Menu
Expat.com

PeduliLindungi, what it is and how to register

Last activity 06 October 2021 by Diksha

GuestPoster171
Bali Frog wrote:

"I dont know what really happened in Israel, nobody can tell it due the lack of informations given by the local government."

Wrong, plenty SERIOUS info available on scientific websites and Israel newspapers.

Don't ask me links, Google is your friend.

Well, at the end I decided to do a fast research about whats happpen in Israel and I found out this official study reprted by Nature, and it evidence that u are wrong,
The article reports all the sources they used.
"Older Israelis who have received a third dose of a COVID-19 vaccine are much less likely to test positive for SARS-CoV-2 or to develop severe COVID-19 than are those who have had only two jabs, according to a highly anticipated study published on 15 September1."
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02516-4

Fred
Marcello Manganese wrote:

Basically, to do almost all activities, now its required to be registered to the Pedulli Lindungi App.

Doesnt matter, the law Is clear, does not take personal opinions into account, "to do almost all the activities its now required to ne registered to the Pedulilbungi app" to is the right summary.

[
U could have problems to acdess in some places as mall, cimena etc, but many of them will lat you in just showing your vaccine certificate.

To be registered with the Pedulli Lindungi DATABASE is very helpful as well as a good idea, but there is little need for the app for many people.
It might well be a good idea to use the app but I have yet to see anyone refused entry to anywhere because they didn't have it. Of course, that only covers my bit of Java so I can't speak for Bali, Jakarta, or wherever.

Now you've finally admitted you were wrong and have finally posted accurate information, perhaps you could remove the insults you aimed at me an offer an apology.

riporap

Hii Marcello,
..thx for the answer and Clearing this doubt.
Looking forward to start this journey!
Best regards
Ripo

scouser59

In parts of south bali ,Pedulli Lindungi is needed ,as I said previously ,and of course if you want to travel between islands , we have to be careful to speak the truth on public forums .

There has been enough BS spoken in the USA ,lets keep it honest here .

GuestPoster171
Fred wrote:

Basically, to do almost all activities, now its required to be registered to the Pedulli Lindungi App.

Doesnt matter, the law Is clear, does not take personal opinions into account, "to do almost all the activities its now required to ne registered to the Pedulilbungi app" to is the right summary.

[
U could have problems to acdess in some places as mall, cimena etc, but many of them will lat you in just showing your vaccine certificate.

To be registered with the Pedulli Lindungi DATABASE is very helpful as well as a good idea, but there is little need for the app for many people.
It might well be a good idea to use the app but I have yet to see anyone refused entry to anywhere because they didn't have it. Of course, that only covers my bit of Java so I can't speak for Bali, Jakarta, or wherever.

Now you've finally admitted you were wrong and have finally posted accurate information, perhaps you could remove the insults you aimed at me an offer an apology.

I finally admit I was wrong?
Are u serious?
I said that from the begininng, u simply ignored it because ur intention was only troll me, but every long yerm member know u, and the newbies are learning who u are.
Anyway, life is not only visit a mall, as Source59 said, we are here to share correct informations, not what happens in a bit part of Jawa, and to do almost all the activities, including travelling, must be registered to Pedulilbungi, the fact that few Mall use common sense and let in people that cannot register on the app, doesnt mean that its not required for many other activities all over Indonesia.

GuestPoster171

Fred
scouser59 wrote:

In parts of south bali ,Pedulli Lindungi is needed ,as I said previously ,and of course if you want to travel between islands , we have to be careful to speak the truth on public forums .

So let's get to the truth:

This is absolutely accurate in my area of Java but may vary in other places.

The app is available to anyone with a NIK and a half reasonable phone.

The app was NOT required by any venue I visited but proof of vaccination was - Almost everywhere bigger than an Alfamart had a QR code to scan but none enforced it. The rather nicely stocked Superindo I visit every second or third day has a QR but I have yet to see anyone scan it.  Same goes for the other supermarket/mini shopping centre I normally use. I have seen a fair few scanning the code in malls but they were easily outnumbered by people using the card.
I'm in an excellent branch of J.co enjoying a lovely coffee at the moment - Plastic card used as proof.

Proofs accepted were the government issued card, the vaccine schedule card, or printed certificates (Including photocopies).

As my printed certificates were issued on completion of vaccination, I did not need to be registered with the covid database to enter any of the venues I used. I am on the database but none bothered checking.

