Menu
Expat.com

Salary in Geneva (vs Paris)

Last activity 30 June 2021 by hannah pauline

hannah pauline

Hi,

I have the choice between two job offers, one in Paris one in Geneva, and I'm so split between the two options I think I might use the difference in salary to decide smile.png

In Paris I'll get 45K EUR   5K investment.

In Geneva I'll get 85 CHF.

Would someone know whether the two salaries are roughly equivalent? Will I have the same purchasing power in Geneva as in paris?

Thanks so much for the help !

Kind regards,

Hannah

Articles to help you in your expat project in Geneva

• Accommodation in Geneva
    Accommodation in Geneva

If you're considering moving to Geneva, finding accommodation will likely be a significant concern. How can ...

• Working in Geneva
    Working in Geneva

The job market in Geneva is diverse, encompassing fields such as finance, pharmaceuticals, and the service ...

• Buying property in Geneva
    Buying property in Geneva

While Switzerland is known for its high real estate prices, it can still be a worthwhile investment, depending on ...

• Universities in Geneva
    Universities in Geneva

Geneva's academic institutions benefit from the city's numerous international organizations and ...

• Developing your social circle in Geneva
    Developing your social circle in Geneva

Having recently arrived in Geneva, you might initially feel a bit isolated. Although the city is relatively quiet ...

• The work culture in Geneva
    The work culture in Geneva

Although Geneva is close to France and very international, it has a distinct professional culture. Understanding ...

• The labor market in Geneva
    The labor market in Geneva

According to various economic studies reported by Swissinfo, Switzerland is expected to face a labor shortage of ...

• Choosing your neighborhood in Geneva
    Choosing your neighborhood in Geneva

Geneva is a multicultural city, with nearly 50% of its workforce coming from abroad, especially in its many ...

All of Geneva's guide articles