Just announced, Death of Kobor Janos... Omega

The lead singer of the popular classic Hungarian rock band Omega has passed.
He was in hospital with C19.
His name ,Kobar Janos translates to John Vagabond.
We saw them play a few times.
The song, "Pearl Haired Girl" was rather catchy.
RIP.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

The lead singer of the popular classic Hungarian rock band Omega has passed.
He was in hospital with C19.
His name ,Kobar Janos translates to John Vagabond.
We saw them play a few times.
The song, "Pearl Haired Girl" was rather catchy.
RIP.

Yes, you beat me to the posting.  According to Forbes.hu, the news report was:

János Kóbor, the frontman of Omega, died December 06, 2021

János Kóbor, the singer of Omega passed away. The musician was hospitalized with a coronavirus infection on November 9.  His band, Omega, has announced the death of the 78-year-old musician on Facebook . Although Omega has not reported the cause of death, the coronavirus infection of the elderly musician is probably behind it.

444 [website] writes that the rock legend did not want to give himself a vaccine against the coronavirus because he trusted his own immune system.

Mrs F and I were in Semmelweis University hospital on Varosmajor this morning (to correct my COVID certificates) and they were playing Girl with Pearl Hair on the PA system when we were there.  Mrs F thinks he was in that hospital.  He might have passed while we were waiting.  Either that or spooky coincidence.  Mrs F was a big fan.

My husband tells me Omega was huge in Europe, Russia went crazy for them.
They were well respected in many European countries.
I never heard of them until I came to Hungary.
There had been a candlelight vigil outside his hospital for the past week or so.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

My husband tells me Omega was huge in Europe, Russia went crazy for them.
They were well respected in many European countries.
I never heard of them until I came to Hungary.
There had been a candlelight vigil outside his hospital for the past week or so.

We didn't see anyone outside so maybe that wasn't the hospital he was in.  When the other guy died, we were there with Mrs F lighting candles (he lived near the Castle tunnel).  Not sure about doing that with this Omega guy.

Girl with the Pearl Hair but it was really made famous (to me anyway) by the German band,  The Scorpions called it White Dove.   I knew about the Scorpions but had never heard of Omega back then. 

Last time I saw Omega was in Törökbálint, It was a free outside concert next to a school and semi-abandoned shopping mall.   Lead singer wasn't doing all the heavy lifting even then.   All the main guys seem to have their "shadows" helping them out with the major work.

Update: apparently the guy wanted to be scattered in Balaton!  I am not sure about that.  Candles are being lit for him near Heroes Square ice rink apparently.

Apparently Kobor's funeral will be televised. 

Strictly for fans.  Not something everyone should watch.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Hmm, I may be morbid but might just check it out on TV of course.
He will have his service at the Basillica in the 5th.
It's going t be a cirus with the ,"who's who" of Hungarian entertainment being there.
Wonder if OV will give a speech?
I do remember when John Lennon was murdered, my friends and I went to Westwood where a huge candlelight vigil was being held. We even took our children with us.
Don't think I'd ever go to something like that again though.
Mike Nesmith of the Monkeeys just passed, hardly much news coverage about that over here.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Hmm, I may be morbid but might just check it out on TV of course.
He will have his service at the Basillica in the 5th.
It's going t be a cirus with the ,"who's who" of Hungarian entertainment being there.
Wonder if OV will give a speech?
I do remember when John Lennon was murdered, my friends and I went to Westwood where a huge candlelight vigil was being held. We even took our children with us.
Don't think I'd ever go to something like that again though.
Mike Nesmith of the Monkeeys just passed, hardly much news coverage about that over here.

I'll be giving Kobor's send off a miss.  As they want to scatter his ashes, presumably they'll special permission for scattering them in Balaton, with all the ice down there, it'll be resting on the ice until it melts.  We were thinking of going to have a look at Balaton at the weekend.  But only if it's sunny.

Mike Nesmith passing is far more significant to me than Kobor.    He was really the best Monkee in my mind as he was actually a talented musician rather than just faking it.   And perhaps he was the richest since his Mum invented Tippex or Liquid Paper.  She sold out but was worth millions.   

Interestingly, Mickey Dolenz has become a well known TV and film director in the UK but never hear from him these days.   

But he's the last surviving member of the Monkees.