To take an inter-city train you do not need the app but you must be registered on the database.

My advice:

Log on the database - Nothing hurting and lots of advantages - After all, if you've been vaccinated, you're on it anyway.

Print your vaccine certificates and keep them handy. I leave a set in my car and have a set I pop into my laptop bag when I go out of town. Never needed them, but what's 3 sheets of paper costing me?

If possible, get the credit card size, government issued card - I carry that everywhere

Have the app available - I use an old phone as I found it was a bit messy on my main two units. Not that I ever turn it on but I keep it in my laptop bag in case I actually need it.  However, the PL site is bookmarked in my Google bookmarks so I can access everything quickly on the off chance I need it.
I should probably leave the scrappy old phone on but I can't be bothered. I've been toying with the idea of installing a dashcam app on it - It will get left turned on if I do.

I have yet to travel by air so I can't comment on that mode of transport's requirements.

The upshot is; most of the time the app is not needed in real life but there might well be places that insist on it so having it doesn't hurt.

Does that grab you as accurate and truthful?  I know it's a lot closer than some poorly understood googled crap about needing the app for pretty much everything. I can't speak for Bali, but that's simply not true here.

GuestPoster171
Fred wrote:
scouser59 wrote:

So let's get to the truth:

This is absolutely accurate in my area of Java but may vary in other places.

The app is available to anyone with a NIK and a half reasonable phone.

The app was NOT required by any venue I visited but proof of vaccination was - Almost everywhere bigger than an Alfamart had a QR code to scan but none enforced it. The rather nicely stocked Superindo I visit every second or third day has a QR but I have yet to see anyone scan it.  Same goes for the other supermarket/mini shopping centre I normally use. I have seen a fair few scanning the code in malls but they were easily outnumbered by people using the card.
I'm in an excellent branch of J.co enjoying a lovely coffee at the moment - Plastic card used as proof.

Proofs accepted were the government issued card, the vaccine schedule card, or printed certificates (Including photocopies).

As my printed certificates were issued on completion of vaccination, I did not need to be registered with the covid database to enter any of the venues I used. I am on the database but none bothered checking.

To take an inter-city train you do not need the app but you must be registered on the database.

My advice:

Log on the database - Nothing hurting and lots of advantages - After all, if you've been vaccinated, you're on it anyway.

Print your vaccine certificates and keep them handy. I leave a set in my car and have a set I pop into my laptop bag when I go out of town. Never needed them, but what's 3 sheets of paper costing me?

If possible, get the credit card size, government issued card - I carry that everywhere

Have the app available - I use an old phone as I found it was a bit messy on my main two units. Not that I ever turn it on but I keep it in my laptop bag in case I actually need it.  However, the PL site is bookmarked in my Google bookmarks so I can access everything quickly on the off chance I need it.
I should probably leave the scrappy old phone on but I can't be bothered. I've been toying with the idea of installing a dashcam app on it - It will get left turned on if I do.

I have yet to travel by air so I can't comment on that mode of transport's requirements.

The upshot is; most of the time the app is not needed in real life but there might well be places that insist on it so having it doesn't hurt.

Does that grab you as accurate and truthful?  I know it's a lot closer than some poorly understood googled crap about needing the app for pretty much everything. I can't speak for Bali, but that's simply not true here.

If its true in a small Town in Jawa, doesnt mean it no needed in Real Life as u state, its equired by law and enforced all over Indonesia, so ur novel Is unuseless and misonfotmating.
Thats it.

PFJJAMES

HI Guys
on the thread of Pedulli Lindungi I am presently working Jakarta and my office is near Citos Cilandak I have the app but no Nik so its a waste of timec
To get in to Citos Mall you have to have Pedulli Lindungi or proof you have had the vaccination  of a photo copy or screen shot
I live in Manado and Pedulli Lindungi app is not fully up and running not sure what other areas of Indonesia are enforcing this ?

Fred
Fred wrote:

If its true in a small Town in Jawa, doesnt mean it no needed in Real Life as u state, its equired by law and enforced all over Indonesia, so ur novel Is unuseless and misonfotmating.
Thats it.

So it's true when you say it, but misinformation when I say it.

This is supposed to be to inform others, not to push a point of view you're totally able to back up and admit is wrong in your own posts. As for the small town, it isn't a small town and you have no clue where in Java. Again, you made that up in in what appears to be a forlorn hope of pushing something you self contradict.

