Moving to Italy just before the crisis

Hi everybody,

Taking the plunge and daring to move abroad is a real challenge, but when your move to Italy is marked by an unprecedented health, social and economic crisis, as we have been experiencing for just over a year, this change can be much more significant and demanding. If you moved to Italy shortly before or during the pandemic, we would like to know more about your experience.

When and under what circumstances did you move to Italy?

What impact did the restrictions have on your integration into the country?

Were you able to make new friends in your host country and get used to the new culture and environment?

Have you had the opportunity to discover the country or the region where you are staying despite that?

Do you feel "at home" in this new place?

Thanks for your contribution!

Diksha,
Expat.com team

I moved to Italy in 2016 for master degree program

Moved to Italy Feb 2020, just before the pandemic and lockdown. Moved to be with my boyfriend who is Italian.

The pandemic hassle an affect on a summer job I had (in a different city) overall it's made life a little bit more difficult to make friends because  bar's and sports facilities have been closed.
Looking forward to this summer and exploring some more!
I definetly do not regret my decision at all.

Hello sister 
I'm Omar el badaoui from MOROCCO I have bachelor diploma in business and trade and experience in agriculture and voluntary work .
Can you help me to find a job in Italy
Thank you.

I hope to meet you, I haven't moved to Italy, I'm trying to travel to it. The effect of restrictions on my integration into the state is my experiences and aspirations. Yes, I can make new friends in any city you have