Menu
Expat.com

Dependent Visas

Last activity 15 August 2021 by XTang

GuestPoster052

I need a advice "If the dependant visa is in grace period will there be any difficulties for travelling".

Saleemzb

There is issue to travel within valid grace period but dependent once out cannot come back to Bahrain on the same status

Saleemzb

There is no issue*

XTang

Going out, no issue.  Coming back, problem.

veershoor

What if it was under ministry and they issued cancellation and exit .( The passport was with them for a long period to issue visa but they told couldn't issue it because of the recent change in a law)

atherhasan

Hello,
I have the same situation. My daughter born in Bahrain 4 months ago. We traveled to our home country in July as her grace period visa. Now she cannot come back as bahrain has stopped processing visas of red list countries and don't know when they will remove our country from red list.
Is there any way she gets the visa to come back. My whole family has valid residency except the newborn 😔

XTang
veershoor wrote:

What if it was under ministry and they issued cancellation and exit .( The passport was with them for a long period to issue visa but they told couldn't issue it because of the recent change in a law)

The reason doesn't matter.  The fact is that the visa won't be valid.

XTang
atherhasan wrote:

Hello,
I have the same situation. My daughter born in Bahrain 4 months ago. We traveled to our home country in July as her grace period visa. Now she cannot come back as bahrain has stopped processing visas of red list countries and don't know when they will remove our country from red list.
Is there any way she gets the visa to come back. My whole family has valid residency except the newborn 😔

If you read the forum posts, I have repeatedly asked people NOT to travel in their grace period and get the visas renewed to avoid exactly the situation that you are in.   Right now you can do nothing except wait or find some high level connections.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bahrain

• Visas for Bahrain
    Visas for Bahrain

Almost all travellers to Bahrain require a visa, with the exception of passport holders from the GCC (Gulf ...

• Getting married in Bahrain
    Getting married in Bahrain

Bahrain allows anyone who resides in the country to get married, irrespective of nationality or religion. The ...

• Driving in Bahrain
    Driving in Bahrain

Expats love the freedom and convenience of driving, and many choose to purchase or rent their own car. But, ...

• Opening a bank account in Bahrain
    Opening a bank account in Bahrain

Opening a local bank account is essential for receiving your salary. The Wage Protection System (WPS) is designed ...

• Relocating with your pets to Bahrain
    Relocating with your pets to Bahrain

One of the decisions to make when relocating to a foreign country is what to do about pets. For many expats, there ...

• Starting a business in Bahrain
    Starting a business in Bahrain

According to the World Bank Group report for 2019, Bahrain lies 3rd out of 20 nations, for ease of doing business ...

• Studying in Bahrain
    Studying in Bahrain

The universities and colleges in Bahrain are too numerous to mention. The majority are Bahrain institutions, but ...

• Healthcare in Bahrain
    Healthcare in Bahrain

Bahrain has world-class medical facilities, health professionals, and easy access to medical treatments. Public ...

All of Bahrain's guide articles