I very strongly advise posters ignore the googled stuff in favour of what actually happens in real life.
One is based on experience, the other copied and pasted in the same fashion as a parrot telling the world how pretty Polly is.
Ho hum, at least you remembered to make a lot of spelling and grammar errors this time. You really should look at your own posting history and edit the ones where your English suddenly improves.

Perhaps, in the spirit of being helpful I could assist a little. I'll type slowly so weaker minded people have a chance of understanding.

The Database is run by the government
You're on the database automatically if you have a NIK and vaccinations. You're also on  if you have a NIK but no vaccinations. The national train operator and probably other transport have access to the database if they require a KTP or other ID to travel - That means they don't insist on the app.

The site is the public's access to the database.
You can log onto the PL site to access your/your family's information and download certificates

The App is something you install on your phone or whatever.
Having the app is generally a good idea but I have yet to use it because I was asked to. It was unstable on two of my phones - No idea why but it works perfectly on my crappy old Samsung cheapie thing.

The app is hardly enforced to the point I have never seen anyone who can otherwise prove they are vaccinated refused entry. However, I did read some police stations are now insisting on it. We'll have to see if the reports match reality.

Tha applies everywhere I've visited in a my bit of Java over a distance of about 2 hours from home, but perhaps the situation is different in Bali, jakarta, and La La land

Fred
PFJJAMES wrote:

To get in to Citos Mall you have to have Pedulli Lindungi or proof you have had the vaccination  of a photo copy or screen shot

Is that pretty much the same in every mall or just the one you mentioned?

Fred

the fact that few Mall use common sense and let in people that cannot register on the app, doesnt mean that its not required for many other activities all over Indonesia.

Like the Cinemas? I mentioned how fantastic the new Bond film is, but watched it without shaking my pocket for a phone, and being careful not to stir up the app.

McD also accept the card, as does every other restaurant I've been to that has a PL QR code.
I can't speak for bars as I don't drink alcohol. However, I suspect some do - perhaps a little too much.

Perhaps this would also be a good time to remind readers most hallucinogenic drugs are illegal in Indonesia.

GuestPoster171
Fred wrote:
Fred wrote:

Thats it.

So it's true when you say it, but misinformation when I say it.

This is supposed to be to inform others, not to push a point of view you're totally able to back up and admit is wrong in your own posts. As for the small town, it isn't a small town and you have no clue where in Java. Again, you made that up in in what appears to be a forlorn hope of pushing something you self contradict.

I very strongly advise posters ignore the googled stuff in favour of what actually happens in real life.
One is based on experience, the other copied and pasted in the same fashion as a parrot telling the world how pretty Polly is.
Ho hum, at least you remembered to make a lot of spelling and grammar errors this time. You really should look at your own posting history and edit the ones where your English suddenly improves.

Perhaps, in the spirit of being helpful I could assist a little. I'll type slowly so weaker minded people have a chance of understanding.

The Database is run by the government
You're on the database automatically if you have a NIK and vaccinations. You're also on  if you have a NIK but no vaccinations. The national train operator and probably other transport have access to the database if they require a KTP or other ID to travel - That means they don't insist on the app.

The site is the public's access to the database.
You can log onto the PL site to access your/your family's information and download certificates

The App is something you install on your phone or whatever.
Having the app is generally a good idea but I have yet to use it because I was asked to. It was unstable on two of my phones - No idea why but it works perfectly on my crappy old Samsung cheapie thing.

The app is hardly enforced to the point I have never seen anyone who can otherwise prove they are vaccinated refused entry. However, I did read some police stations are now insisting on it. We'll have to see if the reports match reality.

Tha applies everywhere I've visited in a my bit of Java over a distance of about 2 hours from home, but perhaps the situation is different in Bali, jakarta, and La La land

Another novel to ssy nothing but misinformation.
U can blah blah how much u want, the point Is Always thet ur so-called "personal experience (if true), is limited to only a city, doesnt matter if small, medium or whatever and its absolutely not what happens in real life in Indonesia.
Mine Is not an opinion, Is what Is required by law, no more no less.
U are also completely wrong stating that we are automaticly registered to the data data base, u are registered when u got the vaccine by the hospital or the Puskeemas who perform the jab or u can register by urself of u are entering Indonesia from abroad.
So, the readets of this post can decide if follow someone who pretend that whats happens in a city of Jawa, without an official source to conform his statement, is whats happens in all Indonesia, or to follow the law as I suggest.

