Menu
Expat.com

EP Processing Time April/May 2021

Last activity 09 March 2022 by beppi

Sikander123

Hi All,

My EP was applied on 29 April. Still waiting for the approval.

Could anyone share the timelines for approval during April-may 2021

Shekhz
Sikander123 wrote:

Hi All,

My EP was applied on 29 April. Still waiting for the approval.

Could anyone share the timelines for approval during April-may 2021

Hi @sikander123

EP processing timelines or average over the past few months is 5.2 weeks, per data from contributing members in this forum. One of the Experts here, Beppi, just posted some stats yesterday on a thread- you may want to go over the threads for the past 2 days and you shall uncover a lot of relevant information.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your approvals.

Sikander123

ok sure. Thanks for the info.

mushroomtoto

EP renewal

7 Apr - submitted application
10 May - the agency called MoM to follow up but they just said still pending
12 May - still pending on the EP status website

SingaporeLover88

New EP

Have applied for EP 2x before and 1 renewal, all approved in a matter of days

Applied 13 April
MOM asked for additional information about the company 10 May
EP online website says still pending 16 May

Going to be 5 weeks this Tuesday

I'm really praying that it gets approved very very soon - my STVP expires 19 May and working with old employer to renew (please send good vibes my way)  up.png

mushroomtoto

I’m in similar situation. Hope you are lucky and get the EP approval really soon!

Shekhz

Good luck to all EP aspirants, if all info requested is furnished, you will have MoM’s blessings too smile.png

Just to observe, average time as calculated by Beppi based on forum members is 5.2 weeks, and as listed by MoM is 8 weeks. However, renewals are relatively quicker.

kaushikpal12

Good luck with your application

Sikander123

Good luck to you. Will get approved soon 👍

EP12Mar

I think also important to mention Beppi’s observation that very few approvals observed between weeks 5 to 7. If not approved by week 5 then approval timeline appears to extend to 8 weeks and beyond.

Shekhz wrote:

Good luck to all EP aspirants, if all info requested is furnished, you will have MoM’s blessings too smile.png

Just to observe, average time as calculated by Beppi based on forum members is 5.2 weeks, and as listed by MoM is 8 weeks. However, renewals are relatively quicker.

aryanshi89

Don’t lose hope.Best of luck to get your EP approval soon👍🏻

SingaporeLover88

Thanks so much you guys - I really appreciated waking up to your messages!

sagacity

Hi, Just an update from my previous post.
Applied on 26 March and status is still pending without any other changes.

Employer seems to not worry and shared that the wait can be up to 3 months from 26 March. So I am still waiting patiently.

Shekhz
sagacity wrote:

Hi, Just an update from my previous post.
Applied on 26 March and status is still pending without any other changes.

Employer seems to not worry and shared that the wait can be up to 3 months from 26 March. So I am still waiting patiently.

Waiting for a response ain’t a great idea here given this has been pending for long. Please urge the employer to call and check, a nudge to MoM and the employer wouldn’t hurt here honestly.

GuestPoster1144

Mine applied on 15th April.
MOM hasn’t asked for anything additional so far and it’s still pending.
5th week running!

GuestPoster1144

Mine’s 9th week running. No additional documents or verification asked. Still pending even after multiple expedition requests from the employer.

PKD1404

My EP was applied on 6th May. On 10th the status changed from 'Pending' to 'We need input from other agencies to process this application.'

Hopefully it will get approved soon without hassle..

Paul Hype Page

Hi,

The total duration of the application procedure may vary. The Ministry of Manpower might require additional documents or verification of documents which may extend the timeline up to 3 months.

Due to COVID-19, the processing time for employment pass application is expected to experience delay.

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : No advertising on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
aryanshi89

Same here...7th week ongoing..no additional info requested but status still pending.

Sikander123

Is it first time EP or you already have an EP

aryanshi89

Hi Sikander,

This is my second Ep application.

Sikander123

Ok. Now ep processing time is relatively longer as per the other threads on this forum. I am also waiting. Hopefully we will get approval soon

GuestPoster1144

Finally my EP got approved yesterday. In total it took 58 days for the approval. Thank you everyone for the help and support.

Shekhz
Satdal wrote:

Finally my EP got approved yesterday. In total it took 58 days for the approval. Thank you everyone for the help and support.

Huge Congrats! @satdal - good luck with the job.

Poseypoo

I am also anxiously waiting for my EP approval. Applied 16 Apr, rejected and appealed end of Apr. Earlier this week, MOM asked for 3 more weeks to review. Wonder if it will actually take longer than that...

