Finding rental homes in the Providence

Hi, I'm currently living in Makati completing a 1 year lease. I'm not liking condo living here... Security Regulations all up the a$$. Not to mention the building has a major cockroach problem. One would think living up 25 floors in a building not even 10years old that wouldn't be an issue.. BUT it is. I've been following Cebu, Iloillo, Bacolod, Davao and Bohol and find mostly condos-apartments or townhouses and all are still in pretty populated areas. Is there any other reputable source I'm missing beyond visiting outer areas- word of mouth? I'm looking to stay under 22K. I like having a enclosed yard.. Upper balcony... Kick back with the bbq and San Mig's.  Thanks.

Welcome to the forum mrbillone.

Your locations are all over the place especially from Makati, I could only suggest to pick an area and focus there, talk to local agents, google can be your bests friend as well as FB marketplace works also and boots on the ground even better.

Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl Thanks... Right after I posted this I received a message on a house I am flying to look at Bacolod.. An agent.. So for now I am very happy! I did not plan on Bacolod.. But many advantages to living there too. Thanks po

@bigpearl Thanks... Right after I posted this I received a message on a house I am flying to look at Bacolod.. An agent.. So for now I am very happy! I did not plan on Bacolod.. But many advantages to living there too. Thanks po

-@mrbillone

Well done and hope you find what you want and the flight is worth it. Plenty of expats down there.

Cheers, Steve.

Hi, I'm currently living in Makati completing a 1 year lease. I'm not liking condo living here... Security Regulations all up the a$$. Not to mention the building has a major cockroach problem. One would think living up 25 floors in a building not even 10years old that wouldn't be an issue.. BUT it is. I've been following Cebu, Iloillo, Bacolod, Davao and Bohol and find mostly condos-apartments or townhouses and all are still in pretty populated areas. Is there any other reputable source I'm missing beyond visiting outer areas- word of mouth? I'm looking to stay under 22K. I like having a enclosed yard.. Upper balcony... Kick back with the bbq and San Mig's.  Thanks.

-@mrbillon

You didn't mention Dumaguete; it is a very popular place in the Visayas with its own uniquess and 4 universities, sometimes called "Dramaguete" by the more notorious expat YouTubers 😂. In 2016 it was rated #5 in the world by Forbes as a retirement destination although even I question that. You might find a house on the beach for 30k and lots of places at 20k. Also, Dumaguete has the 2nd highest English fluency in the Philippines.