GuestPoster171
PFJJAMES wrote:

HI Guys
on the thread of Pedulli Lindungi I am presently working Jakarta and my office is near Citos Cilandak I have the app but no Nik so its a waste of timec
I live in Manado and Pedulli Lindungi app is not fully up and running not sure what other areas of Indonesia are enforcing this ?

For sure in Bali, to access many activites in Solo, and Bekasi, in all the airports and train station for long distance trip.
https://m-liputan6-com.cdn.ampproject.o … lilindungi

Fred

For sure in Bali, to access many activites in Solo, and Bekasi, in all the airports and train station for long distance trip.

I have no clue about the airports but you DO NOT need the app for long distance trains as long as you have a NIK as their system is linked to the PL database. They know your vaccination and test status as soon as you book your ticket.
My children's new nanny just travelled from Jakarta without using the app. She has it but was not asked to use it as they already knew her status.

If you do not have a NIK, contact KIA or your intended airline before your intended travel date.

Fred

U are also completely wrong stating that we are automaticly registered to the data data base, u are registered when u got the vaccine by the hospital or the Puskeemas who perform the jab or u can register by urself of u are entering Indonesia from abroad.

Totally wrong

The government have placed everyone with a NIK on the database and inputted their vaccination status. Obviously a lot of people need to be able to add information to update vaccination and test status , but everyone with a NIK was added automatically - Doesn't matter if someone logs on to the site, downloads the app, or does nothing, they're still on the database.

Foreigners without a NIK can apply to be registered using this government site, but they can't register themselves.

https://vaksinln.dto.kemkes.go.id/sign/in

GuestPoster171
Fred wrote:

I have no clue about the airports but you DO NOT need the app for long distance trains as long as you have a NIK as their system is linked to the PL database. They know your vaccination and test status as soon as you book your ticket.
My children's new nanny just travelled from Jakarta without using the app. She has it but was not asked to use it as they already knew her status.

If you do not have a NIK, contact KIA or your intended airline before your intended travel date.

Wrong, its required, just read the link I posted, thats on oficial source, not ur nanny experience that u cannot prove.

Fred

[q
For sure in Bali, to access many activites in Solo, and Bekasi,

Which activities require the app rather than just proof of vaccination?

Fred

Have a nice time in Indonesia.

Mine Is not an opinion, Is what Is required by law, no more no less..

So your interpretation of the law is the app is not required for many activities?

Fred

Wrong, its required, just read the link I posted, thats on oficial source, not ur nanny experience that u cannot prove.

Your best argument is to suggest I'm a liar ?

As for the link, it's a month old news piece not a government site and it says they will trial the app, not that you have to use it.
Perhaps you can find something more up to date.

GuestPoster171
Fred wrote:

Totally wrong

The government have placed everyone with a NIK on the database and inputted their vaccination status. Obviously a lot of people need to be able to add information to update vaccination and test status , but everyone with a NIK was added automatically - Doesn't matter if someone logs on to the site, downloads the app, or does nothing, they're still on the database.

Foreigners without a NIK can apply to be registered using this government site, but they can't register themselves.

https://vaksinln.dto.kemkes.go.id/sign/in

both ur statement are completly wrong!!!
The government dont run any datadase, the only way to know if u are vaccinated is if u are registred on PedulliLinbungi by the facitility who performed the jab.
The area of PedulliLinbungi u shared in ur link cannot be used, because to confirm the vaccine certificate realesed abroad they require a confermation from the related embassy, but all the emabassy, exept Singapore and USA, denied it because for them them is against the law for the privacy, and for the foreigner without a NIK who got the vaccine in Indonesia there is no way to register on the app, they are working on it, but not yet implemented the function, u can read that with all the witness on the facebook group Bali Covid19 update.
"People are frustrated they are not able to access PeduliLindungi without a NIK, but we all need to chill out. The Ministry of Health’s legitimate #1 priority right now is getting 270 million citizens fully vaccinated. For those who have been fortunate enough to receive the gift of a vaccination from a government that has no obligation to vaccinate you – be grateful. They KNOW there are problems with the system and they are working on it. Eventually it will be fixed and you’ll have access to your account.
• PL is generally unable to operate using anything but a NIK for an account. Passport numbers are not working unless you received Sinopharm as part of the VGR.
• Passport holders from the US and Singapore have confirmed validation of their overseas vaccinations in PeduliLindungi. Please comment in the thread if/when yours is validated so we can track it.
• Embassies in Indonesia which have confirmed they can NOT verify vaccinations in their home countries: Portugal, Norway, Italy, Sweden, Germany, France, UK, Belgium, the Netherlands, Canada, Croatia, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand. South Africa doesn’t know what the GOI wants verified, so at least not “No.”
• A member successfully had his info corrected in PeduliLindungi by emailing sertifikat@pedulilindungi.id . It took over a month and some photos, but it was done. "
What a bunch of nisinformation from someone who should be an expert in Indonesia!!!