Well, I sat through 2/3 of the televised funeral last night.
The church is lovely if not a total waste of money.
The service went on for about one hour.
How much can they say about one person anyways?
I didnt undertand a word but watched .
I see OV sent over at least 3 cabinet ministers and there were a few old,"rockers" in attendance.
I did feel a bit bad for his wife, she must be at least 30 plus years his jr.
His brother was sitting with her and his children, their faces looked a bit down even under a mask.
These events always lead to strange conversations.
My husband said something about how many ,"groupies" did he use up in his lifetime and what is going to be his karma for that.
Too many soul ties for him to answer for.
Everyone sees these life events in different ways.
One hour though, all the hocus pocus, up and down, smoke and mirrors seemed a bit too much for me.
It might of been cool to have a rocker style funeral, at least play some of his music or a few tunes like ,"Knocking on Heavens Door" or ,"Spirit in the Sky".
I suppose the next thing will be a televised viewing of his ashes going into the Lake?
I know when my time comes it will be one step above a shoe box and perhaps 2 people saying ,Sayonara.

Makes me think sometimes, I pray nothing happens to my son while he lives in Japan.
I've seen many films about funerals over there plus heard first hand from Japanese freinds how they do things over there with family.
They actually pick out pieces of bone with chopsticks like a souvenir.
They have prfessionals dress you up, put makeup on you, maybe take some photos of you looking the best you ever did in real life then off you go to the cremation room while your family has a dinner in your honor.
Then they come back and pick up some souvenirs.
Guess it's not right to belittle any funeral custom. I suppose keeping a souvenir isn't the worst thing in the world.
I know in some tribes a widow will walk around with her husbands dried skull around her waist and take him everywhere with her.

Hate to be so morbid but recent events have made me think about these thngs.
My cousin passed recently, his funeral is just before Xmas.
Why wait so long?
Seems his sister started a go fund me page t pay for his funeral.
All god but makes me think, my cousin was a nice enough guy, fun, funny and smart but never kept a job and lived off the system for the last 20 years.
Never thought about his end and now everyone is scrambling too give him a nice send off.
My brother donated a couple thousand dollars, that's a big thing since my bro is a known tight wad.
Why let someone know how much they mean until it's too late though?

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Well, I sat through 2/3 of the televised funeral last night.
The church is lovely if not a total waste of money.
The service went on for about one hour.
How much can they say about one person anyways?
I didnt undertand a word but watched .
I see OV sent over at least 3 cabinet ministers and there were a few old,"rockers" in attendance.
I did feel a bit bad for his wife, she must be at least 30 plus years his jr.
His brother was sitting with her and his children, their faces looked a bit down even under a mask.
These events always lead to strange conversations.
My husband said something about how many ,"groupies" did he use up in his lifetime and what is going to be his karma for that.
Too many soul ties for him to answer for.
Everyone sees these life events in different ways.
One hour though, all the hocus pocus, up and down, smoke and mirrors seemed a bit too much for me.
It might of been cool to have a rocker style funeral, at least play some of his music or a few tunes like ,"Knocking on Heavens Door" or ,"Spirit in the Sky".
I suppose the next thing will be a televised viewing of his ashes going into the Lake?
I know when my time comes it will be one step above a shoe box and perhaps 2 people saying ,Sayonara.

Mrs Fluffy watched it and thought it was rubbish.  All that ritual didn't go down well.  The guy was a rock star (in Hungary anyway) and he should have had a rock and roll send off!  Question is if he's going up or down after his passing - might be spending eternity with Lucifer or hanging out in the Silver City for the eons.  No judgement, just saying.

Someone here we know passed and he had a bells and whistles funeral BUT we knew he was a unfaithful boozing argumentative alcoholic person. That's despite the priest and others lauding over him.   

It was lucky they buried him because he probably would have exploded in the  flames of a crematorium due to all the palinka in him.  He's probably quite well preserved aka pickled down there.

Yes, I thought it was a ton of hoop-la.
All religious when most likely he had to have done a few devious things to get on top of the pile.
At least when my beloved sister passed my no nonesense aunt said straight to my face,"I'm sorry Myra passed but she is in Hell now".
Wow, talk about being a straight -shooter!

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Yes, I thought it was a ton of hoop-la.
All religious when most likely he had to have done a few devious things to get on top of the pile.
At least when my beloved sister passed my no nonesense aunt said straight to my face,"I'm sorry Myra passed but she is in Hell now".
Wow, talk about being a straight -shooter!

Yes, sounded like bollocks. I didn't watch it.  Sorry for his family, but for us here, now, meh.

Your aunt wasn't very nice in thinking she's got the low-down on knowing where your sister went.

