Participation statement - Inburgering

Dear All,

I have just completed 1 year in the Netherlands. I was going through the Inburgering.nl website and I noticed "Participation statement" which we need to get within 1 yr of registering in the Municipality. I have not done this yet and neither did anyone tell me about this.
I was thinking to give the Inburgering test after my 4th year and so I did not read much about this teat yet.

Can someone tell me about the "Participation statement" or Participatieverklaring.

thank you
Vineeth

Well it is simple you must do the "inburgerings test" within 1 year! If not you have to leave The Netherlands they are very strict about it.

If you mean participatie verklaring, it is not really a test.  I've done last year together with other 9 people from different countries.

It was more on explainations/ discussions how things here in NL like to respect one another, etc. No exam/test.  It took about 3.5 hours.

We had our certificates to sign after. And yes you must attend. As i can remember they will give only 1 year for the said verklaring.

Krissah

Is this required for highly skilled migrants? I did check with some of my friends who are here for like 3-4 yrs and they havent heard about it and havent done this too.

I went to Rijswijk Gementee this evening to check with them but they too do not have clear information about it.

I'm not highly skilled migrant.  This might be the new rule that everyone should take participatie verklaring. My gemeente did not perform the lecture. They joined me to the other gemeente. They gathered the close by immigrants from other gemeente so they could make in by batch.

And all my classmates from a1 and a2 were doing it too. We just arrived last year.

Krissah

As I know it everyone who comes to live in The Netherlands has to go to a inburgering course. So it would be strange if they excluded one group of people.

that is not true for highly skilled migrant. Inburgering is not mandatory for Highly skilled work permit holders.

that is not true for highly skilled migrant. Inburgering is not mandatory for Highly skilled work permit holders.

Hi again.

I think you are talking about 2 different things.

Highly skilled migrants are exempt the language element of MVV (which is both a work and residence permit); they still go through inburgering, but it is normally applied for by their new employers and is normally expedited by IND ahead of the routine applicants; they get the same stamp in their passport as everybody else.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Its best to log in mijninburgering using your Digid and check the requred exams of you.

If its required I suggest you use an email when contacting the cityhall.

Good luck

Participation statement
.pdf:  3007 participatieverklaring

"Je ziet door de bomen het bos niet meer" !!

Come to Holland = Immigration
If you want to come as a foreigner to The Netherlands, you gennerally need a Visa.

Here in the Netherlands we do have bureaucracy: "van het kastje naar de muur" and even for me; born as a local dutch boy: difficult to understand.
And, also then; some weblinks are NOT in English  :dumbom: at the official dutch IND website!

Ok.
I shall try to make a simple tree:
See what you need to do when you wish to stay in The Netherlands:

TEV; the Toegang- en verblijfprocedure is 1 proces to check

- Short stay;
- Family;
- Study;
- Work;
- Permanent-residence;
- Marry a dutch and to integrate (inburgeren).

The Ministery of Justice and Security (IND) with 'Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (DUO) and the Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment did make exams for intergration.

The Dutch government has created a study package with the name Naar Nederland.
and contains free lesson materials for learning to speak, understand and read Dutch. You can also practice for the exam independently. You can order the lesson materials or download them free of charge from this site. The package is available in 34 languages.

In order to show that you are sufficiently integrated from abroad, you have to obtain the civic integration diploma.
This means that you can read, write, speak and understand Dutch.

Find information about integration as a condition for applying for a residence permit 'humanitarian non-temporary' and 'permanent stay'.
And information on integration as a condition for naturalisation.

No. I have been a highly skilled migrant for 4 years in Holland now. No obligation to integrate (inburgering) and therefore no participation statement. This is different of course if you want to acquire the Dutch citizenship/ PR.

The Dutch government is quite racist (or let's say financially realistic) that highly skilled migrants are likely to be net tax contributors, so the government is almost rolling out the red carpets for them (think 30% ruling, not that I have it before people jump at it). But for partners of Dutch citizens, the Dutch government wants to avoid unskilled or uneducated ones which may have a higher chance of accessing benefits, or potentially cause serious cultural conflicts, then they want to make sure that the people who come have to integrate and follow the Dutch way of living (your basis inburgering for MVV and then a full inburgering after moving here etc)

comeocome wrote:

....The Dutch government is quite racist ...

Interesting, which race are they discriminating against?  Perhaps you mean xenophobic?

They are quite upfront about it and this applies to all non-nationals - they tell you that if you become a "Burden on the state", you will be required to leave and go back to where you came from.

Cynic wrote:
comeocome wrote:

....The Dutch government is quite racist ...

Interesting, which race are they discriminating against?  Perhaps you mean xenophobic?

They are quite upfront about it and this applies to all non-nationals - they tell you that if you become a "Burden on the state", you will be required to leave and go back to where you came from.

Aren't more and more countries like that?

Hello,
Could you just tell me how to participate in that 3.5hour course? Should I contact the Gemeente?
Thanks

Yes, you can ask more info at your local city-hall.
Also you can contact the IND +31880430430

Or; ask here in expat forums; many do want to help you!