GuestPoster171
Fred wrote:

[q

Read my link

GuestPoster171
Fred wrote:

Your best argument is to suggest I'm a liar ?

As for the link, it's a month old news piece not a government site and it says they will trial the app, not that you have to use it.
Perhaps you can find something more up to date.

My best argument is the law.
Better u read the link again, Its wrote in a perfect english, so u should understand what it mean, and check also the sources they shares, its from ministers of the Republic of Indonedesia, not a trial, just an enforcenment of the law.

Fred

The government dont run any datadase, the only way to know if u are vaccinated is if u are registred on PedulliLinbungi by the facitility who performed the jab.

Tragically wrong

https://www.pedulilindungi.id/#tentang

© PeduliLindungi. All rights reserved.

MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATICS. Jalan Medan Merdeka Barat No. 9, Central Jakarta, 1011

Last I heard, the MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATICS are part of the government.

The government operates the database and automatically registers everyone with a NIK, but health facilities, the police, TNI, and others are able to add information as they need.

These DO NOT register you on the database, just update information about vaccinations or test results.

I'm trying to work out how you get such basic information so wrong.  This wouldn't be a problem but your rubbish might well have expats thinking they can't go to most venues and have them hunting around as to how to register themselves on the database when they have to apply on the link I gave (I think another poster may have given the same link).
If that's wrong, please provide a site where non-NIK possessing expats can register themselves - You can't because there isn't one. The government, and only the government, can register someone, as they did for everyone with a NIK regardless of vaccination status.

Basically, apart from one post where you pointed out many places don't insist on the app but will accept a certificate (Even though you called me a troll when I said the same thing), pretty much everything else you've posted is wrong.

The only way you've attempted to argue against my posts is to call me a troll, tell me I'm not in a town of any size, or suggest I lied. Bit rubbish.

At the end of the day, most of what you've posted is wrong.

Fred
Fred wrote:

[q

Read my link

I would love to hear your thoughts - I don't expect an answer as I know you made it up.

The link

By Liputan6.com on 08 Sep 2021, 20:48 WIB

That's a month old and from a news site, not a government outlet

From around the same time ....

https://www.solopos.com/aplikasi-peduli … et-1150265

Sejumlah pengunjung kesulitan memasang aplikasi karena kepasitas memori ponsel penuh. Ada juga pengunjung yang menunjukkan bukti cetak vaksinasi. Pengunjung tersebut boleh masuk meskipun tak punya aplikasi PeduliLindungi.

This news piece quotes the mall management saying they allow visitors without the app to enter without it as long as they have proof of vaccination. Would you like to accuse the mall management and staff of breaking the law, or will you stop short of a potential defamation trial?

If you decide to accuse them, please remember defamation is a criminal offence and the penalties can be harsh.

GuestPoster171
Fred wrote:

Tragically wrong

https://www.pedulilindungi.id/#tentang

© PeduliLindungi. All rights reserved.

MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATICS. Jalan Medan Merdeka Barat No. 9, Central Jakarta, 1011

Last I heard, the MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATICS are part of the government.

The government operates the database and automatically registers everyone with a NIK, but health facilities, the police, TNI, and others are able to add information as they need.

These DO NOT register you on the database, just update information about vaccinations or test results.

I'm trying to work out how you get such basic information so wrong.  This wouldn't be a problem but your rubbish might well have expats thinking they can't go to most venues and have them hunting around as to how to register themselves on the database when they have to apply on the link I gave (I think another poster may have given the same link).
If that's wrong, please provide a site where non-NIK possessing expats can register themselves - You can't because there isn't one. The government, and only the government, can register someone, as they did for everyone with a NIK regardless of vaccination status.

Basically, apart from one post where you pointed out many places don't insist on the app but will accept a certificate (Even though you called me a troll when I said the same thing), pretty much everything else you've posted is wrong.

