Self Employed on Dependent Visa in the Netherlands

Hi I have I am in a situation and would love to know if this would work for me.

I am moving with my husband to the Netherlands on a dependent Visa in August.

I have a job offer i which I can work from anywhere, the company is based out of Switzerland and I am an Indian citizen.

Based on all this. Will I be legally authorised on a dependent Visa to work for a Swiss company as a contractor?

Will the 30% ruling apply for me since I will have a job before I land in the NL?

Can I start the day I arrive in Netherlands or are there any limitations on when I can start working legally in the NL?

Thank you in advance.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You can work in the Netherlands on a dependents visa.  Whether you can work for a Swiss Company as a contractor will depend on whether you can set yourself up as a one-man business.  I'd advise you to speak to the KvK and ask them what they think.  This link will take you to their website; there is a contact page link in the top right corner of their site.

With regards to tax, I am not a tax consultant, what I say about tax is based on what I've read and heard elsewhere.  You will not be entitled to the 30% tax ruling because you will not be working for a Dutch company.  My advice would be for you to contact a tax consultant and ask questions there.

As soon as you have your visa and have registered at the Town Hall where you live in the Netherlands, you will have a BSN and can start work.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic,

Thank you for the lead to KvK. I am sure that will help out a lot.

Best,
Khushboo

Hello Kushboo,

Can you provide an update on your situation. I'm in a similar situation and would appreciate if you can provide some guidance on what process you followed. Thanks!

Hello Kushboo,
Can you provide an update on your situation. I'm in a similar situation and would appreciate if you can provide some guidance on what process you followed. Thanks!

-@unitedreds13

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The original poster has not visited the Forum for the past 2 years, so I suspect you won't get an update any time soon.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team