New members of the Senegal forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Senegal forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Senegal if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I am actually not a newbie in Senegal. I have been living back and forth between the US, Europe and Senegal

@Julien Good evening,

I have no idea how to do this! So...I am just going to wing it. My name is Cheikh Mbacké. I am a newbie on the Senegal forum, but not in Senegal. I am originally from here but grew up and went to school in the US. I am a cell biologist and Sr. consultant in the biotech/Parma industry in the US transitioning back to Senegal.

I hope to meet people here and make new friends,

Cheers,

Hello Cheikh Mbacké, welcome on board !

I would suggest that you read the Living in Senegal guide for expats and open your own topic on the Senegal forum if you have any questions.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello, I'm Fadel from Lebanon, new on the forum moved to Senegal 2 years ago for work. I live in Mariste and work in Diamniadio. I'm here on the forum to help (as much as I know about the country) and learn from other expats.

Hello Fadel,

Welcome on board ! We'll be happy to read you on the forum.

All the very best

Bhavna

@ccambacke  Hello, I'm an African American spending a couple of months here in Dakar trying to get a feel for the place with the hopes of eventually retiring and living 6 months here and 6 months in US. Would welcome connecting  with you to learn more about this amazing country, it's customs and culture and what it's like regularly moving between here and the American culture.

@Nancy D82 Hello Nancy,

Feel free to send this member a private message. You can click on his username/photo and choose the option "send a message"

All the best

Bhavna

@Nancy D82

Hello nancy ,

feel free to contact me on my mail box

@Julien Hello there. I hope you are all doing well.

I am french and I arrived in Senegal two months ago. The country is beautiful but not always easy when you are a newbie and know no one !

I am currently living in Saly but I am looking for a furnished house near the Liberté 6 extension. By the way, it's really hard to find a place to live 😭😭😭😭

I haven't had the chance to visit and to discover the cultural life but I am looking for it and to meet new people.

Thanks, Atouma

hello ,please contact me on my inbox

@Hatouma9102

Hi. Welcome to senegal. I am also new in Dakar. Living in plateau. Pls connect

I am Aduraleke. I am an ESL teacher. I currently reside in The Gambia. I have been teaching English as second language IGCSE/Checkpoint examination students in The Gambia over the years. I anticipate relocating to Senegal Dakar. Kindly update for a possible job opening. Many thanks.

@adekoyae86

Hello and welcome !

Feel free to have a look at the ads posted under the section Job offers in Dakar. You may also create your CV in the same section for better exposure.

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna I have done that

@Bhavna Could you please update me with jobs openings as an English teacher

@Bhavna Email: ****

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@fatimfa I am Aduraleke. I am an ESL teacher. I currently reside in The Gambia. I have been teaching English as second language IGCSE/Checkpoint examination candidates in The Gambia over the years. I anticipate relocating to Senegal Dakar. Kindly update me for a possible job opening. Many thanks.

@adekoyae86

Hello, please note that we are not a recruitment agency. We can not update you on jobs openings. You have to check the Jobs in Senegal section from time to time.

There is a list of recruitment agencies in the Busines directory, you better contact them and enquire : Recruitment Agencies in Senegal

Regards

Bhavna

Dear Hiring Professional

My name is Aduraleke Adekoya, I'm open to opportunities as an ESL Teaching position. Fluent in English. I look forward to offering students in Dakar Schools Senegal  the ability to improve their proficiency with English. In my current position as an ESL teacher, I have followed state and district policies to deliver a curriculum with proven results. Since I began this job in 2004, my students' standardized test scores have steadily increased by 55%. I've also devised creative ways to plan fun activities in line with the district-approved curriculum, like incorporating humor and pop culture into lessons for increased student engagement. I am dedicated to celebrating my students' cultural heritage while giving them English skills they can use throughout their lives. For example, I encourage students to bring a dish for a potluck once each term and deliver reports that describe elements of their cultural heritage. This position represents an opportunity for me to add value to Dakar District with my proven teaching acumen and success with promoting engagement among students.

Hello

I'm about to go to Saint Louis, Senegal, as a volunteer for 6 to 1 year, and I'd like to have some information about this city, if there are any expats, about life here, outings, dynamics, safety, atmosphere... from people who are there or are staying there or have been there for a long time.

@ccambacke

Greetings Cheikh:  We may have a few things in common.  I've being going back and forth to Senegal for about 55 years (!!) and for the last 23, spend 3 or 4 months of the year in a house I built with a Senegalese family I"m close to, in the Mbour area.  I've watched this region grow incredibly - in fact, it's been a boom in housing for years. My partner and I have acquired a number of parcels and built a few affordable houses.  If you're interested, you can visit our website: ***

Transitioning back from the US is a wonderful journey - and I've accompanied a few close friends who've done it or are doing it now.  All after many years in the US. I love living in Senegal, speak Wolof and French and feel at peace there.  I also spend maybe 8 months in DC where I live in a modest townhouse - and like that life too!  I couldn't live without Senegal though.

My partner and I have just completed a beautiful house in Gandigal, next to Saly.  We've put it up for long or mediem-term rental or even for sale.  If you're interested, send me an email and I'll send you the flyer we created:

Andrew Gilboy :   ***

Okay - that's all for now.  My cell is you want to call, is :  ***  By the way, your namesake built a fabulous house in Ngaparlu (between Somone and Saly) that is off-grid.  He lives there peacefully in retirement. 

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : External website + contact details should be shared in private. Click on the member's photo to send a message
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1055656

Thanks!

Closed