The only way you've attempted to argue against my posts is to call me a troll, tell me I'm not in a town of any size, or suggest I lied. Bit rubbish.

At the end of the day, most of what you've posted is wrong.

U insist to embaress urself with ur wrong statements.
The database u mention and PL are two completely differt things.
The only way I know to reply to all ur misinformation is publishimg official sources, something u cannot do because u dont have any to support ur statements.
At the end of the day, u are wrong on everything u stated, and to try to make real them, u ignore the evidences that prove u are wrong, like this statement of Jackie Pomeroy, the admin of Bali Covid-19 update that I shared in my previous post.
"People are frustrated they are not able to access PeduliLindungi without a NIK, but we all need to chill out. The Ministry of Health’s legitimate #1 priority right now is getting 270 million citizens fully vaccinated. For those who have been fortunate enough to receive the gift of a vaccination from a government that has no obligation to vaccinate you – be grateful. They KNOW there are problems with the system and they are working on it. Eventually it will be fixed and you’ll have access to your account.
• PL is generally unable to operate using anything but a NIK for an account. Passport numbers are not working unless you received Sinopharm as part of the VGR.
• Passport holders from the US and Singapore have confirmed validation of their overseas vaccinations in PeduliLindungi. Please comment in the thread if/when yours is validated so we can track it.
• Embassies in Indonesia which have confirmed they can NOT verify vaccinations in their home countries: Portugal, Norway, Italy, Sweden, Germany, France, UK, Belgium, the Netherlands, Canada, Croatia, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand. South Africa doesn’t know what the GOI wants verified, so at least not “No.”
• A member successfully had his info corrected in PeduliLindungi by emailing sertifikat@pedulilindungi.id . It took over a month and some photos, but it was done. "
So better u stop to spread misinformation, someone could believe that they can access everywhere in every part of Indonesia without be registered on PL, wich is absolutely wrong.

GuestPoster171
Fred wrote:
Fred wrote:

Read my link

I would love to hear your thoughts - I don't expect an answer as I know you made it up.

The link

By Liputan6.com on 08 Sep 2021, 20:48 WIB

That's a month old and from a news site, not a government outlet

From around the same time ....

https://www.solopos.com/aplikasi-peduli … et-1150265

Sejumlah pengunjung kesulitan memasang aplikasi karena kepasitas memori ponsel penuh. Ada juga pengunjung yang menunjukkan bukti cetak vaksinasi. Pengunjung tersebut boleh masuk meskipun tak punya aplikasi PeduliLindungi.

This news piece quotes the mall management saying they allow visitors without the app to enter without it as long as they have proof of vaccination. Would you like to accuse the mall management and staff of breaking the law, or will you stop short of a potential defamation trial?

If you decide to accuse them, please remember defamation is a criminal offence and the penalties can be harsh.

My link is from a news website who report the names of the governators and ministers who enforced t'ha law.
About ur link, I said from the beginng that is common sense to let in people who cant register on PL but have a vaccine certificate, also the developer of PL are working to fix that issue, but its a fact that many regions are applying the law.

Fred

My link is from a news website who report the names of the governators and ministers who enforced t'ha law.
About ur link, I said from the beginng that is common sense to let in people who cant register on PL but have a vaccine certificate, also the developer of PL are working to fix that issue, but its a fact that many regions are applying the law.

If the law says shopping centres must insist on the PL app, are you saying The Solo Paragon Mall were operating illegally by allowing visitors in who were unable to use the app?
If, as you claim, the law requires the app, then you are accusing that mall of working outside the law.

I watched the new Bond film at a Cinema 21, entering without using the app - Did cinema 21 break the law by allowing me in?

If it is is "common sense to let in people who cant register on PL but have a vaccine certificate", are you saying the law, thus those who wrote the law, don't have any common sense?

You say common sense is being used, that allowing people to enter venues without the app, but you said people can't conduct activities without the app.

Which is correct?

GuestPoster171
Fred wrote:

If the law says shopping centres must insist on the PL app, are you saying The Solo Paragon Mall were operating illegally by allowing visitors in who were unable to use the app?
If, as you claim, the law requires the app, then you are accusing that mall of working outside the law.

I watched the new Bond film at a Cinema 21, entering without using the app - Did cinema 21 break the law by allowing me in?

