Overstay in mauritius

Hello,can someone help me pls.am Mauritian and my future husband is a Nigerian.we have a plan of getting married and have a family together. So I go to mauritius immigration. To ask if its possible to married here in mauritius, in case of going to Nigeria. They tell me its possible. And need to provide all documents they ask...so we do all necessary and bring all documents. My future husband was in mauritius and have and overstay during to covid times.so they tell me he must return back to Nigeria...and after 1vweek I submit all documents...this is wat he do.after 1week I drop all documents...they tell me I must go another department bcux of the overstay...I go there and someone ask me alot of questions. That I answer, and later he tell me to drop all my documents to despatch department downstairs...I leave the documents here.and 2 another weeks past, I call the immigration they tell me is underprocess, they still working on it.and this week is the third weeks,and am still waiting, I call tday department vetting, they tell me,they finish working on it,now it's in the high commission, or comity in another department. I tell them how long this will take they tell me they don't know, but as soon as this will b ready they will let me know. I just want to understand their process,and how long this will take.because I am pregnant and need my husband here. Or if  I need to go to Nigeria to get married, or I should wait.pls can someone help me🙏and counsel me 

Thank you. 

Hi Hidden Queen,

The process takes quite some time. Where is your fiance right now ?

Regards,

Anoushka

@Anou86 

In Nigeria dear,he is waiting. 

It does take some time. I don't know if you can travel being pregnant (how far along you are) or if there are travel restrictions...It is nevertheless less complicated to get married in Nigeria than in Mauritius.

@Hidden Queen me im in same situation just for me i have already a son with him another one on the way have u complete your own

@Anou86 I'm Michael please how long does it take to get spouse letter to enter Mauritius

@Hidden Queen hello, as anou86 said it takes less time to marry in another country than in mauritius now. My husband and I got married in seychelles as too complicated in mauritius.

Please how can I get immigration lawyer contact in Mauritius. Please I need some help thanks

I'm in the same thing.. I'm a Nigerian I'm married to a Mauritan.. she came to Nigeria and we did our civil union here.. now it's just the overstay to be lifted from my record that I have been waiting for because I did overstay due to COVID-19 and travel restriction.. please anyone with a solution or any immigration lawyer contact should share please.. I've been waiting for almost 10months now

Hello muzzybest,

Upon your departure from Mauritius, were you informed about a re-entry ban being imposed on you? If so, could you specify the duration of the ban, considering you mentioned waiting for its upliftment for the past 10 months?

Here is the list of Immigration lawyers in Mauritius. You should check it out. 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl yeah I signed an overstay form and they told me I must contact the appropriate body before I take a trip to Mauritius again... They didn't mention if the ban was for a specified period of time

I recommend reaching out to an officer from the Passport and Immigration Office via this email address: piomain@govmu.org.

All the best,

Cheryl

@Cheryl Thanks so much for the response.. I really appreciate

@muzzybest did you marry in a federal marriage registry?

I know a guy who study in Mauritius he applied for visa extension but the school refused to submit his application and he overstayed for 5months but he's now married to a Mauritian but he's scared because people keep telling him it will be impossible to reunite with is wife

@payanruoh.. yes I did my marriage in a federal marriage registry and I authenticated my marriage certificate at the ministry of foreign affairs Abuja

@payanruoh... Maybe impossible... They just rejected my application after waiting for 1yr and 2months for nothing

@Celestine Udoka did you the service of any immigration lawyer... If yes can you drop his or her details

Hi all!

I need to know how is it about staying longer in Mauritius than it is permitted for tourists. Is it possible to pay a kind of tax for the time you have extended? Does anybody know this? (This is possible in Dominican Republic for example.)

If someone is trying to overstay for medical treatment, it is seen permitted without any fee. But overstay permission should be secured from immigration before the expiry of the visa.

I am not aware if you simply want to overstay for enjoying life in Mauritius. In this case please visit immigration office in port Louis and discuss with the immigration officer directly !!!

@ethimedpharma Thank you for your post. Fortunately I'm (still) healthy! I'm just making sure how to manage in case I didn't find out in 3 months what I'm looking for and would need to stay longer... Instead of leaving-coming back again, and again to the country.

Normally a tourist is allowed to stay 180 in a year but in parts. Each part should be maximum of 90 days. In your case , please present before the immigration officer and explain your need to overstay. Hope he will guide you and give you a good solution !!

Regards

Ahsan Mohammed