New members of the Serbia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Serbia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Serbia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

@nemeurehoussem

Hello and welcome !

I believe that you need to find employment/a employer first who would apply for your work permit.

Try posting your CV in the Jobs in Serbia section of the website.

Regards

Bhavna

Hi,

I am an American who has been traveling the world looking for a new home country for the last 3 years.  It wasn't until I traveled to the Balkans that I felt "normal" for the first time in my life, I felt like I was home. Of the Balkans countries. After 50 countries, I feel most at home in Serbia and fell in love with the Serbian people. I am half-Greek by ancestry, so maybe this is why I have an instant affinity for the Serbs, more than for the Greeks actually (sorry brothers). I'm relatively young (mid thirties), and marriage is certainly a possibility and an interest. I do not need a job in Serbia and don't want one. Theoretically, I could teach university-level science, but I don't have a strong interest right now.

My Goals are in this order

1. Obtain temporary residence
  2. Rent or buy an apartment in Belgrade
  3. Make friends and get integrated into the community (I have made some already)
  4. Obtain Citizenship
  5. Marriage the quickest option
  6. Obtain Permanent residence
  7. probably via purchasing property or
  8. Either in Belgrade or in the countryside
  9. I did talk to some lawyers about this but will continue to do so (Any recommendations are welcome)
  10. Taking education courses like a masters degree
  11. Unclear how much the university helps with the residency process
  12. Starting a business or company (my least favorite option)
  13. Purchase agricultural or forest land

Thanks to everyone who has already posted answers on here. I hope to connect with as many of you as possible. Please reach out to me! Let's grab coffee or lunch!

Cheers,

@rickjaxjames

Hello and welcome on board !

Feel free to open as much topics as you wish on the Serbia forum to seek advice from members. We recommend one thread per question so that you can benefit from members' inputs.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi myself Abdulnasar pudiyapurayil from india staying in bangalore with my family.

I am interested to work abroad to look after my family .i do have 12 years driving experience in which I worked as driver for 10 years in sultanate of oman and at present working in india from past 2 years with good records also have valid oman driving licence