Catholic church with English mass/ Filipino kababayans

Just new in Mauritius, arrived here last May 30, 2015. Happy to learn about Expat.com and we, together with my wife, are interested to know where can we attend English Catholic mass and get in touch with other Filipinos here in Mauritius. Hello to everybody!

Hi and welcome to Expat.com and Mauritius :)

I know there is an English Mass at St Benoit Catholic Church in Tamarin at 6pm,  usually first Sunday of each month.
The last one was 5th July so I assume the next one will be on 2nd August.

A friend used to go to a English service every Saturday at 6.00 PM at a Catholic church in Rose Hill although I don't know if this still happens or which one.

I have also found the following web page, it lists all the Catholic Churches in Mauritius, you click on the area you want and it then gives you the full listing and contact details, so you will be able to contact the person at the church to ask about English Services.
http://www.thecatholicdirectory.com/dir … country=mu

Hope this has been of some help to you :)

Thanks for the info, appreciated much!☺

I go to my local catholic church , yes it is in French and Kreole but often some parts are in English.  It helps with the language as I take my english bible with me and when the lectures from the Bible are read out I can read the English and listen to the French

Hi,

If you are in the north, once a month, there is English Mass in Grand Bay on Sunday at 10 am.

Please enquire.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Pascal

Hi Guys,
Even though it is an old post, I thought of sharing the information. There is an English service every Saturday 6pm at St Joseph chapel. As that parish have a strong Filipino community they also have mass in Tagalog twice a month followed by Filipino gathering.

@terence Is this chapel the one near the Beau Bassin municipal building in Rosehill with Gordan street on the one side? My wife is Filipino

@longbb8

Hello feel free to send Terence a private message by clicking his username/photo. He might not get notified that you posted on this thread.

He will confirm

Regards

Bhavna

Hi,

The Church is not very far from the Rose hill bus stop . It is St Joseph Chapel opposite to the Big Church in Rose Hill. Every Saturday 6.30 Mass. She can Meet Tess there who is a Filipina. There is also a Mauritius Filipino group on Face book , she can join there . They will update her on the Tagalog Mass and other Filipino gatherings in Mauritius.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Terence

@terence many thanks for the information