Menu
Expat.com

Transfer of Employment without NOC

Last activity 10 July 2021 by Cheryllau

Mayank Bhardwaj

Dear Forum members,

There is a situation and i am looking for an advise.

My current EP expired on 12th May'21. and due to the MCO my current employer only managed to get my stage 1 approval and the endorsement is still pending. Now, i have decided to move on as i have got another better opportunity within Malaysia. My current employer has denied to give me the NOC.

In this pandemic situation it is a life risk to me and my family. The advice that i am looking for is,
Can my new employer process my visa without the NOC from my current employer
or
what can be the alternate solution as i dont want to travel in such situation.

Can ESD or Immigration or MDEC help me in such situation that i should not be exiting the country and can switch to the new employer.

gaurav.a.sriva

This is the sad truth about this country. This stupid rule makes expats helpless. There is no other way if there is no NOC, other than leaving the country. You cant return if u leave the country.

Only option is to pressurize the employer somehow.

All the best!

Cheryllau

Unfortunately the EP application can’t progress without NOC. In this scenario, the only way is to exit the country and thereafter you can still return with MyEntry Permission to Enter Malaysia.

However, if you are returning to some countries as listed here (https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/latest-ne … procedures for-country-srilanka-bangladesh-pakistan-nepal-during-mco/), it is not possible to get MyEntry unless the ban is lifted .

If you need help with MyEntry assistance, I am providing such service as well as all immigration advisory for procedures/documents to enter Malaysia smoothly

Articles to help you in your expat project in Malaysia

• Visas for Malaysia
    Visas for Malaysia

Before traveling to Malaysia, it is advisable to check with the nearest Malaysian Embassy or Consulate regarding ...

• Work permit in Malaysia
    Work permit in Malaysia

Malaysia is a growing financial, technological and commercial hub in Southeast Asia. Kuala Lumpur, its historic ...

• Business license in Malaysia
    Business license in Malaysia

Malaysia is a country full of opportunities. It is an essential economic platform in Southeast Asia. Therefore, ...

• About Malaysia
    About Malaysia

Getting into Malaysia is ain't that easy, But if you prepare yourself carefully, you might be able to ...

• Driving in Malaysia
    Driving in Malaysia

You are moving to Malaysia and want to drive for work or travel there? Follow our guide!

• Kuala Lumpur's neighbourhoods
    Kuala Lumpur's neighbourhoods

Kuala Lumpur is a real megalopolis, surrounded by suburbs and neighborhoods so different from each other that they ...

• Internships in Malaysia
    Internships in Malaysia

Are you a student or recent graduate who wishes to develop your expertise while experiencing a work environment ...

• Buying property in Kuala Lumpur
    Buying property in Kuala Lumpur

When you plan to move to another country or another city, your first concern is undoubtedly where you are going to ...

All of Malaysia's guide articles