Tier 5 sports visa plus a 10 year visit visa

Hi all.

I would be greatful for advise please. My friend has a 10 year visit visa for the uk. However he wants to come and play cricket in the uk. The English cricket board have given us clearance for him to come and play and get paid. However I am unsure if he has to apply for a tier 5 sports visa so he can get paid. I don't want to mess up his visit visa so we want to do it the correct way. Does anyone know what visa is  as I am unsure he can be paid on a visit visa. And last thing how long does it take to get a tier 5 visa as the cricket season starts in April so I would like him to be here latest end of April

i forgot to add he is from jamaica flying to uk

@b3vperry

Hello and welcome !

Just to inform you that your post has been moved to the England forum for better visibility.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi all.
I would be greatful for advise please. My friend has a 10 year visit visa for the uk. However he wants to come and play cricket in the uk. The English cricket board have given us clearance for him to come and play and get paid. However I am unsure if he has to apply for a tier 5 sports visa so he can get paid. I don't want to mess up his visit visa so we want to do it the correct way. Does anyone know what visa is  as I am unsure he can be paid on a visit visa. And last thing how long does it take to get a tier 5 visa as the cricket season starts in April so I would like him to be here latest end of April

-@b3vperry

Perhaps ask the cricket board to look into it and for advice?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I've just checked on the UK Gov website (link); these visas although they are valid for 10 years, the holder can only stay for 6 months in a calendar year, after which they will have to leave the country for 6 months before they can return for a further 6 months.  My understanding of these visas is that the holder may not do paid work and they are not really conducive to playing professional sport.

Sport visas are valid for a maximum of 3 years, you can find all the details on the UK Gov website; this link will take you straight to it.

You can only hold one UK visa at a time.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team