I know a lot of people are on the same boat and/or having a more difficult time, but the wait is quite demoralising 🥺

Sikander123

Congratulations 👏 @satdal

aryanshi89

Congratulations satdal....finally your wait is over

EP12Mar

Congrats satdal! 68 and waiting for me…

GuestPoster1144

Thanks and I hope your pass will also get approved soon. Staying ‘calm and hopful’ are the only two things we can do.

EPWithdraw

Dear all,

I was wondering if someone on this forum has a view on the following scenario.

I am existing EP holder. I got an offer from new company, which applied for my EP. As with some other cases here, no enquiry on education or role or salary from MoM but EP approval taking long time.

Now I have been promoted in my current company (on own merit - not as counter offer or anything). If I ask new company to withdraw EP application, will MoM see this negatively and could it affect my EP renewal with current company later in the year.

Shekhz
EPWithdraw wrote:

Dear all,

I was wondering if someone on this forum has a view on the following scenario.

I am existing EP holder. I got an offer from new company, which applied for my EP. As with some other cases here, no enquiry on education or role or salary from MoM but EP approval taking long time.

Now I have been promoted in my current company (on own merit - not as counter offer or anything). If I ask new company to withdraw EP application, will MoM see this negatively and could it affect my EP renewal with current company later in the year.

If you stick to your current employer, don’t switch jobs often, it’s a good sign cuz switching jobs often is not taken well.

If you have made up your mind to stay back, not take the new job, just ensure you clear it with the new employer, void the offer (offers have legal binding terms). The current application can be withdrawn by the new employer and it won’t/ shouldn’t impact your upcoming renewals.

Hope this helps, congrats on the promotion- do well.

sagacity

Hi EPWithdraw,

I had the same experience with you. My application on the 26 March 2021 by the new employer and till now it is still  pending with no question raised on anything about education, salary, etc. Only status "pending". I am also currently EP holder and been in SG for almost 10 years. As suggested, I am checking with my new employer to give a nudge to MOM and they did but there is nothing much can be done. They just shared that wait can be up to 3 months.

Meantime, my current employer promoted me with increase salary too (I felt grateful at this difficult time, and it is not a counter offer as I have not resigned from my current position) but I am determined to leave therefore I will be devastated if my new EP is not approved.

To your question, I do not think it will leave any bad reputation for withdrawing the new application if you decide to stay. It should be a common case whereby the employee decided to stay in current company due to many reasons (promotion, counter offer, things change over time, etc)

PKD1404

Just to give you all an update. My EP has been approved today. No questions raised by MoM during the process.

Good luck for those who are still waiting!

PKD1404

Just to give you all an update. My EP has been approved today. No questions raised by MoM during the process.

Shekhz
PKD1404 wrote:

@PKD1404- Congratulations! In order, great news. May I request you to outline a few things so that fellow form members can breathe, there is a lot of tension of late,

Industry, Nature of your job, Years in SG, How long did it take for your application to get approved? Thanks much.

PKD1404
Shekhz wrote:
PKD1404 wrote:

@PKD1404- Congratulations! In order, great news. May I request you to outline a few things so that fellow form members can breathe, there is a lot of tension of late,

Industry, Nature of your job, Years in SG, How long did it take for your application to get approved? Thanks much.

Hi Shekhz. sure!

Industry: MNC Bank / Financial Services
Role: In-house Counsel
Current residency: Indonesia, but I held EP previously in 2019-2020 for a short assignment (less than a year period).
Application date: 6th May
Approval process: 2 weeks (14 Working Days).
Progress status:
6th May: Pending
10th May: We need inputs from other agencies to process this application.
26th May: Approved.

Shekhz
PKD1404 wrote:
Shekhz wrote:
PKD1404 wrote:

Hi Shekhz. sure!

Industry: MNC Bank / Financial Services
Role: In-house Counsel
Current residency: Indonesia, but I held EP previously in 2019-2020 for a short assignment (less than a year period).
Application date: 6th May
Approval process: 2 weeks (14 Working Days).
Progress status:
6th May: Pending
10th May: We need inputs from other agencies to process this application.
26th May: Approved.

Thanks a lot, this is great info for the forum.

SingaporeLover88

Hey guys - where can I find the rate of approvals per week that one of our amazing forum members consolidated and posted? Can someone maybe repost it again on this thread? Or let me know where to find it?

beppi
SingaporeLover88 wrote:

Hey guys - where can I find the rate of approvals per week that one of our amazing forum members consolidated and posted? Can someone maybe repost it again on this thread? Or let me know where to find it?

There are no such statistics. No forum member has access to that information - and MoM does not publish it. To know it would also help nobody.

misxwii

Hi guys,

Has anyone experienced the below scenario before?

Pending > Need more info from agencies ... > back to Pending again?

My EP application was applied on the 3rd of May and it is still pending sad.png MOM has not contacted the employer by far.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

All of Singapore's guide articles