File for divorce in Tunis

i married in 2016 in Tunis to Algerian man and we broke up like 2 half years ago I have filed a divorce in the United Kingdom and it taking long time as he won't give me we're he is living I know he is in Europe somewhere I have loads off text saying he wants to divorce but he won't let me know we're he is so I can send the papers to him I am so fed up off waiting he have moved on an so have I but he knows I want to get engaged an won't give in to the divorce how long is the progress and how much will it cost for a divorce in Tunis as I need to ASAP

I would speak to a lawyer.  I'm not in UK, but Canada but I'm sure there's something similar in the UK: 

You need to show the court you have attempted to find your spouse. If you cannot locate them, you may be able to apply for a court order to divorce. Before the court grants you a divorce, you must prove that you've done everything possible to find your spouse.

I have done that I have sent his number and also email and I have sent in loads off text from Facebook him saying he want to divorce as well and saying he won't agree to it until I give him the documents off our son his passport and birth paper so he can obtain visa to uk and asking me to do a family reunion visa for him what I have refused to do due to his. Being very high risk to my son as he have said he will kidnap my son soon he see him and if that not enough proof that he high risk to me and my son I don't no what it and what is wrong with this country when u been trying to divorce for long time

See a local lawyer, not a Tunisian lawyer.  If your divorce is legal in the UK, it should be legal in Tunisia... just like when you married in Tunisia, your marriage was legal in the UK.

I'm sorry you're going through this...but your best bet is talk to a family lawyer close to you, try to find one that may be familiar with foreign marriages.  A lot of women in the UK have married and divorced Tunisians.  Maybe check out the TLR site for advice.

Because I married in Tunisia I had to get a divorce there. They would not accept paperwork from America.
I got a Tunisian lawyer, but thankfully I have friends who helped me, as he himself tried to scam me.
I can give you a name of a good lawyer here, as well as the name of the one I had so that you can avoid a potential scamming lawyer.

@justmacy wow.. crazy but I heard worse stories in Tunisia.

I married my husband there in 2014 and he is now wanted a divorce could you please give me some names of lawyers there. I want to get a Tunisian divorce and not an American one. I would appreciate all the help you could give me. And maybe the name of the lawyer that you had to thank you.

Hi my tunsian husband left and i also got married in tunsia at home and would like some.advice pls of where i start because if he was to divorce me all papers would go to my old address so i need to change the address to my current one any help would be appriated

Hi. I got divorced in Tunisia by choice due to it being cheaper and I thought quicker. In reality it wasn't and 2 years plus later still issues with the paperwork. We also both had to be there to agree the divorce as they want a a mediation period. You could still get divorced in tunisia but you would need multiple trips from the UK which makes it more expensive.
You can get divorced in the UK as another poster has already said and like them I would advise seeing a solicitor. There are a number of online support sites for the different nationalities in uk who can point you towards a solicitor with experience of the situation.

Hi Wondering if anyone can help me I got married in March and I from the UK and I need to get divorced urgently in Tunisia does anybody know any contact solicitors that would help me please

@mariapowell80 la vita ci riserva sempre nuove strade

I no understand

@justmacy Hi what is the contact info for the lawyer you know?  Please & Thank You

@justmacy   Please I need help to divorce my husband he physically abused me and scammed me now I am in America  because he was imprisoned after caught selling Hashish. I lost everything and had to come back to america  I need the cost of a lawyer for a divorce and I signed a 50/50 divorce in contract

Wow..!! 😱

This is ridiculously far too many cases.. and still English & American ladies wanted to marry Tunisians…? Check out Groupon and get some toys rather than going through this painful horror in life.. 🙏

@justmacy I need the name of who you used and any info you have to hel me. Mine physically abused me and scammed me . I am American and back home till next aug 2024 I will mi e there but I want a divorce he's in prison now

@mariapowell80

You could hire a law representative a lawyer, and get a divorce in his absence. He will get an official invite from the court. If he doesn't show up. You can be granted a divorce in his absence.

Im divorcing my tunisian husband. He smokes marihuana, lives with friends in France while im in Czech. He looking for french girl right now. He said he will take loans without my consensus. For more than one year i couldnt tell him he must start work to be with me. We even havent start living together. Im fed up.

@justmacy hiya , my ex is doing divorce in Tunis , is a email with me saying I agree to divorce enough , he is saying he needs to stamped by my embassy in Ireland and my passport number which I won't give , his a absolute con man not to be trusted

@justmacy hiya can I ask you or anyone in group k ow if your ex husband Tunisian man , he is doing divorce in Tunis , I've sent a email to consent to the divorce, but he dying he need it stamped my Tunisian embassy in Ireland and my passport number ? Is this true , I have divorced previously to a foreign man in Ireland and all I need in Ireland was his Email with consent

@justmacy can you send the lawyer contact so I ask some questions my ex is a lying cheating Conman not to be trusted with anything so I'd rather here details from the lawyer and not him

@justmacy

Please can you give me the contact details of the good lawyer in Tunisia please..as after 13 years married my Tunisian husband has decided he wants a divorce and only wantsit donein TUNISIA NOT UK..don't trust him

@justmacy

Hi please can you give me the details of the good lawyer you used..

My Tunisian husband after 13 years has decided he wants a divorce but only wants it in Tunisia not in the Uk..i need to contact a good lawyer in Tunisia as i dont trust my husband

I was married (2019) and divorced (separated 2020, officially divorced 2023) in Tunisia.

I didn't go back since we split up, and everything took way longer than expected.

I haven't received anything from the lawyer or the court, I got sent a screenshot of a conversation my ex had with someone that included a document that says the divorce was granted in Feb 23.

Is my divorce automatically registered in the UK like the marriage was? Or do I need to do something to get some kind of proof that I am divorced? I'm not in a rush to marry again, but I don't want to have this hanging over me if I can easily get it sorted.

Ex is no use, he's still very bitter that I left him and has basically said figure it out yourself.

I was married (2019) and divorced (separated 2020, officially divorced 2023) in Tunisia.

I didn't go back since we split up, and everything took way longer than expected.

I haven't received anything from the lawyer or the court, I got sent a screenshot of a conversation my ex had with someone that included a document that says the divorce was granted in Feb 23.

Is my divorce automatically registered in the UK like the marriage was? Or do I need to do something to get some kind of proof that I am divorced? I'm not in a rush to marry again, but I don't want to have this hanging over me if I can easily get it sorted.

Ex is no use, he's still very bitter that I left him and has basically said figure it out yourself.

@Sophosho

Once you have Tunisian documents.. you will have to take it to a registrar's office to make sure to validate them.. just to be in a safeside.. 🙏

i'm so sorry it's a long painful process.. and I'm glad you're almost through the process.. 👍

Take care..

@kuriako

I don't have any documents though. How do I get them from the UK?