Menu
Expat.com

Hi there

Last activity 06 November 2011 by zukyboy2000

Jim12

Hi - recently moved to Delhi and based in Gurgaon - can any only one point me in the direction of a good Friday / Saturday night where fellow expats hang out and save me another weekend of boredom!!!

Armand

Hi Jim12!

Welcome to Expat.com smile.png

I hope you will meet new people soon!

Regards
Armand

Sandeepdg

Hi Jim, I am from Gurgaon also, although I work in Noida. Where exactly are you based in Gurgaon, I mean which locality ? There are lot of cool hangouts like pubs, bars, lounge bars, multiplexes and discotheques in Gurgaon where you can have a decent time. You can check out Beer Island in Ambience Mall. Or you can visit Galleria market in DLF Phase-4 or Supermart 1 in Sushant Lok, there's some good pubs and restaurants here with live music, and I have seen expats hanging around there. Or you can visit any of the malls on MG road, like Sahara, MGF Metropolitan or City center. Lots of pubs, lounge bars or discs in these place plus multiplexes in each one of them. You can indulge in bowling in Ambience Mall or also check out go karting at 32nd Milestone which also has a pub and disc.

Jim12

Thanks guys - I will have fun exploring.

I'm stopping near to ambience Mall - Where is the best place to catch live music over the weekend?

Sandeepdg

You can check out Attitude Alive in DLF Supermart 1, in DLF phase 4. Good rock music, well known Indian rock bands play there from time to time and they have a decent in-house band. Good food also at Oak tree down stairs as well at the pub itself. There's Club 99 in Sushant Lok phase 1, Staying Alive at DT Mega mall and Odyssey, CLub 18 and couple of other ones in Sahara mall.

Jim12

Thanks for the info Sandeepdg - looks like I've got a few places I can check out this weekend!!

Sandeepdg

You are most welcome, mate. Just drop in a few lines if you would like to know more about Gurgaon.

masha.pasha

Sandeepdg
It seems you know Gurgaon well. Can you tell anything about some huge project there KINGDOM OF DREAMS. I have heard of it, that it is an interesting place to visit, and very splendid as wellSay something about it if you personally had been there. Thank you.

Jim12

I plan to go there in the next few weeks and will put a post on here after that.

Sandeepdg

@ Masha Pasha and Jim

Guys, I haven't been to Kingdom of Dreams myself, but I know some folks who have. Its an experience worth enjoying ! Its like the Bollywood version of Moulin Rouge. And the food is awesome, you will find a food street serving regional specialty cuisines from all Indian states. Also check out the Mongolian Circus that is currently in town and performing here at Kingdom of Dreams. Those guys are simply amazing !

masha.pasha
Sandeepdg wrote:

Its an experience worth enjoying ! Its like the Bollywood version of Moulin Rouge.

Any idea of fees and rates??

abuchanan

This the first I have heard of such a thing!! I am very excited to find out more now!!

Sandeepdg
masha.pasha wrote:
Sandeepdg wrote:

Its an experience worth enjoying ! Its like the Bollywood version of Moulin Rouge.

Any idea of fees and rates??

Yup. Rates are not cheap but they are worth it. Tickets rates start from INR 750 to 4000 on weekdays and INR 1000-6000 on weekends. These are for the Zangoora Bollywood musical show and I think out of this around Rs 600 is refundable for food and anything else you plan to to buy in the "Culture Gully". Though don't take my word for it, as I not too sure about this "food" part. You can call up the customer care number and inquire about anything you need to know. I am posting the website link here :

http://kingdomofdreams.in/HTML/index.html

masha.pasha

Guys, I just bought a new Delhi&NCR map. Already The Kingdom of Dreams is included in it as one of the main contemporary attractions. Listen what is given about it there in the map: The magnificent Kingdom of Dreams is fabulous kingdom, which brings to life  a blend of Indias art, culture, heritage, crafts, cuisine and performing arts all with the technological wizardry of today. This is a destination in itself which will capture the imagination of the world.
The fees are also given there in the map as well as the working hours:

Tuesday to Friday 01-06 PM 500 Rs per person, 06 PM 12 midnight 750 Rs per person.
Saturday & Sunday 01 PM 12 midnight 750 Rs per person.

For children below 4 ft in height the entrance is FREE.

anubhavmeena

Hi Jim12!

Welcome to Expat.com.

zukyboy2000

hello

Articles to help you in your expat project in New Delhi

All of New Delhi's guide articles