I've got a book here called "Sum - Forty Tales from the afterlives" by David Eagleman.  It's a kind of compendium of scenarios which might be how your afterlife is experienced.  It's not a great book, just ok.   One of the themes is that the afterlife is personalised for you.   

So Kobor's heaven or hell could be anything - from a heaven of forever eating tiramsu ice cream with chocolate sprinkles or a hell spent queueing endlessly in a HU post office.   

Theoretically speaking, I would think the "Devil" knows how to structure a hell on a individual and personalised basis but I don't think "God" personalises Heaven for virtuous humans.

Great way to discribe it, eating tiramsu ice cream or waiting in a HU post office!
Yes, my aunt and uncle went a bit over the top when they were, "born again".
I was so upset and in shock that for once in my life I was speechless  and hurt.
I usually consider rude remarks from who is giving them and just let it roll off my back but when family says rude things it can hurt.
I decided right then and there however that my auntie was not to be trusted with sensitive issues of the heart.
I've read many different books about the afterlife, most of them from a Buddhist point of view.
Now I read from the Bible. My husband jokes that I am turning into an old lady, reading the Bible and visiting doctors...
He and my son are Buddhist.
My cousin who just passed had an interesting history of religion.
He graduated a seminary, taught school in SD on an Indian reservation, later was adpoted int a native American tribe and given a name.( Can't think of it ATM)
Later went to India to teach religion but became a Muslim, changed his name to Umar Hussan. Later married a female pastor with her own church  in the states.
Then moved on to be a single man again and a end times prepper.
Colorful if not nutty.
Guess he tried to cover the goood deeds part of being a Christaian.
Although that's a rabbit hole, thjey say good deeds are not enough to enter the kingdom of heaven...
Religion, a can of worms.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Great way to discribe it, eating tiramsu ice cream or waiting in a HU post office!
Yes, my aunt and uncle went a bit over the top when they were, "born again".
I was so upset and in shock that for once in my life I was speechless  and hurt.
I usually consider rude remarks from who is giving them and just let it roll off my back but when family says rude things it can hurt.
I decided right then and there however that my auntie was not to be trusted with sensitive issues of the heart.
I've read many different books about the afterlife, most of them from a Buddhist point of view.
Now I read from the Bible. My husband jokes that I am turning into an old lady, reading the Bible and visiting doctors...
He and my son are Buddhist.
My cousin who just passed had an interesting history of religion.
He graduated a seminary, taught school in SD on an Indian reservation, later was adpoted int a native American tribe and given a name.( Can't think of it ATM)
Later went to India to teach religion but became a Muslim, changed his name to Umar Hussan. Later married a female pastor with her own church  in the states.
Then moved on to be a single man again and a end times prepper.
Colorful if not nutty.
Guess he tried to cover the good deeds part of being a Christian.
Although that's a rabbit hole, they say good deeds are not enough to enter the kingdom of heaven...
Religion, a can of worms.

Your auntie should have be ashamed of herself.  Religious beliefs doesn't excuse being rude.  Not a free  pass to agitate other people.

I mentioned tiramsu ice cream because I had just made some - it's really nice. I used oat milk and I added pistachio and raisins as well. Didn't have any suitable sprinkles. HU Post Office - easily relatable - queueing and discussing whatever there....pffff.

Your cousin  really had a colourful existence in the hands of religionists.   I suppose it worked out for him in the end.  There's only one outcome for us all anyway and no-one knows what happens afterwards.  Mrs F says, it's a rollercoaster you cannot get off.   

BTW, there's a movie on Netflix  with Robert Redford in  - it's called The Discovery.  It's worth a look but turns out not to be a great movie.  I quite liked the idea of the movie called What Dreams May Come.  It's really a romantic movie in unusual settings.  Don't think it's on Netflix.  Good for a rainy and cold Sunday afternoon.

Buddhists are an interesting group.   Christians talk about beginnings and ends and the finality of a single existence but Buddhist have a cycle of renewal.  So you get more than one shot at life and to lead a "better" life.  Seems more attractive to have another go at it.

