Moving to saigon from australia

hi be in saigon in late augest for at least a year and keen to make friends.havent got accomadation as yet but looking to share,love anyone to contact me :)

Check out CraigsList VietNam to get a sense of the rental housing market, but never rent until you've seen the place.

Jaitch wrote:

Check out CraigsList VietNam to get a sense of the rental housing market, but never rent until you've seen the place.

As usual, Jaitch has given excellent advice ! 

IF - you can arrange it in time, get yourself a few VN friends, get to know them, let them get to know you - ask them to see what sort of rental housing they can find for you. They know the market values and will be able to get you the best deal. ;)

Different prices for different people seems to be the rule here for nearly everything - depending what you are after and where you shop! ;)

You're going to love it here in Sai Gon ! :cool:

OH ! If you can't already do it - learn to ride a motorbike !
And bring a set of light weight, plastic, wet weather gear with you !  ;):lol:

Hello andy111.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

The Housing in Saigon section might help too. Do not hesitate to post an advert there. 

Thank you,
Aurélie

Yeah rent a room in a guesthouse for like a month when you get here, they'll cut you a special rate usually for a long stay like that, then go house hunting once you get here and whatnot.

Hey Andy,

Im also moving to Saigon in late August and looking to share a place, I lived in Saigon for 9 months 2 years ago so I know the city reasonably well.

Anyway last time I lived in a Vietnamese style house in District 10 with two other foreigners, was $200 a month each. This time I'm looking to get an apartment in District 3, Binh Thanh or Phu Nhuan.

Let me know if you're interested, I'm going to be arriving in Saigon on about the 25th of August and will get straight into finding a place.

Cheers,
Nathan

Hi,
I am Hieu, i living Dong Nai Province, near Ho Chi Minh City
If you want a place for Tropical experience & rural life. I will help you and free homestay (room).
Dinh Hieu

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]