Planning a move to Ghana

Hello all. I am living in the USA (Florida) and my husband and I plan to move permanently to Ghana in early 2022. We would welcome any advise on the following: Rental. We want to rent for at least 1 year before buying, but not sure where the safest areas are for expats. Healthcare: We are also researching Cancer centers in Ghana and would like to live not too far away from a cancer center and a hospital. Also seeking information on private health insurance (All of the companies that have contacted me about health insurance have been outside of Ghana  - in Europe- and their cost is exorbitant). Where to live: Where are best/safest areas to live/rent in Ghana (not far from Accra, but away from the hustle and bustle of the City). How to avoid housing and land scams and other issues that might face us. We have been to Ghana 3 times and made our decision to move there after retirement. We welcome your advice. Thank you.

Brillant, I know of a cool place in Accra close to sakaman with a multra modern private healthcare in the vicinity.You CAN check it out. Let me know if interested

Hi. One of the best sources of information about Accra is on the home page of accraexpat.com. They have a 'how to' section which gives answers to most of your questions.
There are local health care insurers but have no personal experience of them.
I retired to Ghana 11 years ago and have no regrets.

Thank you for your response. What is the name of the health center and where is it located exactly, please.

For place to rent which is not too far from main town, I can suggest Ashongman estate, ablekuma ,  dodowa, haatso.

I recently moved to Westland and I love it. 💘

There are a variety of health centres in Accra apart from the main hospitals. In Airport Residential there is Nhayo Clinic and in Airport Hills there is Lister Hospital and several in East Legon. For emergency cover there is WARA in Labone.

@Veronica Koppelman

RU still lovin it?