Self Sponsorship for Expat retired from MOI

Hi,

I am asking this question on behalf of my father. He recently retired from the Ministry of Interior where he worked as a cop for the last 30 years, now we would like to start a business (Fashion designer activity) in Bahrain for self sponsorship purposes, the agent we are trying to get this done through has told us that one of the requirements for issuing the CR is to get a NOC from the previous employer, but it seems that the ministry doesn't provide such NOC, so is there any workaround in this situation, any advice or comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

The problem is the CPR.   In the CPR employer or sponsor shows as MOI.  If that is the case, then NOC is must.

Unless they cancel his visa and he leaves and applies from abroad.

You can just advise the sponsor to cancel his employment visa. After his visa is cancelled, he can apply for a company straight away. There is no need to exit the country or noc after the visa is cancelled.

Please Find below the statement from the Ministry of Industry & Commerce.

If the principal owner(s) is/are an employee(s) in the private sector, an official consent from the respective employer(s) to apply for a commercial registration should be obtained, and that the Ministry of Industry and Commerce, and Tourism may request a copy of a “No objection Letter”.

So, once his employment visa is cancelled there is no need for the NOC Letter.

My suggestion is to start the PRE CR process before cancellation. The security clearance will be cleared automatically as the Visa is Valid. Then MOIC will ask for NOC or Cancellation of Visa, Then provide cancellation papers. So you don't have to apply for security clearance again and you can complete the business formation formalities.