Menu
Expat.com

Visa issue

Last activity 17 March 2024 by tandinganleahmarie21

ammusadaf

Good evening all,

I would like to know a very important information regarding a work visa transfer.

I have put resignation in my previous company  three months back , till now they hadn’t canceled my work visa .My new company is requesting to allow OPEN mobility transfer and a releasing LETTER from old sponsor, but when I spoke to my old sponsor it was clear that he is not ready to give release nor any NOC.

Can someone give me a solution for this issue, as I need to transfer visa to my new company.

Today when i spoke to LMRA customer service, they are saying very limited information only , can someone please tell me a solution.

I remember many expatriates who were having sponsor issues and visa issues visiting LMRA SITRA branch for getting release, but now sitra branch deals for Flexi visa only I guess.I didn’t get much feedback also .

Awaiting for a valuable feedback guys.

Thanks

XTang

Read this

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=841333

The part about mobility without consent.

ammusadaf

Thanks for sharing, can you let me know which LMRA office branch i should visit ?

XTang

Read the link first and you will get the answer.

ammusadaf

Yes I have red the full info.

Now my doubt is , here in Bahrain which LMRA branch deal with this case , I believe all Lmra branch won’t deal this kind of issue , if you could let me know the specific branch , it would have been much time consuming for me

XTang

You did not read it.  If you did, it clearly explains how to get mobility or transfer without consent of the employer.  Forget the irrelevant question about the branch. Do the resignation per process and then worry about branch. And this only works if you have completed 1 year with current employer.

This portion below:

If employer is not allowing you to leave: Resign via registered mail and retain the pink slip.  Go to LMRA and get mobility without consent if you have worked with the current employer for more than 1 year.  If less than one year, you can still use this notice to push for visa cancellation through coordination with LMRA and MOL.
Some examples/cases:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=831069

Mobility without consent process: https://lmra.bh/portal/en/page/show/194

ammusadaf

Yes I got what your saying..

For your kind info I have worked with the company for 2 and half years, and submitted resignation and got the pink slip, so all the requirements are met , but current employer requesting NOC and a open mobility.. that is what confusing me , as I have submitted the pink slip and resignation receipt already to my current employer, he still insisting for NOC and mobility from my previous company.

XTang

That is an issue with your new employer.  Noc is not needed. Mobility can be without consent.  Either they don't understand the process or have stupid internal policies. You have to convince them to go for mobility without consent. There is no other way.  Lmra won't help you without new employer on your side.

ammusadaf

I have the offer letter of new company  , and the pink slip, also resignation is in my email as well, if I got direct to LMRA office with all these ,  will I get open mobility?

XTang

No.  There is no such thing as open mobility first of all.  There is mobility with or without consent.   You can only get mobility without consent.  And as I said, lmra won't transfer you without your new employer applying for you.

confusedboy
ammusadaf wrote:

I have the offer letter of new company  , and the pink slip, also resignation is in my email as well, if I got direct to LMRA office with all these ,  will I get open mobility?

Did you get issue sorted?

LMRA told if you have employer visa issues like cancellation of visa application, go to LMRA sitra, even though you they have flexi only office, there is a small back office to help with these queries. One can check there if they can help, but need to take appointment, if no help then again visit another LMRA branch.

mwassuzy9

Hi guys,want to ask something my visa was applied 1month ago it is in progress but until now its not out what could be the cause??

XTang

Just wait. It happens

mwassuzy9

Hi everyone,am currently in kenya but was in Bahrain like 1 year & half ago,wanted to go back to Bahrain bcz l find anew job,but my Visa expired while in the progress & l found out that l had a case for Stc WiFi l never canceled the contract for it l owe them 708bd what can l do to remove the case & to solve the problem??please help

XTang

Pay off or settle the claim with STC directly.  And then have them remove the case.

mwassuzy9

If l pay the stc & settle the case can l come back to Bahrain immediately or l have to wait for some months?

KHURRAM SHAIKH

Contact collection company before you arrive and make sure they remove the case after your payment.

mwassuzy9

Hi everyone,can the stc accept me to pay 300bd in cash then they lift the case after l start working will be paying like 50bd every month until l settle there bill??

XTang

Talk to them.  No one here can tell you. 

tandinganleahmarie21

@XTang Good evening sir, been working for 1 year and 8 months in my current employer  but since  my visa expired already 2 months ago and still working for her trying to wait until she would renew it again,Im planning to find new  job that employer will apply a working visa. Just wanted to ask if I can leave directly if I found one or do I  still need to pass a resignation and wait for 1 month as notice period?please enlighten  me.TIA

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bahrain

• Visas for Bahrain
    Visas for Bahrain

Almost all travellers to Bahrain require a visa, with the exception of passport holders from the GCC (Gulf ...

• Getting married in Bahrain
    Getting married in Bahrain

Bahrain allows anyone who resides in the country to get married, irrespective of nationality or religion. The ...

• Driving in Bahrain
    Driving in Bahrain

Expats love the freedom and convenience of driving, and many choose to purchase or rent their own car. But, ...

• Opening a bank account in Bahrain
    Opening a bank account in Bahrain

Opening a local bank account is essential for receiving your salary. The Wage Protection System (WPS) is designed ...

• Relocating with your pets to Bahrain
    Relocating with your pets to Bahrain

One of the decisions to make when relocating to a foreign country is what to do about pets. For many expats, there ...

• Starting a business in Bahrain
    Starting a business in Bahrain

According to the World Bank Group report for 2019, Bahrain lies 3rd out of 20 nations, for ease of doing business ...

• Studying in Bahrain
    Studying in Bahrain

The universities and colleges in Bahrain are too numerous to mention. The majority are Bahrain institutions, but ...

• Healthcare in Bahrain
    Healthcare in Bahrain

Bahrain has world-class medical facilities, health professionals, and easy access to medical treatments. Public ...

All of Bahrain's guide articles