Where to deposit US treasury cheque in PH

@BC57 which security bank branch was this?

If this cheque is a US Social Security check, & if you're living/retiring in the Philippines, you can have it direct deposited in a number of banks, including BDO, BPI, PNB, etc. You would just need to go to each bank to find out their rules, regulations, or restrictions on opng an account to handle that deposit.

My friend has treasury check but no bank account, can he endorse check over to me i have pnb dollar account

We appear to be responding to posts that are over a year old bit it is always a good topic.  I think you need to actually open a new dollar account to cash it here. I do not have an account here but why not cash it in your American bank? I have deposited checks into my US credit union from here. When selling my house there was a personal check written in my name for earnest money that I needed to deposit. I had my son take a picture of it in and sent to me. I printed it out here and endorsed it in back. Then I went to my credit union photo check deposit site, took a picture of my endorsed print out and uploaded that photo and it worked out fine. For a US Treasury check it should work the same. I think most US banks have check photo deposit capabilities now.

Several years ago I received a US Treasury Check (refund) made out to the wife & I.

BDO refused to accept this check, our personal check Yes, our treasury checks NO.

We have an account at Citibank USA, using their app a snapshot of the check it was deposited in our account.

If you use an app make sure its from the actual bank location, for us it Citibank USA. Using google it always pointed us to Citibank Philippines and that app wouldn't not work. At the time we didn't realized we were looking at Citibank Philippines.

Your friend should "NOT" endorse the check over to you. Because when it's rejected for deposit he will open up an endless can of worms.

Once the worm is out of the bottle it's over.

If you gonna get a US tax refund always best to give IRS your bank info, then a direct deposit will be made into your account.

mugteck said.   .   .  . If you gonna get a US tax refund always best to give IRS your bank info, then a direct deposit will be made into your account.

Yes that's true, the IRS form has a space for direct deposit info on tax returns.

There are exceptions, if your return has a different outcome after the original refund was direct deposited. 

They discovered an additional deduction or credit you did not take, so a subsequent paper check is issued instead of a second direct deposit.

In some cases your direct deposit info is wrong so they could not make a direct deposit and a paper check is issued.

@eddieclmax

Thanks for the info