Menu
Expat.com

Accommodation in Mauritius

Last activity 04 April 2022 by Marylyn NG

kress12

HI, Can someone please tell where's the best place to rent a family house in Mauritius. somewhere safe ? Ideally tourist area. Thanks

Junior Zin

Grand Baie,

varshabachoo

Blue bay

vijayesh

Grand baie or pereybere.
Thanks

Ivan_Katinic

Hi, pretty much it is safe everywhere. Before deciding on the town, do you have school aged kids? If yes what schools would you like them to attend? I wouldn't recommend living at Flic en Flac. It is too touristy and off tfe way.  From Trou aux Biches folliwing north east is nice. There are nice towns inlands. The south is beautiful.  I, my self, refuse to live in fenced compounds as it is not necessary in this beautiful country. I would personally feel like in a getho. But that is my personal feel. My 6 years old goes to IPS. That is why I live in the north, Perreybere.

ptrhmmnd

Black River

Tecsla Inc.LLC

flic en flac

kress12

Very comprehensive...
Thank you so much
My partner and I are planning to move settle down in Mauritius.  We are from the UK.
We've to kids 7 and 11.
Definitely will be looking in the North not too far from the beach.
Could you please tell about the rent, roughly how much will cost per month

Thanks

rajturbo

Cost will depend on the quality, size, location of the property. Perhaps if you could let landlords know exactly what your requirements are and your maximum budget and the length of time you want to rent they will be in a position to start recommending.
Price may range from £500 to £3000 a month.

standaman1967

you do not want to be commuting more than 15 mins to school in the morning so i would decide on the school first and then work from there. its also a good idea to come stay in an air bnb for a month or two first so you really get a feel for what ticks your boxes and you can view places. in person. it's what we did and would highly recommend doing so as it allows you to choose what is right for you.

Macmac0065

I agree with that.  Thats what im planning to do in a few years,  when i hopefully relocate to Mauritius.  Even though its a small island,  i get the impression that the towns have very different characteristics.  Then we can move around the Island in different places before deciding where to buy anything & settle for good.  Good advice.

Marylyn  NG
@kress12 

Hello, In what region are you looking for rental. For How many months , Number of rooms Budget please . 

Thank You.
Marylyn Ng
What'sapp -***
Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : Kindly exchange your contact details by using the private messaging system please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mauritius

• Driver's licence in Mauritius
    Driver's licence in Mauritius

Mauritius has a well-developed public transport network, although the frequency and working hours might not work ...

• Banking services in Mauritius
    Banking services in Mauritius

Opening a bank account in Mauritius can help you in many ways, including receiving your salary, paying your ...

• Emergency numbers in Mauritius
    Emergency numbers in Mauritius

The list below contains emergency numbers in Mauritius, should you be in need for assistance at any ...

• The health system in Mauritius
    The health system in Mauritius

Health is a major issue when moving abroad. Are expats eligible for the Mauritian health system? What are the ...

• Recommended doctors in Mauritius
    Recommended doctors in Mauritius

You might be needing medical assistance during your stay in Mauritius. Expat.com provides you with a list of ...

• Study in Mauritius
    Study in Mauritius

Mauritius is becoming a higher education hub for the region as it offers a great deal of options. Most Mauritian ...

• Buying a property in Mauritius
    Buying a property in Mauritius

The Economic Development Board reminds us that any non-citizen, whether an individual or an investor, is allowed ...

• Education in Mauritius
    Education in Mauritius

The Mauritian school system is based on the Anglo-Saxon model and is divided, as is often the case elsewhere, into ...

All of Mauritius's guide articles