Passport held by company

I've been working in Oman for last six months and my company has the trend of not letting people go on annual vacations or emergency leave, no matter how much severe is the emergency. They won't let you give your passport. Now if I want to put a complain against them in ROP it would make things bad, if I want to put a complain for lost passport in ROP would I have to take my Arabab to ROP station along with me ? And what if I apply for emergency travel document to go back to my country ( Pakistan) without even letting know my Arabab, what would be the procedure? Please guide me. Thanks and regards.

1. How many years you are working in the company?
2. After completion of 6 months working, if you need annual leave it's not accepted by the company.
3. You can apply for Emergency leave, depending on the subject.
4.  If you have any other issues pls contact your embassy.

As per my contract I am eligible for annual leave so why not after completing 6 months I am not eligible ?

Read your contract carefully. As for me I'm only allowed to take leave after 2 yrs of completion and after I complete that and if I will renew the contract I'm allowed to take leave yearly. This is what the contract said. That is why before signing it you should consider it first and discuss all things to the employer. Now if it's emergency they allow  only 15 days leave but they will not pay the ticket and they will not give you salary too. They cannot hold your passport. If they did not give then you can complain to your embassy and in the ministry of labor. Employers take their employees passport coz some people just leave suddenly without the employers knowledge about it. The employer lose money coz they paid for visa and work permit. Most people run away so they just want to make sure. But still it's illegal.

Hello,

As per your contract you are eligible for Annual leave, means that you will get leave after completion of one year, not 6 months. So you have to wait for 06 more months to even claim.

Now as you said your company has bad reputation for giving leave , that can be complained both in Pakistan embassy, as well as Labour court. but only after you have prove for any such happening. Emergency leave is allowed by Law so is annual leave if in contract.

But my advice is to wait & see for next 06 month, till situation gets clear, specially when due to corona , there all so many requirements & travel restrictions.