If it is is "common sense to let in people who cant register on PL but have a vaccine certificate", are you saying the law, thus those who wrote the law, don't have any common sense?

You say common sense is being used, that allowing people to enter venues without the app, but you said people can't conduct activities without the app.

Which is correct?

U are a bit confused.
What the law says is clear and I think you can understand it too, if you disagree, complain to the legislator.
Using common sense does not mean acting illegally when the legislator himself has said that they are working to allow non-NIK people to register.
the point is that currently denying access to anyone who is not registered on the PL app, as many administrations are doing, is what the law requires, without exception.
It may seem like a contradiction, but it is the current situation, so to say that registering with PL is useless in real life is completely wrong and dangerous for those who might believe it.

Fred

U are a bit confused.
What the law says is clear and I think you can understand it too, if you disagree, complain to the legislator.
Using common sense does not mean acting illegally when the legislator himself has said that they are working to allow non-NIK people to register.
the point is that currently denying access to anyone who is not registered on the PL app, as many administrations are doing, is what the law requires, without exception.
It may seem like a contradiction, but it is the current situation, so to say that registering with PL is useless in real life is completely wrong and dangerous for those who might believe it.

Let me review your position:

You must have the app to enter malls and other places
It's illegal to enter a mall or whatever without using the app
People are entering malls, cinemas, and other places without the app

This isn't illegal because it's common sense even though, according to you, the law says you can't do it

Fred

Let me get past this utter crap

If you have a NIK, you are already registered on the government's database (Odd exceptions have cropped up)

If you do not have a NIK you can apply to be registered on the database

When you get a vaccination or take a test, the database is updated by approved groups - Those include, but are not restricted to, TNI, Police, and hospitals

You can access your information or download certificates using the PL website

It's a good idea to install the PL app but not having it won't be much of a problem as long as you have other proof of vaccination

GuestPoster171
Fred wrote:

U are a bit confused.

Let me review your position:

You must have the app to enter malls and other places
It's illegal to enter a mall or whatever without using the app
People are entering malls, cinemas, and other places without the app

This isn't illegal because it's common sense even though, according to you, the law says you can't do it

U are very good to manipolate what I said, I will repear my point like we usually do with babies.
The law Is clear, also an english language professor like u should understand it.
Its required to be registered to PL to access to many activites, and this what many administrations are doing.
The Pl app have an issue, people without a NIK cant access the App, so the legislator Is working to fix the the issue, in the meantime some placesr Is using common sense and let in people without a NIK, that should be entlited to access, so there Is nothing illegal in that.
I know that you are desperately trying to discredit me because you can't stand that the members of this forum continually give me certificates of esteem for the work I do here, but you will never ever be able to because I rely only on official sources, unlike you speak only of unverifiable "personal experiences" and for this and for your arrogance you have always been critical of everyone, so much so that you have had to delete all your posts.

Bali Frog

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Off-topic
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
GuestPoster171

Sorry Bali Frog, u are off topic again.
U can create a thread to discuss about the vaccine.

Diksha

Hello everyone,

The purpose of this topic was meant to be informative. Enough information has been posted on the app and how it should be used.

Consequently, we think it's best to close this thread as there's nothing more left to say.

Thank you.

Diksha
Expat.com

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Indonesia

• Working in Bali
    Working in Bali

The multi-faceted island of Bali offers many opportunities for those who wish to move from tourist to ...

• Driving in Indonesia
    Driving in Indonesia

Traffic in Indonesia can be very overwhelming, particularly since the discipline and road conditions can ...

• Moving to Indonesia with your pet
    Moving to Indonesia with your pet

Moving to Indonesia with a pet is not a risk-free operation, mainly due to stray animals and rabies. ...

• Having a baby in Indonesia
    Having a baby in Indonesia

If you are about to have a baby in Indonesia, you should be aware that the medical services available to pregnant ...

• Accommodation in Bali
    Accommodation in Bali

If you are planning to relocate to Bali, housing is a critical part of your project. So how to find your ...

• Buying property in Bali
    Buying property in Bali

Should your experience as an expatriate in Bali make you want to settle down permanently, you might want ...

• Accommodation in Indonesia
    Accommodation in Indonesia

Many of the expatriates living in Indonesia prefer renting accommodation owing to the generally limited ...

• Studying in Bali
    Studying in Bali

Even if Bali is renowned as a major tourist destination, the island is by no means limited to its idyllic ...

All of Indonesia's guide articles