I looked into my cousins native name:
It was, Big Stone.
Member of the Chaubunagungamung Nipmuck Tribe of Mass.
A mouthful there.
He was also in the USAF for less then 2 years, pulled a mental and got out with full benefits.
Smart guy.
He will be laid to rest in a national cemetary in Santa Fe, NM.
He was both Nipmuck and Mohawk.
He was a real clown and super witty, I'm going to miss his crazy comments about issues.
Yes, his mom, my auntie got weird when she found Jesus, not everyone gets that way but she took everything so literally.
Well, maybe now she has either met up with my sister or not?
No fear , my sister had a NDE and said it was great, didn't really want to come back here. Said it was peaceful so she didn't burn in hell after all.
She had a preview show and was ready to go at any time without fear. Best way to live is without fear of the unknown.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

It was, Big Stone.
A mouthful there.
He was also in the USAF for less then 2 years, pulled a mental and got out with full benefits.
Smart guy.
He was a real clown and super witty, I'm going to miss his crazy comments about issues.
Yes, his mom, my auntie got weird when she found Jesus, not everyone gets that way but she took everything so literally.
No fear , my sister had a NDE and said it was great, didn't really want to come back here. Said it was peaceful so she didn't burn in hell after all.
She had a preview show and was ready to go at any time without fear. Best way to live is without fear of the unknown.

Wow, that's some name for a tribe.  I did look it up and that's the shortest version.  There's an even longer one! Char­gogg­a­gogg­man­chaugg­a­gogg­chau­bun­a­gung­a­maugg.  You don't want to say that in a hurry.

Reminds me of the Welsh place name Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch and surprisingly the NZ place name Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu.

Looks almost like gibberish or a cat walked across the keyboard.

Anyone who can pronounce those needs to be let into Heaven immediately.

Getting religion is a 50-50 gamble. Either do some real good for society or waste time in miserable piety.   If I had to single out one "religious" person who deserves hell, it'd be Mother Teresa.

fluffy2560 wrote:
Marilyn Tassy wrote:

It was, Big Stone.
A mouthful there.
Smart guy.

Wow, that's some name for a tribe.  I did look it up and that's the shortest version.  There's an even longer one! Char­gogg­a­gogg­man­chaugg­a­gogg­chau­bun­a­gung­a­maugg.  You don't want to say that in a hurry.

Reminds me of the Welsh place name Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch and surprisingly the NZ place name Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu.

Looks almost like gibberish or a cat walked across the keyboard.

Anyone who can pronounce those needs to be let into Heaven immediately.

Getting religion is a 50-50 gamble. Either do some real good for society or waste time in miserable piety.   If I had to single out one "religious" person who deserves hell, it'd be Mother Teresa.

I agree, she had very ill peple sleeping n the ground and told them to pray.
When she got ill she was taken to a very good hospital and given the best care.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I agree, she had very ill people sleeping n the ground and told them to pray.
When she got ill she was taken to a very good hospital and given the best care.

Yes, she thought suffering was necessary to get closer to God.  She said Christ suffered on the cross so this is why cancer sufferers should have no morphine etc. I believe she also travelled first class as well.   Suffering didn't apply to her apparently. 

But they still continue to fawn over her "achievements" with airports (Tirana) named after her and some statues here and there. 

I think she got elevated to saint status when she had fame.  The mighty have further to fall when the truth comes out. 

How did she think she had the right to be the gatekeeper for people's care and pain?  Not even a medical professional.  To me she seems a horrible hypocrite.

That's my issue with organized religion, far too many hypocrites making judgements on people.
I know when my sister left the JW's she was shunned because she got a divorce.
Just when you need support they turned their backs on her.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

That's my issue with organized religion, far too many hypocrites making judgements on people.
I know when my sister left the JW's she was shunned because she got a divorce.
Just when you need support they turned their backs on her.

JWs are notorious for that kind of thing.   Imagine all the wars and strife caused by differing belief systems.   Best not to believe in anything organised.   I've always wondered if not believing in anything was a belief system in itself.  It's chicken and egg.  At this point it's like that idea of chasing one's own tail would cause people to disappear.

Talking of chicken and egg, I like that (now old) joke about ordering a chicken and an egg separately on Amazon and waiting to see which comes first.

I looked online at some videos of the National Cemetary in Santa Fe where they will have my cousins funeral tomorrow.
Not bad for guy who never held done a job for long.
All the honors  of a Vet.
Not sure why his sister had a go fund me page, looks like the US tax payer is paying the bill.
One of the last perks of being a Vet.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I looked online at some videos of the National Cemetary in Santa Fe where they will have my cousins funeral tomorrow.
Not sure why his sister had a go fund me page, looks like the US tax payer is paying the bill.

Sorry about your cousin.

On TV shows they always show a relative getting a US flag folded into a triangle.   

