URGENT "security clearance for employment"

Hello.

I was offered a job in Oman .
I had my previous experience in uae.
I'm back to home country now and waiting for offer finalisation to move to Oman .
The company is government related. There are few things to do prior confirmation, one of them is " security clearance for employment "

What does this mean?
They will ask home country if I have good conduct or court cases etc?
Or they will ask country of last employer which is uae??

I'm asking because I have one active case related to rent dispute in uae , so I don't know if this can screw this offer.
Many thanks
Hi @pirlo59 , first all the GCC Countries are interconnected,  and if the hiring company is a government or semi government,  they make a security check on the people prior to issue them the resident.

For your rental dispute , if that a rent only , should not be an issue , but if it went to criminal crime then it will show up .

Best kf luck and keep us posted , usually it take from 2 weeks to 21 days .

But Ramadan timing will may prelong it .
Hi @pirlo59,
I am an expat working in UAE Govt. I was also in need of getting a clearance before joining here eventhough I was working in the same emirate. Rent dispute case shouldn't be an issue. As per my knowledge, the CID Dept will check mainly the criminal background of the employee and also the nature of business of your past employers (conflicts, security risks etc.). Wish you all the best.