Moving to zanzibar

Hello, my name is Maura.
I‘m 20 years old and living in Germany.
I'm planning to move to Zanzibar because i fell in love with the culture the nature and the people there. I lived in zanzibar for three months while working as a volunteer. After that i visited zanzibar two times and i‘m not really happy in Germany anymore.
Six months ago i had to decide if i wanted to listen to my rational voice and start university or if i follow my heart, move to zanzibar and start something new there. I did not follow my heart but started university. I really tried to do it but my heart is in zanzibar and i can't continue like this. I don't want to live an unhappy life only being 20 years old.
I quit university, i‘m working really hard right now to safe some money and i‘m planning to go there around June 2022.
One good thing is that i know a lot of locals already so not everything will be new, i lived lived with them and i really enjoyed everything.
My only problem is that i need a job there…
That is why i‘m looking for a Job in Zanzibar right now.
I have a two year experience in being a waiter and a bartender. I also worked as a personal trainer. I‘m a very open person, i speak very good englisch and i like to be around people. I‘m also very motivated to learn new things.

If anyone here thinks that there are possibilities for me to get a job somewhere in zanzibar i would be very very thankful!

Thank you for the opportunity to share my situation.

Hello Hmaurah

I am a 67 year old yoga teacher in the U.K.  My husband and I are thinking of leaving the UK. We have not been to Zanzibar but it looks wonderful.

Please contact us and let us know how you get on in Zanzibar.

Shirley and Gary

There are a few Face Book Groups in Zanzibar, it's worth reaching out on that platform, good luck.

Hello,
I am in Zanzibar, local, I want to start a small project which Abit unique for Zanzibar, I want to start with small money from myself but need someone whom we can collaborate and offer expertise on food / restaurant work including good marketing I don't mind if we can make agreement of 50/50. How about that, let's talk more.
Shara

Hi Shara, I would like to hear more about your idea. I currently run social media accounts for online marketing - is this something you are looking for?

Best, Eli

I will write in detail tomorrow about the project and advise as well.
Kinder regards
Shara

Hello Eli.
My name is Shara 56 yrs old woman with various experiences, I am professionally Enviromentalist and Community Development worker , I worked in the petty tourism business since 1996 as a tour operator then quited because of political situation and moved abroad, when I came back I started small cooking class business called Tangawizi Bistro Cooking class.
Now, I am starting another small project with my partner Fadhila , this one will be in the farm  called Tangawizi Bistro Farm to table. We are trying to plant vegetables and also we will buy some from other farms around the area so that we will have 80% organic products for restaurant, you can get your share for marketing work, we can agree and we can test this work while you are there. We can do online so that you can receive money there when we get clients through your marketing work and will decide it according to agreement. Later you can come over as we know for sure things work.
Regards

Thanks for the response. Really great to hear your background and future endeavors. I will arrive in Zanzibar Feb 4th, so I would love to meet and at the very least make a new friend! I will send you a private message with my details, talk soon :)

Best, Eli

Thanks you are welcome

Welcome Tanzania welcome to Zanzibar

Hi Shara,

We wish to move and start a business in Zanzibar with my wife and children.. We would be interested to talk with you and get some details about your business idea.. Please write to us..

Cheers,

Yana & Hasan

Yana and Hassan ,
Thanks for message, send me whatsApp message on ****
We will chat.
Thanks
Shara

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not share any private details on the forum for your own security
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct