Belgium short stay visa processing time

Hello

Can someone please guide me this. My mother has submitted Belgium short stay visa visiting family as I live in Belgium. The visa application was submitted at Mumbai VFS and after 3days we received an email saying that "Your visa application has been forwarded to the Foreigners' Office (FPS Interior) for examination and decision."

What does this mean and does this happen in most of the cases? I've submitted all relavant documents, enough funds etc.

Has anyone faced similar situations?

looking for an answer since I have received similar message from the Embassy , few days after submitting the visa application. Anyone has any idea how long this proceedure takes? It's been 20 days since I have submitted it. No updates yet . I can't track my application as well.

It takes upto a month (sometimes 2-3 weeks) to get an answer from DOFI/IBZ.

You can check status at https://infovisa.ibz.be/

@Aneesh Hi, Is it always the case?

I also applied for my girlfriend to stay here for 2 weeks and go back to her country. The visa after 2 weeks was transferred to FPS interior and 2 weeks still and tracking is still not avaible, is this normal? It has been a month since she applied to visa and the travel date has already past. Should I call the office to ask for information or would it make a bad decision on the visa process? We had to cancel her plane tickets also my verlof which I wont be able to take until october.

Hi , mine is just showing processing since 5th of June

Visa application date: 12th of May

e-mail received  : 18th of May

Status reflected in IBZ website : 5th of June - processing

waiting for a decision

Hello,

Here is my mother's visa current status

Visa application date: 16th May

Email received stating application forwarded to Foreigners office(FPS) : 19th May

Status reflected in IBZ website : 26th May - "Processing"

Still awaiting decision and there is no change in status since 26th May in ibz website.

Any idea on how long it takes to change status once application is registered in ibz website?

Our visa has been rejected today, the application was good as we provided every document and VFS officer also said the application looks good and neat, gotta wait for the refusal letter to see why it was rejected.

@user3721 That's unfortunate indeed. Could you please share the time line here? When did you apply for the visa and when did you get the feedback?

@sanooj ck The timeline is like:

2 May application of visa

25 May transfer of file to FPS office

6 June refusal on FPS website

@Anonymous_user Hi, Did you get a reply?

@sanooj ck Not yet. Status in ibz is still "Processing"

I just got it approved on 12th. Hope yours will be approved too

@sanooj ck Congratulations!! Is yours is a visiting visa too? From which country did you apply?

@Anonymous_user Hi, I applied for a short term tourist visa from Dubai. I believe my file was sent to belgium since I have a rejection record in 2020 just before the covid. I applied it on 12th of May, Application was sent to belgium on 18th of May. It was reflected on the DOFI website on 5th of June and the status was processing. It changed to accord on 12th of June. My passport is ready for collection on 13th.

@sanooj ck Thank you for the update!

@Aneesh sir if ibz website show our visa file status is ACCORD!!.. HOW much time we get back our passport on visa stamp from the vfs office...

Hello
Can someone please guide me this. My mother has submitted Belgium short stay visa visiting family as I live in Belgium. The visa application was submitted at Mumbai VFS and after 3days we received an email saying that "Your visa application has been forwarded to the Foreigners' Office (FPS Interior) for examination and decision."

What does this mean and does this happen in most of the cases? I've submitted all relavant documents, enough funds etc.

Has anyone faced similar situations?
-@Anonymous_user

Yes this an email all the applicants get when they submit their application

Now, it takes several weeks to be trackable on the ibz website from the tracking number your embassy gave you.

It's been 5 weeks for mine and still no tracking, so just pray and stay calm

Hello

Thank you all for your replies, unfortunately my mother's visa got rejected. We are filing again on Jul 13th with strong documents

@Anonymous_user Hello Sir, Sorry to hear that. Could you kindly let us know the reason for rejection of mother visa mentioned by belgium embassy?

It takes upto a month (sometimes 2-3 weeks) to get an answer from DOFI/IBZ.You can check status at https://infovisa.ibz.be/-@AneeshHi! I have applied for tourist visa for my wife as I don't need it because I'm an European citizen but I've also received that my visa application have been forwarded to FPS Interior. Should I worry about it?

My mother applied family visit visa on 26/07/2023 and the application was forwarded on 08/08/2023, in theory it can take 45 days.

I applied marriage visa on 8/8/2023, received message my application forward to FPS interior on 1/9/2023, kindly advise me.

@patkanjeri same I also apply on 10.8.23

@oliviawilliam2020 did your application forward to FPS ?

Same FPS issue for me, is it advisable to get the passport back and apply Schengen short stay from another country.

@patkanjeri yes

@oliviawilliam2020 did you get any information as for now?, mine is in process meaning?

Hi - Does anyone know if Belgium Embassy in New Delhi sends dependent file to FPS even if Primary applicant(single permit holder) and dependent are applying together?

I am single permit holder and submitted Visa application along with 2 dependents at VFS New Delhi on 4th September. I received communication - "visa application has been forwarded to the Foreigners' Office (FPS Interior) for examination and decision." for both of my dependents.

@divsviet i assume every dependant applications are sent to fps one way or other

@Abdullahgk Thanks for the response. I may have wrong understanding but I thought if you apply dependent Visa along with Primary applicant the decision comes bit fast while I have seen on the forums that this takes significant time in case dependent file is sent to FPS. Anyway let's see if this the process and we hear back from FPS soon.

@divsviet did you get any reply?

What is the timeless?

@Mona84

not yet. The status is still in treatment.

Hi,

Has anyone gotten any feedback in these last days  for short term visa (marriage/ cohabitation visa) that was registe in Dofi beginning of August?

thanks

@Khpalwak Malikzai your application sent to FPS or not?

normally should be 3-15 days!

is tourist visa?

Anyone here that has received the decision yet from FPS? May I know the timeline. Waiting since August 30.

how can you get processing this fast iam in immigration office since 28/8 and still no processing visa D

@Anonymous_user

From what i know they won't grant your mom a visa. They are not allowing parents especially to come to Belgium, because once your mom is here and she wants to stay they have to allow her . Once she can stay than she can get money from the government . I am talking from experience . If she gets it then good luck . They have changed all the rules .

hello, please i will like to seek for an advise from all of you, i have an Estonia Tourist visa in process via the Belgian embassy in my home county (Nigeria). i have read multiple scenario about people on here with their experience with the long time wait and their visa application been forwarded to the foreigners office(FPS interior) as it occur to me currently. but my question is; my intended  date of arrival to the EU territory is in 7days but i just got the email of Application transfer to Foreigners Office which i am sure it will take more than a week for their decision but the problem here is ; i have paid hotel reservation and sightseeing ticket for the intended date which should start in 7days time, i have a grace to cancel and refund if my travel date change but i will not be able for refund again from the first day of the intended arrival in EU and the amount is around a thousand dollar SHOULD I CANCEL THE ITINERARY? will it not affect my decision. Please what should I Do?  I will so much appreciate your advice and respond, Thanks in advance