Looking to make friends with South Africans living in Mauritius as I'm moving from SA to MU

Hi there

I'm Meesha and I'm finally moving to Mauritius mid next year.

Since Mauritius is going to be my second home, I'm hoping to make some South African friends so i don't miss home too much.

Maybe have a lekker braai and catch up. I'll most probably complain about load shedding, haha but definitely wont miss it.

I'll be coming down sometime this year just to sort out some paper work, so hoping to meet up with some of you guys then.

Please do get in touch 1f642.svg And tell me how it is living in Mauritius compared to SA.

I haven't been there in years so an update from someone from SA would be awesome.

Chat soon!!

@Meesha88 ... Hi Meesha, may I ask what you will be doing in Mauritius?

My family and I are considering relocating to Mauritius as well, but are finding it a challenge. Sny help from you or anyone on the forum would help just to guide me, possibilities for obtaining employment on the Island and so forth would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

So I'll be relocating to Mauritius as most of my mom's family lives in Mauritius.

So I'll hopefully find employment once I'm there.

So I just read through the Mauritius expat guide and it was extremely informative. It will basically answer some of your questions as tells you what to do or how to prepare to relocate.

What visa are you currently looking at?

@Meesha88 ... thank you very much for your response.

I will definitely look into it.... good luck with your relocation and plans... I certainly hope it all works out for you.

Not Sure what type of visa would apply, as I can't apply for an occupational permit...ultimately I want to try and secure employment and take it from there

Hi @MohammedRasool

You're welcome, and thank you 🙂

Well, once you've read through the guide, I'm sure it will provide you with some further clarity on what visa options would be more suitable for you and what's great about it is that it has employment guidelines.

I do hope everything works out for you and all the best!

@Meesha88

Hey Meesha,

Just saw ur post.

I am also new to Mauritius and will be moving there in coming weeks. Stay in touch and hopefully meet you there

Hi @CPT D

That's awesome news, when are you landing in Mauritius?

Super excited for you. What made you want to move to Mauritius?

Will definitely keep in contact.

Take care.