New member looking for friends in Beijing

Hello everybody,

being a new member, I hope to make a lot of friends through this site.

I'm a 27 year old girl from Germany. For the last 5 years I already lived abroad (France, England and Switzerland), but now decided to discover what life outside Europe is like and therefore moved to China.

Looking forward to meet with you in Beijing :)

Connel

Hello Connel & welcome to Expat.com!

Your discussion has been moved to the Beijing forum for better visibility.

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts.

Harmonie.:)

Hello Connel,

Welcome to Beijing and hope you'll enjoy your stay,

Beijing is a nice and safe city, people are nice and friendly, and of course like any other big cities, it has its advantages and disadvantages........

One of the most important thing is the safety, you will feel very safe and secure on the streets of Beijing......

Enjoy the city
Cheers
Dikran

Hello Harmonie, hello Dikran,

nice to meet you and thx for the warm welcome :)

I'm sure I will enjoy this fantastic city and hopefully meet many new interesting people.

Have a lovely day!

Connel

Hello Connel and welcome to Beijing!

Being a newbie to Beijing as well I can tell you its a culture change, but with the right attitude its an amazing place. I am sure you will enjoy your time here.  How long will you be in Beijing and/or China?

If your looking for a city-travel friend, I'd be happy to pound the sidewalks with you.  Also, I hear there is a walk about group on this website, who meet up on the weekends. So, keep an eye out for that.

Safe travels and best of luck!

@ JeanMichelle did you mean this https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=89762 

If yes, it is not every weekend but once a month. Next trip this Saturday 23 July. Advance registrations is essential.

Hi Connel,

I too have recently moved to BJ, I have been in China overall for 2 years & was previously based in Shanghai. I'm currently in the Uk at the moment, but will be returning to BJ at the end of Aug, so if you would like to chat message me back :D

Best Wishes,
Rachel :)

Hi connel
I'm a collega student from beijing.welcome to beijing ,I hope to join in your life in beijing .
maybe we can have  a friendship
MSN : indigosunlove@hotmail.com
ALSO it's may email adress

Hi Connel,

I also just arrive in Beijing and am German as well. I am 30 years old and lived in Munich the last 4 years.
If you would like to do some sightseeing in Beijing or just have a drink ... let me know.
Looking forward to hear from you.

michi

Hello All,

My husband and i moved to Beijing 4 days ago. We arrived from Germany.... we would love to join your meet ups if thats ok?
Let me know when, where and time :)

Looking forward to it :)

Hello MikeMuc and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts here.

Harmonie.:)

AnewWorld-DD,  next expat-blog daytrip is planned for Sat 27 August. details still to be confirmed but will probably be leisurely day drifting down a river in a small boat.

Networking events planned for Tues 9 August, Tues 16 August, Tues 23 August. These are not expat-blog exclusive events but expat-blog members are welcome.

At which location is the event on 9. August and at what time is it taking place?
cheers

Hay Manlin,
Will keep a look out for the 27th August post.

As for the weekly Tuesday meet ups, where and at what time?
I would like to join in, hear stories about life here in Beijing and have a drink with you all.

Tues  9 August 7:30pm Flames Bar, Hilton Wangfujing.
Career Development-Heahdunter Social Networking Evening.

Tues 16 August 7:30pm Loong Bar, JW Marriott.
FAME - Fashion, Arts, Media, Entertainemtn and Creative Industries Social Networking Evening.

Tues 23 August 7:30pm Club Wing, St. Regis.
BEEF & I - Business, Executives, Entrepreneurs, Finance and Investors Social Networking Evening.

These are not expat-blog exclusive events.

Hi Connel,

I'm new to here as well.  Would love to meet some new friends here to hang out together.  Let's try to meet up and have a drink together ^^  I will be out for Tibet for a week in the early of October.  Anytime before and after that will be good to me.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon :D

Koala

Welcome to bj...

Hi Dear
wanna friendship., 155101547942, its my phone number in beijing
contect me for more information

sorry it is 15510547942

Hi Tina_L,

Can you please write in English in this English speaking forum so that members can understand?

Thank you.
Christine

Welcome to Beijing!

If you are ever in Dongcheng district, pass by Culture Yard (beixinqiao station, line 5) one of our team members will happily sit down with you and give you tips on the city or even just have a coffee in our courtyard!

Hope you are settling in well.

Culture Yard Team

Culture Yard - a foreign-run language school and cultural centre in the heart of Beijing.

Hi,

I am new to Beijing too. I arrived yesterday and am based in the Chaoyang district. I have been a little intimidated to explore the city alone, so would love to meet you so we could maybe sightsee together?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Catherine