Menu
Expat.com

Working as a veterinary assistant in Mauritius

Last activity 13 September 2022 by Guest8928

sanneragfeldt
Hi, I work in Sweden as a veterinarian assistant. I visited mauritius in July 2022. I'm planning to move to mauritius in about two months. I would like to get some information about how to get work there. I speak English and Swedish.
Regards, Sanne
infogreencycle
Why would someone living in Sweden come to work in Mauritius? Are you a scam? 99% people here would go to work and live in Sweden without hesitation.
Bhavna
Hello everyone,

@ Infogreencycle, please refrain from posting the same question/observation over and over again. No one needs your permission to come here, right ?

The initiator asked for a specific question ! If you don't have any useful info, let it be !

@sanneragfeldt, Sorry about this ! Welcome on board !

As a matter of fact, there is need for veterinary here, but I doubt that as an assistant, you will be easily offered an opportunity. You will have to reach out for employers and do some networking.

I suggest that you create an advert in the Jobs in Mauritius section of the website so that potential employers can have a look at your CV.

You may also contact the following to enquire about vacancies :

- Paws Mauritius
- Animalia Mauritius

All the very best,
Bhavna
Jan Minnie

@sanneragfeldt Hi, contact All Lives Matter. They will be able to point you in the right direction.

dhand

@sanneragfeldt hello please send me an email on [link moderated]

Guest8928

Hello Sanne,

Your help here would be very valuable. I understand getting employed as a vet is not easy, but as an assistant you could find placement.

I doubt we can post emails and numbers here, but you need to track down Moira from All Life Matters. The best is to go to Google Maps, search for All Life Matters and give them a call. Tell them why you are calling, and you could either speak to the vets or to Moira.

There's another wonderful lady working in Cascavelle. Again - Google Maps, search for vet in cascavelle, and give her a call.

Hope you have a wonderful time here!

All the best,

Annelé

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mauritius

• Work in Mauritius
    Work in Mauritius

The small, prosperous republic of Mauritius has risen to become one of the most progressive economies in Africa. ...

• Invest in Mauritius
    Invest in Mauritius

Mauritius is an ideal destination for foreign investment. With a stable democracy, the Rule of Law, and an ...

• Setting up a business in Mauritius
    Setting up a business in Mauritius

Mauritius is a world-renowned business center, ranked first in sub-Saharan Africa by the World Bank. It is the ...

• Work contracts in Mauritius
    Work contracts in Mauritius

In Mauritius, job contracts are stringently regulated to ensure fair treatment and clarity for all employees. The ...

• Internships in Mauritius
    Internships in Mauritius

Mauritius attracts many international students who are looking to do an internship abroad to gain their first ...

• Labor market in Mauritius
    Labor market in Mauritius

The Mauritian economy is a service economy, and not surprisingly, the labor market is dominated by this sector. ...

• Driver's licence in Mauritius
    Driver's licence in Mauritius

Mauritius has a well-developed public transport network, although the frequency and working hours might not work ...

• Banking services in Mauritius
    Banking services in Mauritius

Opening a bank account in Mauritius can help you in many ways, including receiving your salary, paying your ...

All of Mauritius's guide articles