It's not something I've seen done elsewhere.

I suppose it's only done for military people.

fluffy2560 wrote:
Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Sorry about your cousin.

On TV shows they always show a relative getting a US flag folded into a triangle.   

It's not something I've seen done elsewhere.

I suppose it's only done for military people.

Yes, my brother got the flag when his father passed.
My step-father didn't want to be laid to rest in a National Cemetary because it would be too far away from his beloved Simi. He wanted to rest there so he declined the military service but they did have a flag for him.
I think a couple of soldiers were at his funeral for that part of the service but then again it's not something I remember or care to, it was along time ago.
My father is buried in a national cemetary and so is my grandfather.
Nice to know if you are a US vet they will take care of you when you pass even if you have been discharged ages ago.
Although I have a friend who's US Vet relation passed here in Hungary and the VA didn't help at all?
Hard to believe they can't help
out if you pass in a foriegn country.
The US embasy was also of little aid.
I used to know how to do the entire flag folding salute thing but like many other things, long forgotten.
Was a goody-goody Girl Scout who volunteered every Wed. to arrive early to school in uniform with a couple other girls from my troop to hang up the flag on the pole before school started and take it down after school and refold it.
Dang, we were so serious for children, what happened, I am not serious about much these days.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Although I have a friend who's US Vet relation passed here in Hungary and the VA didn't help at all?
Hard to believe they can't help
out if you pass in a foriegn country.
The US embasy was also of little aid.
I used to know how to do the entire flag folding salute thing but like many other things, long forgotten.
Was a goody-goody Girl Scout who volunteered every Wed. to arrive early to school in uniform with a couple other girls from my troop to hang up the flag on the pole before school started and take it down after school and refold it.
Dang, we were so serious for children, what happened, I am not serious about much these days.

Like all countries do, they have their icons and rituals.

They were "brainwashing" you into respecting the flags, icons and rituals of the USA.   That includes the pledge of allegiance and the symbolism on for example, the currency. "In God We Trust" etc and the all seeing eye beaming down.  Essentially training you up.

When I was a kid in the UK, I went to a school which was partially funded by the Church of England. We used to have a religious ceremony in "morning assembly".  We never had - in school at least - these kinds of icons like flags but we had other ones like the Queen on currency, the Union Jack (flag) etc.  So they were training us up as well.

I always wondered what happened to people's belief in these symbols when their country disintegrates - like the Soviet Union or Yugoslavia etc. Or indeed the symbolism of the flag of the EU when one departs from that particular club. 

There's some interesting monuments to former times in the former Yugoslavian countries.  Many of them falling into disrepair.   Some really ugly. I know at least one of them used as a dystopian film set.  This one (in Croatia I believe):

https://www.designisthis.com/blog/images/uploads/2013/01/Spomenik-The-Monuments-of-Former-Yugoslavia-20.jpg

Don't think anyone mourns for their passing.

I quite like this one in Macedonia - might make a good AirBnB ;)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/98/Makedonium_09.JPG/450px-Makedonium_09.JPG

Could be renovated and fixed up as the Corona virus memorial.  Just add more spikey bits.  It's probably still revered - partisan monument commemorating WW2.

Funny, it does look like a markup for the C-19 virus.
My generation sort of got wise to the system but my parents generation was fully indoctrinated.
My mom would collect door to door for the war effort, people would give pots and pans to melt down for military use.
Sang and danced at the USO, gave up their free time to volunteer for the war effort.
People bought war bonds. Some gave their family pets to the military for God knows what purposes.
My mom would go back and forth with studying with the JW's.
One season we could be scouts and the next we couldn't say the pledge at school because it was against the JW religion.
One year it was Holloween and the next all lights out and no one is home.
Think by the time the 1960's came around most people were ready to rebel.
Considering how mind controlled that generation was it's no wonder the Army freaked out when my father married the ,"enemy" in Japan. Guess must of been a free spirited person after all.
Guess I shouldn't say anything, looks like many of us are mind controlled now days too.
Whatever the media pushes people take as truth.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Funny, it does look like a markup for the C-19 virus.
My generation sort of got wise to the system but my parents generation was fully indoctrinated.
My mom would collect door to door for the war effort, people would give pots and pans to melt down for military use.
Sang and danced at the USO, gave up their free time to volunteer for the war effort.
People bought war bonds. Some gave their family pets to the military for God knows what purposes.
My mom would go back and forth with studying with the JW's.
One season we could be scouts and the next we couldn't say the pledge at school because it was against the JW religion.
One year it was Holloween and the next all lights out and no one is home.
Think by the time the 1960's came around most people were ready to rebel.
Considering how mind controlled that generation was it's no wonder the Army freaked out when my father married the ,"enemy" in Japan. Guess must of been a free spirited person after all.
Guess I shouldn't say anything, looks like many of us are mind controlled now days too.
Whatever the media pushes people take as truth.

