at the same time and to keep those preferences separate.

You could always connect your older laptop up to the TV using an HDMI cable (assuming both your TV and laptop has this option).  Then you can use the TV as an extra and larger screen.  Be easier on your eyes.

Thanks fr the tips but like everything it's complicated.
I'm a guest user on my sisters account and she sahres with some of her friends.
Beggars can't be chosers.
Our tv set is a nice but old one. Not a smart tv so hooking the computer to it is not possible.
It's ok with us really, we enjoy different types of shows.
I don't like most shows he watches and he dislikes my shows.
Nature shows or a classic movie is about nuteral,we can watch those sorts of shows and agree on them.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:
Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Our tv set is a nice but old one. Not a smart tv so hooking the computer to it is not possible.
Nature shows or a classic movie is about nuteral,we can watch those sorts of shows and agree on them.

I would be careful, Netflix is cracking down on accounts that share 1 account. They have started to cancel accounts.

SimCityAT wrote:
Marilyn Tassy wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

I would be careful, Netflix is cracking down on accounts that share 1 account. They have started to cancel accounts.

Yes, heard something about that.I'll take my cue from my sister, it's her account.
No problem getting one here in HU but not sure the shows are the same, no matter laetly Netflix isn't as good as it used to be.

SimCityAT wrote:

I wonder if it's bluster.  We're using a UK based shared account and we've seen nothing at all saying we shouldn't do it.   The users of ourshared account are all over the place - UK, Hungary and NZ.  All works perfectly.

If they did start messing about, people will just walk away.  It's not like there aren't other choices. My bro in the UK cancelled all his TV subscriptions a while back.  Said he'd seen it all and they were too busy with other stuff.  I know the feeling.

The ones who should be worried are the traditional TV industry - we have cable TV here due to our location (we get the triple play: phone, TV and internet) and if we can get the same or better programmes on another service, we're going to cut them out on the TV package we receive.   

More important than any TV channel or even the phone is the Internet.

We have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ all with our Sky Q, we also have a VPN so watch what every country we like.

SimCityAT wrote:

I wonder if it's bluster.  We're using a UK based shared account and we've seen nothing at all saying we shouldn't do it.   The users of ourshared account are all over the place - UK, Hungary and NZ.  All works perfectly.

If they did start messing about, people will just walk away.  It's not like there aren't other choices. My bro in the UK cancelled all his TV subscriptions a while back.  Said he'd seen it all and they were too busy with other stuff.  I know the feeling.

The ones who should be worried are the traditional TV industry - we have cable TV here due to our location (we get the triple play: phone, TV and internet) and if we can get the same or better programmes on another service, we're going to cut them out on the TV package we receive.   

More important than any TV channel or even the phone is the Internet.

If anyone wants to laugh their heads of about Hungary then check out this chick from Nigeria who now lives in Budapest.
She is funny at times.
Her funniest video on U tube is titled something like, "I went to the worst makeup artist in Budapest."
Her channel is called, Lucy Benson.
She is a bit of a party girl and some vidoes are hard for me to understand with her accent but that time she went to a make up artist in Hungary will have everytone laughing their guts out.

Lately I seem to watch less and less TV and more Youtube. Last night it was mainly Shaun the Sheep! I've been watching a lot of stuff about expats eg. Brits in America or Americans in Britain. It can be a bit frustrating as they tend to ask viewers to share their experiences in the comments. This is OK on newly published videos but a lot of the more interesting ones are older so nobody is monitoring the comments.

fidobsa wrote:

Lately I seem to watch less and less TV and more Youtube. Last night it was mainly Shaun the Sheep! I've been watching a lot of stuff about expats eg. Brits in America or Americans in Britain. It can be a bit frustrating as they tend to ask viewers to share their experiences in the comments. This is OK on newly published videos but a lot of the more interesting ones are older so nobody is monitoring the comments.

I don't watch HU YouTube videos.  No-one expat would be watching them routinely.  We'd be watching output in our native languages.

BTW, we had a rip off DVD copy of the Shaun the Sheep movies given to us by someone.  The odd thing was that all the background signs in the movie were in Cyrillic.  Must have been the Russian or Bulgarian or summat version.