Menu
Expat.com

New to forum

Last activity 04 August 2011 by Deter

Deter

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and I am looking forward to meeting a lot of people; and making many new friends, both here on the forum and on my future trip.

To introduce myself; I am a single aka divorced and therefore free to wander about the globe!!! big_smile.png American male in his mid 40's.

Although I have never travelled Asia before it has always been on my wish list. But I have to face the fact that having never been there, I do not know the ins and outs of travelling or living in SE Asia. I have heard many wonderful things about it though!!! Too wonderful wink.png as many I have spoken to seem to have decided to stay big_smile.png. Must resist temptation to remain in paradise!!!... lol.png

I will be visiting Thailand in a couple of months for a period of about 3 to 3 1/2 months. As I am an avid history buff, heard Thailand had the best scuba diving, and love the various Asian styles of architecture I will be looking forward to travelling the length and breadth of Thailand; and surely getting in a little visit to Ankor Wat in Cambodia. I am hoping that perhaps I might even have time for a side trip to Xian, or the Great Wall in China!!!

:rolleyes:Wow, and all this on what I would like to keep a very modest budget. Very ambitious I know yikes.png God I am such a geek tongue.png !!!! But a geek with a sense of humor! So please feel free to diabuse wink.png me of any overly ambitious roll.png  or laughably unreasonable lol.png ideas I might have about what is a realistic travel itinerary.

Like I said before, I look forward to starting this most eagerly awaited adventure!
ps. I will post a picture after I figure out how to.... History geek, yes cool.png .. computer literate...ehhh, not so much neutral.png ...

Thanks for having such a wonderful forum.

Deter

Christine

Hi Deter,

Welcome to Expat.com! smile.png

Thank you for your introduction. I hope you find lot of new contacts on the site. smile.png

Living in Chiang Mai

If you happen to come up to Chiang Mai,pls let me know if you need any helps.

Deter

big_smile.png

Thank you for the warm welcome Christine, and Living in Chiang Mai. I do intend to visit northern Thailand, I have been told  Chiang Mai is a wonderful city so I would be very grateful for any assistance you could provide. I am still in the research phase of trying to find out what to do, where to go, and when to be there. That being said any tips and hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks smile.png

Articles to help you in your expat project in Thailand

All of Thailand's guide articles