Sounds like a positive cornucopia of beliefs all going on at the same time.   Communists didn't want other beliefs competing with their own propaganda.  And they are still doing that. I don't know why the Yugoslavs liked all that brutalist stuff.

We had a rash of court cases re the JWs in the UK.  It was people refusing to let their kids have life saving treatment. Like no blood transfusions.   It's almost always solved quickly.  They apply super fast to the courts to make the kid a ward of the court.  Then they make the decision for the kid and not the parents. I think the medics can apply life saving treatment regardless of the parents beliefs if it will save a life or stabilise a person for further consultation. 

Adults are another matter.   They can do some operations with minimal blood loss.  I've never heard of any adult being declared incompetent so the courts can order treatment.  But I suppose it could happen. 

I quite like this Yugoslavian blob whatsit (Maribor, Slovenia) (looks like a chocolate marshmallow cake thingy):

https://cherryandoak.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Yugoslavia-monuments-6.jpg

BTW, Kobor's wife is considering splitting his ashes between Balaton and the Basilica.  Not sure if that will be a popular decision but definitely hers to make.

fluffy2560 wrote:

BTW, Kobor's wife is considering splitting his ashes between Balaton and the Basilica.  Not sure if that will be a popular decision but definitely hers to make.

Guess it's a better solution the what Keith Richards did with his father's ashes, he snorted them.
At least that's the story to make him look like a bad boy.
Then again  he did fall on his head and have brain surgery after falling out of a coconut tree, another wild tale.
The JW's are a strange group, some are super nice and others are crackers.
I lived with a JW family for about 2 weeks when my stepfather had his mororcyle accident and went crazy with his meds and had a sort of mental breakdown.
My mom needed a break from all the insanity so I was sent out for a bit. Was 12 years old.
Stayed with the family of our Bible study lady.
Very sweet person from Greece, her husband was against the religion for years but fianlly came around and was a high raking member in our town.
She was supposly one of the 144,000, the chosen ones.
Strange things going on in that religion for sure.
I must say their home was very peaceful and quiet, not like the mad huse I grew up in.We had to pray at every meal, which isn't a bad thing really. Instead of watching tv at night, we had Bible study.
Well when I went to beauty college several JW's were in my class.
They told me what happened to this lady . I had no contact with her for a long time when I cut ties with the JWs.
She was young, like 40 years old and had a bleeding ulcer.
Instead of getting blood, she checked herself into a motel and allowed herself to bleed out all alone.
Her husband left the church after that.
Sad, she was really, really a sweet person.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Guess it's a better solution the what Keith Richards did with his father's ashes, he snorted them.
At least that's the story to make him look like a bad boy.
Then again  he did fall on his head and have brain surgery after falling out of a coconut tree, another wild tale.
They told me what happened to this lady . I had no contact with her for a long time when I cut ties with the JWs.
She was young, like 40 years old and had a bleeding ulcer.
Instead of getting blood, she checked herself into a motel and allowed herself to bleed out all alone.
Her husband left the church after that.
Sad, she was really, really a sweet person.

Some cannibals in Papua New Guinea (maybe) eat others to gain their souls and knowledge.  Snorting is another way I suppose.

Checking into a hotel to die.   What a waste of her life.  If she had  kids, she left them for a stupid reason.  They could have fixed her up quickly enough if they'd known what they know now. 

Ulcers are treated with antibiotics as they discovered that a bacteria was present when there was a stomach ulcer.  Seems to have solved that condition for many. 

My grandfather had a ruptured ulcer but he had treatment (surgery) in hospital and unfortunately died.  It was 40+ years ago. 

I was investigated for one myself but I don't actually remember if I had one or not!

Yes, this lady had 2 sons, nice little boys.
That's the thing about joining a cult, they have there own bizzare way of seeing things.
She told me she would die early, it was her calling because she had to die to be part of the 144,000 before the return of Christ.
It's a JW thing...
To be one of the anoited in the JW's is like being a St. in the Catholic religion.
It's was sad to hear about how she passed but if she was happy enough to go that way, what can we say?